+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

CALAB

Apr 27, 2017
One of my friend will be applying in July and he has a question regarding Finger Printing. Who normally gets a request for FP? Is it only singles or a family can also get FP request? How much time do they provide to get the FP done? Can anyone please share timeline as to when the FP request comes in after submitting the application?

luv4ever

Aug 13, 2012
ECAS shows that a notice was sent to me on July 4, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 21, 2017 at 9:00 AM.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can't believe, found two brown envelopes in my mail box for Test invite on August 14th... So happy and relieved....no E-Cas update yet.:):):)

Meldaour

Jul 7, 2017
Calgary
Hi everyone,

Me and my wife passed the test on June 6 ( one month ago today) my wife got DM the next day but my case as well as my kids are still IP... I called cic they told me every thing is ok but your security check is not cleared yet... does anyone has the same case...is there a time frame for security check...is that normal please share your experiences

My ecas shows as follows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 28, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 10, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 11, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Reactions: jilwjung

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can't believe, found two brown envelopes in my mail box for Test invite on August 14th... So happy and relieved....no E-Cas update yet.:):):)
Received Test invite, but no e-cas update, I think this may be normal ???

Diamond81

Jun 29, 2017
Hi if anyone can answer my question will be highly appreciable
My timeline
IP May 16
Citizenship application : Single adult
I have not heard anything since my AOR/ IP which was in May, if any member can put light on it because i am getting little worried of not getting any Test/ Interview request neither being asked for any additional information by CIC, though i contact several times all they said that my file has being transferred to local office in june( might be surrey / Vancouver) . Is in my case the background is holding up the case or its normal.

Thanks in advance