+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

outbound_april18

May 18, 2017
April 13th, 2017 applicant here. The "Background check" on GCKey just updated to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." today which is weird, because there was no AOR2 and it still says "Application Received" on ECAS.
Hello, our GCkey is somehow not showing any application status... it just shows that big table of what each status means. Am I looking at a wrong place? Where do you see application status on GCkey?

Reactions: xohaib.shah

xohaib.shah

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hello, our GCkey is somehow not showing any application status... it just shows that big table of what each status means. Am I looking at a wrong place? Where do you see application status on GCkey?
Hi, I used to think the same for the longest time but trust me that is pertinent to you and your case. they use generic wording but what ever it says under each section, its pertinent to your case. Hope this helps

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
Hey everyone, I just noticed that the same email requesting pcc had also indicated the below paragraph...

"We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office."

...so is this email also AOR2???

maq_33

Mar 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
BGC: 27-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017

A330

Jul 19, 2017
No. UCI is only issued when the forms are complete and processing begins in Mississauga, and an AOR is sent to the sponsor.
Well we were given a uci number when the package came home.
Maybe its a new way of doing things at cic now?

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Well we were given a uci number when the package came home.
Maybe its a new way of doing things at cic now?
That is very strange indeed. Then maybe the PA UCI number is issued when processing begins. Our package also came back in March and we weren't even issued a file number. Could definitely be one of the many reforms to the process.

maq_33

Mar 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
BGC: 27-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
My ECAS status just updated to "In Process" today, GCKey showed background check started on the 27th. Not sure if this is a delay or if they actually just sent the application to LVO.

jmsd2017

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
My ECAS status just updated to "In Process" today, GCKey showed background check started on the 27th. Not sure if this is a delay or if they actually just sent the application to LVO.
congratz, yeah they started before and takes some time to update

A330

Jul 19, 2017
That is very strange indeed. Then maybe the PA UCI number is issued when processing begins. Our package also came back in March and we weren't even issued a file number. Could definitely be one of the many reforms to the process.
I dont want to give misinformation, so to clearfiy.

That uci number, according to a cic call centre agent, is a temp number.what ever that means cause when I called in on friday arnd 330pm, the agent sounded pretty irritated. Didnt want to poke the bear so I left it alone. The day I resent the package, I left canada to come see my wife. So havent been able to follow through.

If any one has any ideas about temp uci numbers, please share

Reactions: Kinza_Bee

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
I dont want to give misinformation, so to clearfiy.

That uci number, according to a cic call centre agent, is a temp number.what ever that means cause when I called in on friday arnd 330pm, the agent sounded pretty irritated. Didnt want to poke the bear so I left it alone. The day I resent the package, I left canada to come see my wife. So havent been able to follow through.

If any one has any ideas about temp uci numbers, please share
Thanks. Learning something new everyday :)

xohaib.shah

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Regardless. feel lucky to be going through the last step in the process. :)