Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2017
LANDED..........
11-12-2017
Thanks marrianne! What do u think the average time of waiting when background check is in process? Any ideas?
For us after 2 months husband received PPR. But most of my friends in MVO got PPR soon after BGC started. Hope you will get it soon. Good luck ness have more faith.

Reactions: ness12

MrsTanner28

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
We got our passport back but they were requesting new pictures as they didn't meet the standards apparently. Anyways they'll be sent back Monday to them. Everything else is updated and said approved. I'm hoping it doesn't take them a whole other two week to send back, but in the event it does my husband is American and has passport card that allows travel by land. Can he still come to Canada dec 15 without his passport and CoPR just for a visit as it's our anniversary and Christmas?

Thank you

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
April 27th our application was received. May 25th they started processing mine, the sponsor. Background check was requested June. Since then no sound about if it cleared. We just only did the medical. and ECAS says they started processing his application Nov 22nd. Soo laughable this whole thing is.

ngan2017

Dec 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

Here is my online status : Visa processing : Hong Kong Visa Office
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on July 31, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 30, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on August 21, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

For no.5 , it said correspondence was sent out on August 21,2017. However, my representative didn't recieve any email on August 21,2017.
And for my case, I never could get access to online account(GCkeys) as it said my case was handle by representative, so the representative will be the only one who can get access to online account. But the problem is, my representative could never link up my application online too. Therefore, we could check my application status via online status.

We have received an email on Aug 10 in which asked for updated IMM5669 form, IMM5406 form and CNCC. And the updated IMM5669 form, IMM5406 form and CNCC(police certificate) receipt were sent to Hong Kong Visa Office by local registered mail on August 17,2017. And tracking record has shwon the package was received on August 21,2017.

Then an email was received on Aug 17 in which it said Great News! your application for PR has arrived In Hong Kong.We are really looking forward to working with oyou on your journey to immigrate to Canada.

But no email have received on Aug 21. Not until Nov 2,2017, I have received an email about invitation to pre-arrival service.

My agent told me that they already sent message on the webform to ask for correspondence that were sent out on August 21 . My agent got the reply from them and says We didn't have any missing document. But, if we don't have any missing document, how could we explain the point no. 5 has shown in my status.

On the other hand, I want to know if I cannot link up my application to online account(GCkeys). Is there any other way that I can know if my background check is started or not?

Thanks!

Kaenicolas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

3. We sent you correspondence on May 30, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on August 21, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

For no.5 , it said correspondence was sent out on August 21,2017. However, my representative didn't recieve any email on August 21,2017.
And for my case, I never could get access to online account(GCkeys) as it said my case was handle by representative, so the representative will be the only one who can get access to online account. But the problem is, my representative could never link up my application online too. Therefore, we could check my application status via online status.

We have received an email on Aug 10 in which asked for updated IMM5669 form, IMM5406 form and CNCC. And the updated IMM5669 form, IMM5406 form and CNCC(police certificate) receipt were sent to Hong Kong Visa Office by local registered mail on August 17,2017. And tracking record has shwon the package was received on August 21,2017.

Then an email was received on Aug 17 in which it said Great News! your application for PR has arrived In Hong Kong.We are really looking forward to working with oyou on your journey to immigrate to Canada.

But no email have received on Aug 21. Not until Nov 2,2017, I have received an email about invitation to pre-arrival service.

My agent told me that they already sent message on the webform to ask for correspondence that were sent out on August 21 . My agent got the reply from them and says We didn't have any missing document. But, if we don't have any missing document, how could we explain the point no. 5 has shown in my status.

On the other hand, I want to know if I cannot link up my application to online account(GCkeys). Is there any other way that I can know if my background check is started or not?

