+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

iFox

Apr 22, 2017
Hello,

Joining this thread as well (sponsoring a spouse, application (150 pages OMG) sent on Apr 21 with guaranteed delivery by EOD Apr 24th). Fingers crossed:) best of luck to all of us!

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
MrsTanner28 said:
I sent off the package on April 20 and heard back on the 21 it was opened by the family sponsorship team. Question my husband is in the states and submitting his paperwork for the FBI report. On their website it told us it can take 3 months! Is this actually true? I just read on here some people only had to wait 3-5 business days? (He has no rap sheet)
If your husband is a US citizen he can go through an approved channeler and get his FBI summary request back in no time. Some have gotten their results back in less than 24 hours.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/list-of-fbi-approved-channelers-for-departmental-order-submissions

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
Is there anyone same timeline with me April 5th received? Because April 3rd and 4th received their AOR and yet i havent received mine.... so worried

gbatista

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Santo Domingo
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/16/2014
Nomination.....
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
05/08/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
04/17/2015
Med's Request
05/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/18/2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
06/08/2015
Hey!!

Im ready to send the application for my husband next week, i only have a question.
Since we just got married on feb 2017, and we need to submit chats, emails, and all that, DO I NEED TO TRANSLATE THAT?
I mean all our whatasapp conversations and emails , and social media comments are in spanish.

What we did we took print screens of conversations starting march 2016, theres a looooot of translation going on if i need to :eek: :eek:.

Please advice, thank you!

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
ness12 said:
Is there anyone same timeline with me April 5th received? Because April 3rd and 4th received their AOR and yet i havent received mine.... so worried
mine was received april 4...no AOR yet

maq_33

Mar 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
BGC: 27-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
ness12 said:
That's normal, they don't go in order because they have more than one person working and have multiple piles because of that.

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
maq_33 said:
That's normal, they don't go in order because they have more than one person working and have multiple piles because of that.
Thank you. Hoping to received good news next week!! AOR please pour to us April applicant

Punkpwinx

Aug 1, 2016
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 April 2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting for the day she will be with me forever
And our parents don't know about our marriage

I read in a thread that it is a negative impact on them if parents don't know about marriage or they are against you being together
What are the chances of getting approval?

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
Punkpwinx said:
And our parents don't know about our marriage

I read in a thread that it is a negative impact on them if parents don't know about marriage or they are against you being together
What are the chances of getting approval?
I believe as long as you are in a legal age to get married you have nothing to worry if everyone is against to your marriage. U just have to get a strong prof that your marriage is legal and not arrange marriage

KS applicant

Apr 22, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I am in the middle of aplication package. I got married in New Delhi in Jan-2017 . I live in canada and my wife live with my parents in New Delhi.
Could anyone please suggest: as per checklist last page: Do i need to submit all the 6 below or any three below? and which three sets are they pointing out?

One (1) document from three (3) of the following sets of options:
. Joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreements listing both the sponsor and the principal
applicant; (Minimum 1 document).
. Proof of joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone); (Minimum 1 document).[/b][/b]
. Important documents for you and your sponsor showing the same address, such as copies of Government issued identification
documents: driver's licenses, insurance policies, etc.
. Important documents for you or your sponsor showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or
insurance benefits). (Minimum 1 document).[/b]
. Documentary evidence of financial support between your sponsor and yourself.
. Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters, social media information showing a
public relationship, etc.)

umeusm

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
NOT YET
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
NOT YET
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
File Transfer...
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
Interview........
NOT YET
Passport Req..
19-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
When God wills it
CPA2CANADA said:
Received today by David. Let us keep our fingers crossed :)
Good Luck mate

raj99

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10 april 2017 & 25-05-2017
Doc's Request.
15 july 2017
AOR Received.
June 24,2017
IELTS Request
--------
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
June 29, 2017
Med's Done....
Med passed- July 10, 2017
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
dm and ppr 28th march
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
-
KS applicant said:
Hello Everyone,
I am in the middle of aplication package. I got married in New Delhi in Jan-2017 . I live in canada and my wife live with my parents in New Delhi.
Could anyone please suggest: as per checklist last page: Do i need to submit all the 6 below or any three below? and which three sets are they pointing out?

. Joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreements listing both the sponsor and the principal
. Proof of joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone); (Minimum 1 document).[/b][/b]
. Important documents for you and your sponsor showing the same address, such as copies of Government issued identification
. Important documents for you or your sponsor showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or
. Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters, social media information showing a
Just send her adhar card copy and driving licence copy. Any social media posts showing you both are married (screenshot copy)marriage certificate etc. Most of requirements above is for people applying inland.

harulion

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
19-06-2017
viva-c said:
With all due respect, I really don't think these things were easy to avoid. You might know about these things from reading this forum (which I do too, but only after submitting my application) but neither item is addressed in any of the checklists or guides. Obviously I know now how to fix both issues, but people get their applications sent back for these reasons every day. These are the most common mistakes because there is no instruction given in regards to either. 2015 is the most recent taxation year until April 30th.
You are absolutely right about the lack of instructions.

Even when my application was returned, they simply highlighted sections on the checklist but they did't really mention what was wrong with it. I had submitted by package in March containing my 2015 NOA. But under section 5 of the check list (Employment/Source of Support) they had simply highlighted "Notice of Assessment" and "personal tax information".

As such I'm not really sure if its because the the NOA is outdated or because I need to send additional personal tax information (and what kind of personal information)?

So now I'm giving them my 2016 NOA and my Option C form. The person checking these forms should at least take a minute to write down what was wrong (not just highlight).

harulion

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
19-06-2017
KS applicant said:
Hello Everyone,

From the 6 points/options, you will need to choose 3 and submit one document for each of the 3 that you have selected.

For example: 1 document for Joint Ownership + 1 document for Proof of joint utilities + 1 document for proof of financial support.

flutra

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
SaoirseB said:
Application Outland arrived 20th April ... third time lucky
Hello, sorry can I ask you why is your third time! You weren't approved before!
Thank because I am in the same situation!