***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

asdfhk

May 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
07/04/2017
AOR Received.
11/05/2017
I am sponsoring my wife. I got the sponsorship approval email on May 12 stating that a request for Schedule A will be sent to PA within 5 business days. We never got that request, so we submitted it via webform. Should we also mail the Schedule A to CIC directly?

Also, does anybody know when we are supposed to get the medical request? We are trying for a baby and definitely want to get the medicals done before that happens..

Application Received: April 7 2017
AOR1: May 11, 2017
SA: May 12, 2017

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
I am sponsoring my wife. I got the sponsorship approval email on May 12 stating that a request for Schedule A will be sent to PA within 5 business days. We never got that request, so we submitted it via webform. Should we also mail the Schedule A to CIC directly?

Also, does anybody know when we are supposed to get the medical request? We are trying for a baby and definitely want to get the medicals done before that happens..

Application Received: April 7 2017
AOR1: May 11, 2017
SA: May 12, 2017
Hey there,
I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to wait for the medical request to get your medical done. You will have to provide the medical place with your application # so that they can send it along. As long as you have the number to give them, I think you'll be OK... can anyone who has already done their medical confirm? (I did mine upfront, last year, before they changed it.)

steller

Mar 2, 2015
you can

i submitted mine through tech support as suggested by CIC staff i spoke with over the phone as I dont have an upload option in addition to sending them via IRCC web form.

I will also send them via mail as well once I received the signed form and PCC from my wife which should be delivered on tuesday
Hi, Please inform the address to send Schedule-A and PCC through courier. Thanks

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey there,
I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to wait for the medical request to get your medical done. You will have to provide the medical place with your application # so that they can send it along. As long as you have the number to give them, I think you'll be OK... can anyone who has already done their medical confirm? (I did mine upfront, last year, before they changed it.)
You can't do medical upfront anymore, you have to wait for the request and the documents they send you :)

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
You can't do medical upfront anymore, you have to wait for the request and the documents they send you :)
Ah, ok, thanks! I knew you couldn't do it up-front anymore, but I figured you could do it once your application was filed. Didn't realize you had to wait for the request. That's annoying!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Ah, ok, thanks! I knew you couldn't do it up-front anymore, but I figured you could do it once your application was filed. Didn't realize you had to wait for the request. That's annoying!
Yeah, now they give you a special letter and documentation for the doctor only. If you don't have it they won't see you :(

asdfhk

May 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
07/04/2017
AOR Received.
11/05/2017
Yeah, now they give you a special letter and documentation for the doctor only. If you don't have it they won't see you :(
Thanks viva-c and kcward7 for the info... do either of you know roughly when we can expect the medical request given our timeline?

MrsTanner28

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
AOR1 - May 19th.
Application received on April 25

So happy! I now have a question and some advice.

MY QUESTION: I am the sponsor AND representative. The AOR email was sent to me but addressed to my common-law partner. I created a MyCIC account in MY name but I am wondering if I am also supposed to create a MyCIC account in my common-law partner's (Principal Applicant's) name as well?

When I log on to MyCIC it says no message and medicals etc not required and says currently reviewing eligibility and awaiting final decision. I am guessing I should make an account also in Principal Applicant's name even though I am the representative??? Advice would be greatly appreciated. Can I make another account in her name even though I made my own account with a bank account in my name?? I would need to use the same bank account for my common-law partner...

MY ADVICE:

For anyone having troubles linking their application, this is the method I used (I found this method on this forum) and it worked the first time:

Someone posted this and it is what I used:

"Try this combination :

Application # : xxxxxxxxxx
family name : PRINCIPAL APPLICANT LAST NAME (all caps)

Do not put anything in Passport field

Just a space in city of birth

Province : same as what you put in application
City : same as what you put in application
Marital status : married
# of family members : if no childfren, put 2 (that will be sponsor and principal applicant)"

Except I did not use all caps for family name and for marital status I put common-law instead of married. Worked smoothly the first time! Thanks whoever wrote this advice!

Good luck everyone!

I've tried all of this and still can't do anything. I got my AOR on the May 19. :(

I've sent an email for technical issues, but haven't heard back and I can't get through on the phone.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks viva-c and kcward7 for the info... do either of you know roughly when we can expect the medical request given our timeline?
We got our med request on Mar 29 (AOR Mar 14 and SA Mar 28, for context). Our med request came with our police check requests

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hi all,

I was able to connect my file to the account. I had to skip all the passport info, only then I was able to connect it. This trick worked for me. Now I am waiting on any further message from CIC.

Admin can you please update timeline on the spreadsheet or authorize me to edit it in there.

Application Sent- 18 April
Application Received- 19 April
AOR 1- 20 May
Online account Linked- 23 May

Thanks

R.G

obee

Jul 16, 2016
I have the same Schedule A issue - sponsor approved and got letter saying schedule A request will be made within 5 days, 10 days since that email still no schedule A request.

A number of people here mentioned calling CIC and asking if we should go ahead and submit schedule A using the webform. Is there a way to call CIC for applicants from the US? The call center number given on the website seems to only work from inside Canada?

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
I have the same Schedule A issue - sponsor approved and got letter saying schedule A request will be made within 5 days, 10 days since that email still no schedule A request.

A number of people here mentioned calling CIC and asking if we should go ahead and submit schedule A using the webform. Is there a way to call CIC for applicants from the US? The call center number given on the website seems to only work from inside Canada?
Unfortunately you can only call from a Canadian phone number. I haven't tried calling from a Canadian number outside of Canada, but I do know that calling from my US number within Canada did not work. I had to call using a Canadian number, inside Canada.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

we mailed ours

asdfhk

May 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
07/04/2017
AOR Received.
11/05/2017
We got our med request on Mar 29 (AOR Mar 14 and SA Mar 28, for context). Our med request came with our police check requests
Thanks. Did you get the police check request and schedule A request at the same time? Were you able to see it in MyCIC? We got the SA on May 12 so it's been nearly two weeks.