+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Maha123

Oct 5, 2017
In process could mean a bunch of things - Sponsor Eligibility, PA eligibility, Background Check etc. As long as Decision isn't made it will say In Process.

Your time frame also depends on mainly two factors: The VO (some are very busy like LVO and processing times are usually on average a bit longer than other VOs), and the nature of your specific case. If it is a straightforward case then processing should be within average time frame for that VO otherwise it can take longer. What's your VO?
What's does VO stands for soer

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hi, from the notes it looks like our file was never sent it been in that particular location. I'm unsure about what it actually means. I'm sorry but maybe someone else could clarify this bit.
Hi Oulrish or anyone else who can help, I have a question regarding PCC. I applied in April along with my PCC at same time. I know it is valid for only 6 months. In one week or so it will be 6 months. My file is currently at NDVO since June.

Do you guys know if i will need to get a new PCC or how does it work?

Thanks,

RJ

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Hi Oulrish or anyone else who can help, I have a question regarding PCC. I applied in April along with my PCC at same time. I know it is valid for only 6 months. In one week or so it will be 6 months. My file is currently at NDVO since June.

Do you guys know if i will need to get a new PCC or how does it work?

Thanks,

RJ
Hi Raj, by the sounds of it you never received a request to send it out. Did you send out the Schedule A?

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Hi everyone,

I am very happy today as my wife received her passport back with her visa and copr. I just can't wait to see her. Good luck to everyone as the day will come and the feeling is just second to none. :D:p;):):cool:

amarantine

Mar 9, 2017
Can someone tell me what this means? I was told that Mississauga was processing our PR. I'm just confused if this part of the regular process or if it means something more! BTW my husband applied from Buffalo, NY.:(
Dear XXXX:
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Your application has been transferred to the visa office in New York, NY, USA for further review of
your eligibility and admissibility for a permanent resident visa.
The Canadian visa office in New York will communicate with you via e-mail. The email you receive will
come from email addresses that end in “@international.gc.ca” or “@cic.gc.ca”. Please add these to
the “safe senders” list in your email program. You should also check your junk mail folder in your
email program and/or in your email website in case important emails get filtered into this folder.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Can someone tell me what this means? I was told that Mississauga was processing our PR. I'm just confused if this part of the regular process or if it means something more! BTW my husband applied from Buffalo, NY.:(
Dear XXXX:
Your application has been transferred to the visa office in New York, NY, USA for further review of
The Canadian visa office in New York will communicate with you via e-mail. The email you receive will
come from email addresses that end in “@international.gc.ca” or “@cic.gc.ca”. Please add these to
the “safe senders” list in your email program. You should also check your junk mail folder in your
email program and/or in your email website in case important emails get filtered into this folder.
So what we think is happening is due to Ottawa being swamped with US applicants and helping out other visa exempt country applicants, Mississauga is trying to help out in order to meet the new CIC commitment of processing applications within the new processing time of 12 months. A lot of applicants have seen this email, mostly US applicants, and some have even been granted PR out of Mississauga already. It's definitely a good thing :)

meenadr87

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Dear XXXX:
Hey,

The same thing happened to us and its nothing to worry about. Our VO was initially Ottawa but then our file was transferred to NY. NY VO is pretty quick so its a good thing :)

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017

amarantine

Mar 9, 2017
Hey,

The same thing happened to us and its nothing to worry about. Our VO was initially Ottawa but then our file was transferred to NY. NY VO is pretty quick so its a good thing :)
Thank you. I was freaking out for the last 10 minutes! I was just assuming it means they want an interview which is not a problem except for the cost of having to visit NY. I thought the process was coming to an end as there were no hiccups (other than the online account being broken).

Reactions: Oulrish

amarantine

Mar 9, 2017
So what we think is happening is due to Ottawa being swamped with US applicants and helping out other visa exempt country applicants, Mississauga is trying to help out in order to meet the new CIC commitment of processing applications within the new processing time of 12 months. A lot of applicants have seen this email, mostly US applicants, and some have even been granted PR out of Mississauga already. It's definitely a good thing :)
Thank you!!

Reactions: Oulrish