April 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know how the "oath letter" is sent? Mail or email?
This may have already been answered before; but I couldn't find the post.
Thanks
I received mine by snail mail, but all previous communication was by email. Anyways, I was able to see the status change on eCas a couple days before.

Amoojoon

Apr 27, 2017
I received mine by snail mail, but all previous communication was by email. Anyways, I was able to see the status change on eCas a couple days before.

Thanks for the response.
What do they update on eCas? Do you mean they update eCas to show the date/time/venue of the oath?

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response.
What do they update on eCas? Do you mean they update eCas to show the date/time/venue of the oath?
Date and time only, no venue. Like this:

5. We sent you a notice on September 21, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 10, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update for Casper - received oath invitation on Sept 25 for a ceremony on Oct 13 (Ottawa office). So happy to be done in 6 months.

despacito

Aug 3, 2017
Montreal
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know how the "oath letter" is sent? Mail or email?
This may have already been answered before; but I couldn't find the post.
Thanks

PS:
Test Invite Letter: Aug 26
Test on Sep 22 (passed)
Waiting for oath invite
You'll receive a letter of invitation at home and it will also appear on your Client Application Status online http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

drmohan

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone update my status? Decision made on Sep 13.Now waiting for Oath. Passed the test 20/20 and was the first one to be interviewed along with my wife and the whole interview process lasted for 10 mins (just verification of documents).

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Hi all,
The ones received their test invitations by e-mail also received it by snail-mail? Can I use the test invite notice attached to the e-mail officially?

wabdelrahman

Sep 28, 2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 21, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 4, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 11, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 28, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Nothing yet other that my file was sent to Scarborough office , but i live in Mississauga.

Any help or direction

Last edited:

Adonis_G

Apr 6, 2017
My application process has grinded to a halt. Unfortunately, I had a fingerprint request in May which I completed the following day after receiving the letter. In June, I called and they said everything was fine so I should wait for them to send a test invite. Single applicant in Toronto. They said as it's within the 12 month period, I must wait. It just seems like a very long and frustrating process.

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Can someone update my status? Decision made on Sep 13.Now waiting for Oath. Passed the test 20/20 and was the first one to be interviewed along with my wife and the whole interview process lasted for 10 mins (just verification of documents).
Congrats...

floyd.pepper

Aug 8, 2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 21, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 4, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 11, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 28, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Nothing yet other that my file was sent to Scarborough office , but i live in Mississauga.

Any help or direction
Hey @wabdelrahman, we both have applications that started processing on May 11th.I also have not heard anything since then.

My file was sent to Mississauga, I don't know why the Toronto offices are so slow.

Mariam2017

Apr 5, 2017
Hi, Please update the sheet for *Mariam2017*, I got the oath invitation on September 27, 2017,and the Oath date will be on October 27, 2017. Vancouver Citizenship Office. Thank you & Good luck everyone,:)

abdmoh

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
04-07-2011
Med's Done....