Thanks!
Hi, can i ask for ur timeline im also under hongkongvisa office

ngan2017

Dec 5, 2017
Hi, can i ask for ur timeline im also under hongkongvisa office
Hi,

Sure, Here is my timeline:

April 26,2017 application was received
June 02 got an email asking for a missing document (then the missing document was submitted right after)
June 28 Sponsorship was approved
June 29 received a request for medical check
July 29 medical check done (we didn't received any email about medical check that was sent on June 29. I didn't realize until end of July as we
call CIC by phone to found out that )
July 26 the case has transferred to HK visa office
Aug 10 request for police certificate ,updated IMM5669 form and IMM5406 form
Aug 15 police certifcate was done (then reciept of police certificate ,updated IMM5669&5406 form were sent out by local registered mail on
Aug 17 and confirm recieved on Aug 21)
Nov 02 received an email about pre-arrival service

Kaenicolas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Hi,

Sure, Here is my timeline:

April 26,2017 application was received
June 02 got an email asking for a missing document (then the missing document was submitted right after)
June 28 Sponsorship was approved
June 29 received a request for medical check
July 29 medical check done (we didn't received any email about medical check that was sent on June 29. I didn't realize until end of July as we
call CIC by phone to found out that )
July 26 the case has transferred to HK visa office
Aug 10 request for police certificate ,updated IMM5669 form and IMM5406 form
Aug 15 police certifcate was done (then reciept of police certificate ,updated IMM5669&5406 form were sent out by local registered mail on
Aug 17 and confirm recieved on Aug 21)
Nov 02 received an email about pre-arrival service
Thankyou so much! Did you received an email from hk like aor2

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hello everyone,

Thanks!
because you have a rep, you cannot link your application -- they will have to do this for you.

You can have them contact IRCC and verify what information they sent on Aug 21 -- could have been another version of a form or more documents needed. Unfortunately because you have a rep, you cant even call into the call center. they have to do it all on your behalf.

Belgiandank

Apr 4, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
05/23/2017
Doc's Request.
6/27/2017
AOR Received.
06/19/2017
File Transfer...
7/13/2017
Med's Request
6/28/2017
Med's Done....
7/3/2017
Passport Req..
01/08/2018
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2018
My husband got a letter with an interview appointment for January. It doesn’t say to bring the passport. Should it?
Hello Susie,

There was someone whose file was processed in manila Visa office. They had their interview and the same day, their passport was stamped and visa is received. Hence, I would recommend for you to just bring your passport so it is available if they need it.
Thanks,

Belgiandank

Apr 4, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
05/23/2017
Doc's Request.
6/27/2017
AOR Received.
06/19/2017
File Transfer...
7/13/2017
Med's Request
6/28/2017
Med's Done....
7/3/2017
Passport Req..
01/08/2018
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2018
Hello
We applied for my brother’s wife in April(mississauga office), i see everyone here is being asked for their medical or background check! We only recieved a letter last month (oct 4) indicating:
This letter is to confirm your application has been sent to ankara visa office for further processing.
I am not sure what that means! Do we just wait? I dont know what AOR2 means. Is this letter an AOR? Why no one asks us for medicals or back ground check? Do we have to do something? Is there any April 2017 outland applicants who are still waiting ?
Hello,
AOR2 is what you have received..stating that the file has been transferred to the local visa office. Nothing you have to do on your end, just wait. The medicals and the Schedule A will be asked by the visa office.

ngan2017

Dec 5, 2017
because you have a rep, you cannot link your application -- they will have to do this for you.

You can have them contact IRCC and verify what information they sent on Aug 21 -- could have been another version of a form or more documents needed. Unfortunately because you have a rep, you cant even call into the call center. they have to do it all on your behalf.
Firstly,Thanks for your reply.

Yes I know. my rep have to link up the application for me. But the funny part is my rep can't never link up my application online either.
My agent has given me the login name and password to login in Gckeys. However, we can never get access to it.

For the missing correspondence that sent out on Aug 21, we have been told by the HK visa office that the correspondence on Aug 21 is sent out from CPC Mississauga,so we should contact them.
And yes you are right. My representative should contact them on my behalf. However, my rep told me they can never get through the line to speak to an agent.
Besides representative, applicant can speak to the agent too. So I made a call to call centre by myself. And the agent from call centre told me that the document that was requested from the correspondence that sent out on Aug 21 has already been received by them. So we can ignore the email if we don't receive it.

So I guess all I can do for now is WAIT.