***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Lukeezekiel

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
Okay thank you! Because in the email they said that i must one send once bcos if I'll send multiple times it will cause delay. Maybe it's ok just to send it via gckey and email just to be sure

Reactions: Kuleng24

Myrelnp

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi Guys,
Quick q's. Is linking the application mandatory? can they communicate with email if needed? It's absolute nightmare for last 5 days that I have tried to link my application. Finally got hold off CIC agent and he says be patient it may take a while as he does not have any reason why I cannot link my application at this moment. And he says linking is not mandatory as they could still communicate through email. I'm wondering if not linking might make things slower? I appreciate your thoughts!
I was told aswell its not mandatory, however it would be nice if we can check on the GCKEY as what they called. I have the same problem, been linking since March with no luck.

ajvignesh

Jun 12, 2017
I was told aswell its not mandatory, however it would be nice if we can check on the GCKEY as what they called. I have the same problem, been linking since March with no luck.
Oh , I see, But does it interfere with the your application process at all? did you still be able to proceed with the application without issues?

Myrelnp

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Oh , I see, But does it interfere with the your application process at all? did you still be able to proceed with the application without issues?
Nope, it doesn't interfere at all. It's just frustrating as others who are able to link can see more information regarding application than just checking regular online tool like ECAS.

M.steele

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Our ECAS says this:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 21, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on June 5, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 18, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 9, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.
And our GC key says this:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

We are with Ottawa VO, I hope we will get a DM soon. The date requirement for the correspondence on June 9th was August 9th so now that we are at that date it might be a good sign?

Sue2017

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Our ECAS says this:

3. We sent you correspondence on May 18, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 9, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

We are with Ottawa VO, I hope we will get a DM soon. The date requirement for the correspondence on June 9th was August 9th so now that we are at that date it might be a good sign?
Looks like your DM is close! What correspondence did you get on June 9?

M.steele

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Looks like your DM is close! What correspondence did you get on June 9?
Request for info that I intend to return to Canada with my wife as we currently are both living in Korea. We thought it was weird that our app went to Ottawa VO instead of Phil, but I guess it was hopefully for the better.

xohaib.shah

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Our ECAS says this:

Coulld you advise what those two correspondences were ?

M.steele

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Coulld you advise what those two correspondences were ?
First request was for Background check and Police cert.
Second one was because my wife and I live in Korea right now so they wanted more information that we intend to return to Canada. I included an explanation letter with our application as well as about 12 letters from friends and family who are aware of our intention to return but they still wanted more info. So I contacted a real estate agent, mortgage company, got a quote for health insurance for my spouse and created a job profile on Canada job bank. I hope it is enough.

Reactions: xohaib.shah

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
Our ECAS says this:

Congratulations! My backgroud check still in progress... no processing yet until now:( hopefully were next in line!!!:):):)

xohaib.shah

Star Member
May 16, 2017
First request was for Background check and Police cert.
Second one was because my wife and I live in Korea right now so they wanted more information that we intend to return to Canada. I included an explanation letter with our application as well as about 12 letters from friends and family who are aware of our intention to return but they still wanted more info. So I contacted a real estate agent, mortgage company, got a quote for health insurance for my spouse and created a job profile on Canada job bank. I hope it is enough.
sounds good . yes this should suffice their requirement.

The reason I inquired is that my ECAS says the following :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 18, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on July 20, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on June 9, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
It says correspondence was sent to us on June 9th , 2017. I do not remember seeing any messages coming in nor emails from cic. The only correspondence we received was on July 8th 2017 which was basically Medical request. Is there typically a delay between this correspondence date mentioned on ecas and when you get the messages ? is this correspondence via email or messages in GCKEY ? thanks in adavnce. Anyone else who can advise too would be highly appreciated. I am worried whether they still require something from me.

M.steele

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
sounds good . yes this should suffice their requirement.

The reason I inquired is that my ECAS says the following :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 18, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on July 20, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on June 9, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
It says correspondence was sent to us on June 9th , 2017. I do not remember seeing any messages coming in nor emails from cic. The only correspondence we received was on July 8th 2017 which was basically Medical request. Is there typically a delay between this correspondence date mentioned on ecas and when you get the messages ? is this correspondence via email or messages in GCKEY ? thanks in adavnce. Anyone else who can advise too would be highly appreciated. I am worried whether they still require something from me.
My wife received e-mails the same day that ECAS was updated with correspondence. As far as I know it should be for your background check and Police cert maybe? If you log onto GC key and click on your application it should say if documents are required still or not.

Reactions: xohaib.shah

xohaib.shah

Star Member
May 16, 2017
My wife received e-mails the same day that ECAS was updated with correspondence. As far as I know it should be for your background check and Police cert maybe? If you log onto GC key and click on your application it should say if documents are required still or not.
okay thanks. I do not know what background check would mean in our case but we did submit our Shedule A on May 24th 2017 after my wife got an email, requesting for the same. PCC we submitted upfront so that shouldnt be it.

Currently the gckey says the following :
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help