+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Arshad_1993

May 20, 2017
Ive been following this thread for a while since got married in 2014.. Finally submitted my application today...

I work in the same building as the case processing office in mississauga so I packaged everything and took it to the 3rd floor only for them to tell me they do not accept applications from the public I have to mail or courier it to them. So I had to walk in the rain across the street to request purolator service back to the very same building I work just so happened that the purolator delivery man was there for pick up and he waited for my package while we all laughted at how silly it was seeing that I work in the same building..

anyways I paid the $20 delivery to have to shipped on next day service so its just the waiting game from here.

Fingers cross I did everything correctly and submitted all required documents and they are all sufficient hope to have hubby here in 6months.
hi yhet

Kuleng24

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi All -

I just received an email from CIC:
UCI: <UCI>
Application No.: <APPL NO>
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear <SPONSOR>,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/04/26 on behalf of the following member(s):

<PRINCIPAL APPLICANT>

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I have a few questions:

1) Is this AOR1?
2) Do we have to link the application now? Where can i find the link to do so?
3) Will there be an email to the Principal applicant as well?
4) What are the next steps?

Thanks in Advance.
1. Yes, this is aor1 for the sponsor
2. Yes u can link the application now. U can find it here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
3. Yes there will be 2 emails to the principal applicant. 1 is to acknowledge his/her application that has been received and another one giving instructions on how to link the application online
4. Next step is to wait for sponsorship eligibility/approval that usually takes 3-10 working days.

Note: these answers are based from my experience and those who have shared theirs on this forum but this may vary depending on application case.
Good luck!

Kuleng24

Star Member
May 12, 2017
My Sponsorship Application Status has changed from processing to decision made. What does that mean? I have filled my application in April 18, 2017 and got AOR on May 18, 2017.
We're on the same boat. App received at their office on april 26,2017 and PA got AOR on may 19,2017. Sponsor hasn't received any AOR but in his CAS, it says:
App received
Correspondence sent
Sponsorship status: in process then decision made.
Still until now, no email or anything.
Any luck on receiving your sponsorship approval email yet?
Thanks.

Last edited:

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
1. Yes, this is aor1 for the sponsor
2. Yes u can link the application now. U can find it here:
3. Yes there will be 2 emails to the principal applicant. 1 is to acknowledge his/her application that has been received and another one giving instructions on how to link the application online
4. Next step is to wait for sponsorship eligibility/approval that usually takes 3-10 working days.

Note: these answers are based from my experience and those who have shared theirs on this forum but this may vary depending on application case.
Good luck!
Thanks so much for your reply.

Sorry if i sound Naive, for linking the application, is GCKey something we need to generate or is it something that CIC would provide? Should we wait until the PA gets the email to link the application?

When do the 2 emails come to PA, my wife hasn't received any.

Last edited:

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
u heard any thing from CIC .abt your application??
no

Thanks so much for your reply.

Sorry if i sound Naive, for linking the application, is GCKey something we need to generate or is it something that CIC would provide? Should we wait until the PA gets the email to link the application?

When do the 2 emails come to PA, my wife hasn't received any.
you can create your online account and GCKey here:

jpanda

Apr 11, 2017
Is it unusual that we have not received a medical request now that we have AOR1 and SA?? I'm sponsoring my kiwi wife(NZ). I am noticing that most people here have done their meds days after SA.

openskies

Oct 31, 2010
Congrats!!! ;) You're very welcome.
Hello Oulrish,
My spouse, received an email to link the application and we were able to successfully link it today. In the meanwhile, should I request my spouse to proceed with requesting PCC from authorities? I understand we will have it available, once it's requested.

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Hello Oulrish,
My spouse, received an email to link the application and we were able to successfully link it today. In the meanwhile, should I request my spouse to proceed with requesting PCC from authorities? I understand we will have it available, once it's requested.
Hi openskies,

I would definitely suggest applying for the PCC. Hopefully it can be processed soon and you have it ready for when it's requested.

Katengko

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
April 20 2017
Doc's Request.
June 8 2017
AOR Received.
May 15 2017
File Transfer...
August 3 2017
Med's Request
July 28 2017
Med's Done....
August 14 2017
Hi All -

I just received an email from CIC:
UCI: <UCI>
Application No.: <APPL NO>
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear <SPONSOR>,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/04/26 on behalf of the following member(s):

<PRINCIPAL APPLICANT>

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I have a few questions:

1) Is this AOR1?
2) Do we have to link the application now? Where can i find the link to do so?
3) Will there be an email to the Principal applicant as well?
4) What are the next steps?

Thanks in Advance.
Yes, congrats

Katengko

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
April 20 2017
Doc's Request.
June 8 2017
AOR Received.
May 15 2017
File Transfer...
August 3 2017
Med's Request
July 28 2017
Med's Done....
August 14 2017
Is it unusual that we have not received a medical request now that we have AOR1 and SA?? I'm sponsoring my kiwi wife(NZ). I am noticing that most people here have done their meds days after SA.
Hi when did you received your aor?

hm28

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
XX-XX-XXXX
VISA ISSUED...
XX-XX-XXXX
LANDED..........
XX-XX-XXXX
Hello everyone, just wondering how you guys got into your CAS because its not letting me for some reason. I linked my application to mycic though. Please help! Thank you in advance!!!!

Katengko

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
April 20 2017
Doc's Request.
June 8 2017
AOR Received.
May 15 2017
File Transfer...
August 3 2017
Med's Request
July 28 2017
Med's Done....
August 14 2017
Hello everyone, just wondering how you guys got into your CAS because its not letting me for some reason. I linked my application to mycic though. Please help! Thank you in advance!!!!
Just type in google client application status then click and answer all the question, thats what im doing

hm28

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
XX-XX-XXXX
VISA ISSUED...
XX-XX-XXXX
LANDED..........
XX-XX-XXXX
Just type in google client application status then click and answer all the question, thats what im doing
Thank you for answering Katengko, but i did that, answered all the questions (same to whats on the application) and its saying "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:..." So i was just wondering if there is a "magic" formula like when linking the application to mycic. haha.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
It's the 2100 number given online . They are closed I talked to them on Friday
I sent pcc and schedule A via webform and mailed it as well to pcc Mississauga.
Hey, did you mailed the original copies of Schedule A and PCC or photocopy?