+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
Hey everyone! Just an update...

I called ircc today wondering whether or not our application has been sent out to our VO yet or not since we haven't had any correspondence from them since the Schedule A request back in May 19th. The representative on the line told me that usually applications get sent out to their respective VO right after SA... However, with our file the notes do not explicitly indicate whether our application has been transferred or not... it just says that sponsor has been approved. And since we got our SA on May 24th... I'm thinking probably it has been sent to our VO but they just didn't bother to update GCKey or ECAS or send email... but again can't say for sure.

But I guess it shows that maybe they are more focused on working on applications instead of sending people emails and updates... I don't know lol

Reactions: maq_33

maq_33

Mar 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
BGC: 27-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Haha...that makes complete sense clearly I forgot what thread I was in (normally I'm in the outland London one) good luck, hopefully you get it soon!!
There seem to be many people stuck with their applications at CPC-Mississauga (after SA) so maybe that's normal. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/outland-approved-sponsorship-then-stuck-in-mississauga-gather-here.502940/

Hey everyone! Just an update...

I called ircc today wondering whether or not our application has been sent out to our VO yet or not since we haven't had any correspondence from them since the Schedule A request back in May 19th. The representative on the line told me that usually applications get sent out to their respective VO right after SA... However, with our file the notes do not explicitly indicate whether our application has been transferred or not... it just says that sponsor has been approved. And since we got our SA on May 24th... I'm thinking probably it has been sent to our VO but they just didn't bother to update GCKey or ECAS or send email... but again can't say for sure.

But I guess it shows that maybe they are more focused on working on applications instead of sending people emails and updates... I don't know lol
That's what I was hoping for as well, but most people also get an update in ECAS saying that they've started working on their application (AoR2). Some people have also mentioned that applications are being worked on in Mississauga for the VOs that are overloaded.

Don't think there's any point in worrying because I doubt there's much (or anything) we can do, other than wait.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
we always hear stuff on friday (most likely coincidental) but hoping my wifes background check goes to "in progess" tomorrow! fingers crossed

lycelz

Star Member
May 30, 2017
we always hear stuff on friday (most likely coincidental) but hoping my wifes background check goes to "in progess" tomorrow! fingers crossed
Yup cuz i got email canadian time and its friday morning now in my husbands country phil. So hopefuly u got urs too

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018
I just wish they would send monthly updates or something, months of nothing but silence is ridiculous! It hasn't been exactly a month for me yet but just going by other applicants, it's so brutal waiting, checking emails, ecas, this forum every 10 mins, I feel like a obsessed psycho lol!
Sue,
Lol! I can relate to both "obsessed" and "pschyo" parts! Hang in there! We will all be fine!

kill

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2017
Doc's Request.
xxx
AOR Received.
May 19, 2017
File Transfer...
August 18, 2017
Med's Request
13-09-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Interview........
xxx
Passport Req..
xxx
VISA ISSUED...
xxx
LANDED..........
xxx
wish you all the best bud..Hoping to get this all streamlined
Thanks! I called IRCC before I submitted Sched A and the agent said they're done with the SA and they're just waiting for the Schedule A before they will send the approval letter but it's been more than a month after they received our Schedule A and still no update on our ecas and gckey. The status is still "we do not need additional documents". ;(

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
We made a silly mistake which we just realized.
We somehow didn't see the instruction to fill the name in IMM5406 in both English and Native Language and ended up writing only in English.

Our Application has already been transferred to local Visa Office on June 30,2017.

Should we correct this now,? If so, how we can do it? via webform?
We did the same mistake. Firstly there is not enough room to both type and print your name in your native language! did you find out from them how to fix it?

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Got the AOR 2 ! and Ecas added 1 more line " We started processing your application in July 11 2017" .
Does it mean Background Check started?
They usually start with Eligibility first and then get on to BGC. Eligibility is usually the one that takes longer. Sometimes they will do both simultaneously it all depends. Good luck :)

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
We did the same mistake. Firstly there is not enough room to both type and print your name in your native language! did you find out from them how to fix it?
Nope, i did not call them. I will just submit a updated form via Webform. And then call them after 15/20 day to know whether it got attached to the application.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I'm also in the dark after sending the schedule A. It changed to "we do not need additional documents" a couple of weeks ago I think. Now I'm wondering if the fact that I applied for QC will further delay things... Anyone doing the QC route?