Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2017
LANDED..........
11-12-2017
My hubby background check is in process now! Yeey! Finally some movement! Hopefully PPr soon! April 5 applicant! Goodluck to all of us!!
That's a good news Ness ! Im happy for you :) finally !!!! It will come soon..... my husband will land on Dec 11:rolleyes: we are very excited :D good luck and keep prayin :) God bless

Last edited:

Goldisrad

Jun 27, 2017
Hello
We applied for my brother’s wife in April(mississauga office), i see everyone here is being asked for their medical or background check! We only recieved a letter last month (oct 4) indicating:
This letter is to confirm your application has been sent to ankara visa office for further processing.
I am not sure what that means! Do we just wait? I dont know what AOR2 means. Is this letter an AOR? Why no one asks us for medicals or back ground check? Do we have to do something? Is there any April 2017 outland applicants who are still waiting ?

vikkumar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
AOR Received.
04/05/2017
File Transfer...
20/06/2017
Med's Request
10/05/2017
Med's Done....
17/05/2017
Hi all, just thought I'd update everyone with whats going on with my file. Nothing at all.

Howevr, I ended up doing an MP inquiry to see what information they could get. We are April 4th applicants (my wife and I) and file was transferred to new delhi in June. Since then, no updates. BGC hasn't started yet. What i did find out from the MP inquiry is that my wife's eligibility was just passed in October and they haven't even started the criminality or security. So I'm guessing its going to take a few more months. I had also applied for a TRV back in July which was refused due to the sponsorship being in progress. Thats the reason I was given. The MP inquiry also suggested that back when I applied for TRV, my wifes eligibility was not passed, which could he a reson for refusal. They suggested that since it has been passed now, we may try again and we may have better chances. They also mentioned that a previous refusal will not affect the results of a future result. So that is pretty much where my file stands. I am unsure like many of you as to why applicants from May and june are getting processed much before us, but I guess that's just how the system works. I am not sure what to do now - whether I should apply for a TRV or not.

Naaaaa

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Hey everyone, just an update - our passport is enroute back to us with COPR (and all the GCKey and ECAS as DM and completed). Thanks everyone who helped and guided! All the best to all that's still waiting!
Which visa office are you?

Any update after PPR? How long did you wait for you to get it back? Thanks!

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
That's a good news Ness ! Im happy for you :) finally !!!! It will come soon..... my husband will land on Dec 11:rolleyes: we are very excited :D good luck and keep prayin :) God bless
Thanks marrianne! What do u think the average time of waiting when background check is in process? Any ideas?

Reactions: donchik

Joejj123

Dec 1, 2017
Hello everyone, I have a question and your response will be highly appreciated.

April 2017 applicant here, I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with updating an error on an application in process?

On my IMM 5669 (11-2016) form question number 4d (been refused refugee status in, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa to, Canada or any other country?)
Yes, I was refused a visiting visa in February 2017 but upon examining a copy of my PR application I noticed that I did check No instead of Yes due to I somehow misinterpreted the question.

Thank you all in advance.

SaoirseB

Apr 17, 2017
Thanks marrianne! What do u think the average time of waiting when background check is in process? Any ideas?
My background check started in early June. Just got COPR today . I think everyone’s case is different and there is no way of telling .it is a positive and it’s just a matter of being patient. Hopefully it will go quickly for you .:)

Reactions: ness12