+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Has anyone forgotten to put Name and DOB on the back of the passport photos? I can't believe we forgot to do that and now I'm so worried our application will be returned
we forgot to as well, and we forgot to put my name under spouse on additional family form and our application was returned. When did you apply?

bitingbugz

May 8, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Med's Request
20-07-1989
Med's Done....
24-07-1989
Hello All,
It's good to be back at this form. three years back when I applied for my PR I got a lot of knowledge from this website and here I am back at it again asking more questions.

I got married and I have applied for my Wife's PR outland application thorough my consultant. Since I have applied through a consultant I cannot check my cic account and the messages in there because that will revoke the access from my consultant to do so.
However I can check my ECAS.

My ECAS shows "Decision Made" under Sponsor Application status but has only two lines :-
  1. We received your application to sponsor ************ on April 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 24, 2017.
Does that mean my Sponsor approval is done ? We did not receive any email for that

Under Permanent Resident Application status it shows "Application Received" and following two lines:-
  1. We received *************'s application for permanent residence on April 27, 2017.
  2. Medical results have been received.
We did receive a medical request in the end of July and did the medicals within a week's time.

I do not know what AOR, AOR2 and all those terms mean,
Can someone please help me understand what you make out of this information on my file and what should I expect next ?

Thanks in adance

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Hello All,
It's good to be back at this form. three years back when I applied for my PR I got a lot of knowledge from this website and here I am back at it again asking more questions.

I got married and I have applied for my Wife's PR outland application thorough my consultant. Since I have applied through a consultant I cannot check my cic account and the messages in there because that will revoke the access from my consultant to do so.

My ECAS shows "Decision Made" under Sponsor Application status but has only two lines :-
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 24, 2017.
Does that mean my Sponsor approval is done ? We did not receive any email for that

Under Permanent Resident Application status it shows "Application Received" and following two lines:-
  1. We received *************'s application for permanent residence on April 27, 2017.
We did receive a medical request in the end of July and did the medicals within a week's time.

Can someone please help me understand what you make out of this information on my file and what should I expect next ?

Thanks in adance
AOR is just acknowledgment of receipt. Did the Principal applicant receive request to submit PCC and Schedule A form? That is usually the next step after medical is received and passed. Follow up with your consultant.

bitingbugz

May 8, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Med's Request
20-07-1989
Med's Done....
24-07-1989
AOR is just acknowledgment of receipt. Did the Principal applicant receive request to submit PCC and Schedule A form? That is usually the next step after medical is received and passed. Follow up with your consultant.
I had submitted the PCC along with the application. Also the schedule A form was requested on Jun 5th and we have submitted that as well.

bitingbugz

May 8, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Med's Request
20-07-1989
Med's Done....
24-07-1989
Then it seems like you are waiting for Sponsor Approval and to be transferred to your VO.
Yes I guess so,
But when I login with Sponsor credentials in ECAS, It shows "Decision Made" under Sponsor Application status . I did not receive any Sponsor approval email. This was changed to Decision made almost a month and half back.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Yes I guess so,
But when I login with Sponsor credentials in ECAS, It shows "Decision Made" under Sponsor Application status . I did not receive any Sponsor approval email. This was changed to Decision made almost a month and half back.
If that is the case, I think the sponsor is approved, just a matter of updating and sending out an email to the sponsor. Bit of a backlog in Mississauga, hang in there. It sucks I know but hopefully good news very soon :)

Reactions: bitingbugz

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018
Hello All,

Thanks in adance

You will not get any of the emails such as acknowledgement of receipt emails, approvals, document requests as your consultant will get them. I see that you have access to ecas.

The only thing you can do is check your ecas.

It looks like you got Acknowledgement of receipt from Case processing centre in Mississauga(AOR), sponsor approval, Medicals done, and acknowledgement of receipt from your designated visa office ie New Delhi (AOR2).

Also, I see that you have submitted police certificate and schedule a form.

Now, the next step is for your background check turn into inprogress status. You cannot see this in ECAS. But your consultant will be able to see this in CIC Account.

Then, in ECAS, decision made (DM) status will be shown for PR application.

Your consultant should receive a passport request email when status changes to DM and I suppose he or she will let you know

The principal applicant should send them his or her Passport and get the stamping from High Commission of Canada.

Finally, landing in canada

P.s. If you are friends with your consultant and he has a separate Account for your application in my CIC, get the username and password from him and so you can check the status yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: bitingbugz

maq_33

Mar 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
BGC: 27-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
London sends AOR2 emails - we got one.
Are you sure it's from London and not Mississauga saying that the application has been forwarded to London? I did get an email from Mississauga saying that the application has been forwarded to LVO, but that's not an AOR2 email. AOR2 emails are sent from the local visa office (see the signature on the email).

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
FYI

1. When the application gets transferred to the VO, the following changes happen:

• GC Key My CIC Account: The additional files that are uploaded may change into "Being Reviewed".
  • ECAS: Any new sentence added?? We started processing your application on MMM DD, YYYY.
  • Will the Principal Applicant get an email? Yes
Dear Paran,

Thanks for elaborative response... I see myself on point 1 at the moment and that too

1) "No change on CIC"
2) The status has been changed to (In Process) and the 3rd line has been added in the ECAS.
3) My sponsor received an email from Mississauga office for transfer and i haven't received anything.

I am hoping that they get active to respond applicants :(

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
3) There's no specific amount of time, sometimes it takes a few minutes (since they sometimes don't update when they actually start) and sometimes it can take months. Part of the background checks are done by a third party (not Canadian gov) so they don't have a fixed time.
I am hoping that they expedite the checks :(

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Yes I guess so,
Hi,

If sponsor ECAS says Decision Made that basically for you that you are eligible to sponsor your wife (you should receive - Application of Receipt AOR1 ).. Where as your Wife(PA) if it says Application received you have long way to go as her ecas should show (In process (i.e. AOR2) --> file transferred update --> Background Check --> Decision Made)

I am saying this as my file has been changed to In process :)

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Are you sure it's from London and not Mississauga saying that the application has been forwarded to London? I did get an email from Mississauga saying that the application has been forwarded to LVO, but that's not an AOR2 email. AOR2 emails are sent from the local visa office (see the signature on the email).
I dint get any email from them. My ecas just showed change of status.. My sponsor received an email from Mississauga office that PA file is transferred to London. After 4 days, the new line has been added in ECAS that we started processing ur application and thats it... no letter from LVO.

Reactions: Kinza_Bee

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
@Kinza_Bee

Kinza, I noticed on your signature that your file has been started to process on 31st May, Don't you have any further communication after that?