+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

DRSAl123

May 19, 2017
Hello,
I will be getting married to my boyfriend outside the country but do not want to tell my family (it is a cultural thing more than anything and yes I'm being a coward) but only my friends will know. I don't want to tell my family until he is here. DO u think I will have issues if my family doesn't know? We are totally in love but I do not want to face them until he is here.

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hi -

My application was sent on the 22nd April but Stupid Canada Post can't confirm if it was delivered to them or not. Anyways, i am hoping for the best and if i get my AOR in the next few days, what are the next steps? Would really appreciate if If someone can put the next steps in order.

We have to get PCC for my wife from UK and India, so was wondering if there are timelines as to how many days we have to submit the PCC once we receive the AOR. We are waiting for the AOR before starting the PCC.

rsmathew

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
File Transfer...
L
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi -

My application was sent on the 22nd April but Stupid Canada Post can't confirm if it was delivered to them or not. Anyways, i am hoping for the best and if i get my AOR in the next few days, what are the next steps? Would really appreciate if If someone can put the next steps in order.

We have to get PCC for my wife from UK and India, so was wondering if there are timelines as to how many days we have to submit the PCC once we receive the AOR. We are waiting for the AOR before starting the PCC.
Hi SG33

Did you opt for the SMS facility available by CIC when you opt for the application (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/text-pilot.asp)? This can assist you in keeping track when the mailroom received your package. Multiple people have mentioned in the forum that sometimes its a day later, that you receive the text message.
In the coming days, you should be getting your AOR1 with the application file number. Then in a few days (usually 3-10 days), as noted by application processing since Feb 2017 you should get SA and request to submit PCC and Sched A. I would recommend that you get your wife's PCC (UK and India) asap, since you have 30 days to submit the requested documents. Around the same time, you should also get your request for Medical as well, on.

Hope this helps.
I have attached a copy of AOR1 along with this April 2017 tracking sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kmGyZwXM7ehr7BxkucTyrY2DKST_XcC1yauhpAESnpk/edit#gid=0

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
Hello,
I will be getting married to my boyfriend outside the country but do not want to tell my family (it is a cultural thing more than anything and yes I'm being a coward) but only my friends will know. I don't want to tell my family until he is here. DO u think I will have issues if my family doesn't know? We are totally in love but I do not want to face them until he is here.
Yikes might be a tough one unless you have some real good proof maybe on social media posted or something ? pics of honeymoon tickets for travel together etc ? or maybe the person who gets your file will be ok, but you are saying you will get married, so you have not even initiated the process? you could ask your bf to try for travel visa first and see if you guys can marry in canada itself ?

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hi SG33

Did you opt for the SMS facility available by CIC when you opt for the application (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/text-pilot.asp)? This can assist you in keeping track when the mailroom received your package. Multiple people have mentioned in the forum that sometimes its a day later, that you receive the text message.
In the coming days, you should be getting your AOR1 with the application file number. Then in a few days (usually 3-10 days), as noted by application processing since Feb 2017 you should get SA and request to submit PCC and Sched A. I would recommend that you get your wife's PCC (UK and India) asap, since you have 30 days to submit the requested documents. Around the same time, you should also get your request for Medical as well, on.

Hope this helps.
I have attached a copy of AOR1 along with this April 2017 tracking sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kmGyZwXM7ehr7BxkucTyrY2DKST_XcC1yauhpAESnpk/edit#gid=0
Thanks so much for you reply.

We didn't opt for the SMS facility.

Yes we were thinking about getting the PCC but some members on the forums suggested to wait until we get the AOR. But since we require PCC from two countries, i think we should get started a little sooner than later. We will go for the express options in order to get it done asap even though this would mean a little extra cost.

How long is the PCC valid for?

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
that depends on the country to be frank, usually most places its valid for 6 months only. And most pcc require some sort of letter request for getting the pcc done.

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hi - A question on PCC.

My wife is here on a Visitor visa and we want to get the PCC done. She is an Indian Citizen. Because we want to get the PCC done asap because of the 30 days restriction after the SA, we were wondering what is the best way to get the PCC done? Does anyone has any experience applying through the consulate or if there is anyway to apply for an express/emergency PCC?

Sandhukang

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
April 18
AOR Received.
May 18
File Transfer...
June 19
Question plz!
I jus recieved my AOR1 on May 18 (app recieved by CIC on APRIL 18).... all it says is that they have recieved my application. What's next? Do I link my application now? If ya, do I do it via GCKEY or ICSS...and I see some ppl have acc with ECAS. When do I make that? Or do I have to wait for SA email before I link? Plz let me know :) thanks

airon06

Apr 13, 2017
Visa Office......
Manila
Received an email from IRCC that our application has been Forwarded to the MVO for further processing. What does it mean?

Noorananzh

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Received an email from IRCC that our application has been Forwarded to the MVO for further processing. What does it mean?
I called cic today and they told me that they returned my application but they refused to tell me why . She said that it doesn't say why. My question is usually they say why the application get returned or not? And how long it takes to get it back?

airon06

Apr 13, 2017
Visa Office......
Manila
I called cic today and they told me that they returned my application but they refused to tell me why . She said that it doesn't say why. My question is usually they say why the application get returned or not? And how long it takes to get it back?
Maybe they highlighted what was wrong?

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
when I called the Agent told me what was highlighted and told me it was return May 12. I received the package May 18.

Reactions: Noorananzh

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
im waiting for AOR, too, mine was received on April 19th... nothing comes yet !!! called CIC yesterday and the agent told me they were still dealing with April 11th applicants and there is nothing about my application in the system yet...
I am april 20th applicant !!! The agent i talked to yesterday told me they are working on april 19th