+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Ritu1414

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
For Singapore VO it seems at least 2 months after AOR for medical. Look at my timeline in my signature. I believe I got the medical request earlier than most applicants in Singapore VO. So you can expect the duration to be at least 2-3 months+
To order GCMS note you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada. AS you will be making it on behalf of your spouse, you must include the Consent for an Access to Information and Personal Information Request form.
Here is the link to apply for it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
We have legal Representative for our application,so is it possible to apply GCMS Notes by myself for my spouse! or I should apply through lawyer!
Also while I have tried to fill up IMM5744 for GCMS notes , I coudn't understand the point "Designated Individual's contact information".
Please help me.

Last edited:

kmdsingh1

Jul 1, 2017
*Unexpected Delays in Sponsor approval* Pls reply if anyone has similar case earlier**
I have one question on my Spousal Sponsorship application..... I am worried that my Sponsor approval has not yet granted as per ECAS and GCKEY even after 2 and half month of Application received date .....
Has anyone in this group faced similar incident on their application?

for your information my
App recieved date is - 18th aug
AOR1 - 29th sep 2017 ,
PCC and SCH A req is - 10th OCT 2017 ....
after which there is no update on my application in GCKEY and ECAS system.

I called IRCC ...they dont have any information ...says it is inprogress and too early to en quire on this

we also approached MP immigration officer....bt they were rude and unwelcoming.....they just just we have called the CIC and they said it s in progress

kindly reply if anyone in this group has faced similar issues previously

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
We have legal Representative for our application,so is it possible to apply GCMS Notes by myself for my spouse! or I should apply through lawyer!
Also while I have tried to fill up IMM5744 for GCMS notes , I coudn't understand the point "Designated Individual's contact information".
Please help me.
I am not sure whether you can order GCMS note or not if you have a legal representative!
I would appreciate if anyone else has any idea about it and shed some light!

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Please help me.
It should be your information as a designated individual to receive the info!

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
I am not sure whether you can order GCMS note or not if you have a legal representative!
I would appreciate if anyone else has any idea about it and shed some light!
To my understanding you can order it even if you have a representative as you are taking consent(i.e. signature) from the principal applicant in the form to release it to you.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
thank you for your input. will be ordering gcms notes now as its been past a month post aor2,, i guess the one i ordered before was a mistake as we made a written consent and didnt know about the form that supposed to be filled out
they don't generate the notes right away. Usually 2 weeks is the earliest they might generate them, but closer to around 3 weeks past the ordering date, so you can gage when to order them. As I said, don't be disappointed if you see not much action happening with your app. I use it as a point of comparison, because I knew that we were in for the long haul with our app.

M.steele

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
*Unexpected Delays in Sponsor approval* Pls reply if anyone has similar case earlier**
I have one question on my Spousal Sponsorship application..... I am worried that my Sponsor approval has not yet granted as per ECAS and GCKEY even after 2 and half month of Application received date .....
Has anyone in this group faced similar incident on their application?

for your information my
App recieved date is - 18th aug
AOR1 - 29th sep 2017 ,
PCC and SCH A req is - 10th OCT 2017 ....
after which there is no update on my application in GCKEY and ECAS system.

I called IRCC ...they dont have any information ...says it is inprogress and too early to en quire on this

we also approached MP immigration officer....bt they wer
rude and unwelcoming.....they just just we have called the CIC and they said it s in progress

kindly reply if anyone in this group has faced similar issues previously
Your application has processed pretty quickly. I think you are worrying over nothing. There were many people who waited more than 2 months including me to get the medical request. Don't worry so much they are working on your application as you can see they already requested your police cert and Schedule A. When did you send these into them?

Applications are normally processed in 12 months or less. You have to be patient. Also you submitted your application in August, I would suggest looking at the August thread as this is the one for April applicants.

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
File Transfer...
18-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08/03/2018
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2018
LANDED..........
27/05/2018
Reactions: mmahedihasan

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
they don't generate the notes right away. Usually 2 weeks is the earliest they might generate them, but closer to around 3 weeks past the ordering date, so you can gage when to order them. As I said, don't be disappointed if you see not much action happening with your app. I use it as a point of comparison, because I knew that we were in for the long haul with our app.
mine were genereated on the same day I submitted the request...which irks me cuz I didnt get them until a month later