+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hi - So, we just received AOR2 from the New Delhi VO office. It mentions the following:
Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country

When uploading our PCC we were only asked to upload the PCC for the country the applicant has spent most of her life in. She worked in UK for an year as well. We were wondering whether to send the UK PCC or not?

If yes, where do we send it, no address is mentioned in the email.
Hi Everyone, could someone help with this query? Does this need to be uploaded through IRCC?

vikkumar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
AOR Received.
04/05/2017
File Transfer...
20/06/2017
Med's Request
10/05/2017
Med's Done....
17/05/2017
I received the email from CIC stating that they have transferred our application to the New Delhi VO. Hoping to get AOR 2 in the next day or two and hopefully the visa very soon!

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017

vikkumar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
AOR Received.
04/05/2017
File Transfer...
20/06/2017
Med's Request
10/05/2017
Med's Done....
17/05/2017
Has anyone looked into applying for a tourist visa after the file transfers to the specified visa office? I was looking back at February and March spreadsheets and a lot of people still haven't received a passport request, which means that it still takes a long time after the application gets transferred. Anyone considered applying for a tourist visa in the meantime to bring their spouses here quicker while the application continues to process?

Reactions: Sandhukang

prakruti

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am preparing my spousal sponsorship package Outland.
With the new checklist that has come out, it has been asked to provide a max of 10 pages and a Reminder is put in, that all documents has to be translated to either English or French.

Now my question is I have more than an year of chat history between me and my sponsor and that too in our native language, if I translate it to English then it comes to be somewhere around 300 pages & i have additional 50 pages of call details. Can somebody tell me how I can provide these details?

mahirasef

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Toronto,ON
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Doc's Request.
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Med's Request
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2017
Interview........
March 04,2018
Passport Req..
March 22,2018
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hi Guys,

With the new checklist that has come out, it has been asked to provide a max of 10 pages and a Reminder is put in, that all documents has to be translated to either English or French.

Now my question is I have more than an year of chat history between me and my sponsor and that too in our native language, if I translate it to English then it comes to be somewhere around 300 pages & i have additional 50 pages of call details. Can somebody tell me how I can provide these details?
You don't have to translate your chat history, just provide whatever you have & try to show history with dates like viber, whasapp etc shows when it was sent etc. I didn't translate my chat history & they accepted it

mahirasef

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Toronto,ON
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Doc's Request.
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Med's Request
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2017
Interview........
March 04,2018
Passport Req..
March 22,2018
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
My wife got this email today, can some1 tell what it is? We already recived AOR1,SA & ecas showed for my wife "in process"(9days ago). She hasn't got medical yet

UCI: ******
Application No.: ********
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear ABC,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/04/19.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers

We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore 901645
www.singapore.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

mcroze

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
My wife got this email today, can some1 tell what it is? We already recived AOR1,SA & ecas showed for my wife "in process"(9days ago). She hasn't got medical yet

UCI: ******
Application No.: ********
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear ABC,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/04/19.

We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore 901645
www.singapore.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
Looks like an AOR2 since it is from Singapore VO. Congrats!

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Has anyone looked into applying for a tourist visa after the file transfers to the specified visa office? I was looking back at February and March spreadsheets and a lot of people still haven't received a passport request, which means that it still takes a long time after the application gets transferred. Anyone considered applying for a tourist visa in the meantime to bring their spouses here quicker while the application continues to process?
You can try but rarely they issue visitor visa to spouse, since her ties to you are stronger than back home.

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Hi Guys,

10 pages back-to-back print make it 20 pages. Out of 20 keep 5 for chat (Skype), 5 email, rest 10 for different forms of communication like whatsapp, imessage etc. select chat from different times to show that you are communicating since long. Note: Do not copy paste to word instead take screen shots and paste them on word for color print.

prakruti

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
10 pages back-to-back print make it 20 pages. Out of 20 keep 5 for chat (Skype), 5 email, rest 10 for different forms of communication like whatsapp, imessage etc. select chat from different times to show that you are communicating since long. Note: Do not copy paste to word instead take screen shots and paste them on word for color print.
hi Steller,
Thanks for replying,
In the New checklist that has come out on June-13, In Proof Of Contact (such as chat, email, call logs) between PA and SPONSOR : They have put this Reminder that all documents provided has to be translated in English/French.

My worry is even if I select only 10 pages then with translation it is going to be 4 times as while pasting screenshot on word I can paste nearly 12 snapshots but with translation it is hardly 3.

steller

Mar 2, 2015
hi Steller,
Thanks for replying,
In the New checklist that has come out on June-13, In Proof Of Contact (such as chat, email, call logs) between PA and SPONSOR : They have put this Reminder that all documents provided has to be translated in English/French.

My worry is even if I select only 10 pages then with translation it is going to be 4 times as while pasting screenshot on word I can paste nearly 12 snapshots but with translation it is hardly 3.
Well what you can do is to exclude the translated version from the count. First page back-to-back of original chat should be followed by back-to-back translated version and so on. Mention on translated version the original chat page no. you are referring to. On one sheet you can paste 4 screen shots on both sides, each with different date. For mobile screenshots of whatsapp or imessage you can paste 8 screen shots on one sheet both sides.

Last edited: