+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Amoojoon

Apr 27, 2017
Quick question.
When we get the test invite email (or letter) do they suggest a couple dates to choose from or only one date?
In case someone wants to reschedule the test date, what's the process? How long after the initial date they normally offer the alternate date?
Thanks!

Last edited:

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finished my test about an hour ago got 20/20 did my interview and taking the oath in an hour done all of it in one day, Edmonton office 77 days from the beginning to the end
Congrats. so fast..

abutt

Apr 28, 2017
Quick question.
When we get the test invite email (or letter) do they suggest a couple dates to choose from or only one date?
In case someone wants to reschedule the test date, what's the process? How long after the initial date they normally offer the alternate date?
Thanks!
They give you one date and ask you to call them to reschedule if you can't attend.

soul2017

Apr 29, 2017
Could someone please update the sheet: April applicant, user Abut (Montreal), received test invite on June 9, test on June 23.
hi there , i am expecting the test soon. im from montreal as well. just wondering if you can help me out and advice how was the test and how did you prepare for it ? is there any website or any recommendation i can use to practice. cuz honstly the book is little hard to understand and memorize the dates by it. appreciate if you can respond asap, thank you and good luck

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there , i am expecting the test soon. im from montreal as well. just wondering if you can help me out and advice how was the test and how did you prepare for it ? is there any website or any recommendation i can use to practice. cuz honstly the book is little hard to understand and memorize the dates by it. appreciate if you can respond asap, thank you and good luck
When did you start the IP step , I am montreal as well ,are you ganna do the test in frensh I have my test on the 11 July so do you have any idea where to find frensh application for the test practice ?

Reactions: soul2017

soul2017

Apr 29, 2017
When did you start the IP step , I am montreal as well ,are you ganna do the test in frensh I have my test on the 11 July so do you have any idea where to find frensh application for the test practice ?
Hi Zineb. Changed to in process a week ago but I wanna practice for the test . And that what I was asking about . But someone wrote in other thread that this website is excellent to practice in French and English . Called www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship so I'm gonna check it out

lakambini

Sep 6, 2012
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
IELTS Request
22-01-2010
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012 and 31-07-2012
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
07-11-2012 (CEM received PP's 12-11-12)
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2012
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
Hello April 2017 applicants! I have been a silent lurker here and your April spreadsheet has helped me a lot. I have planned our lives accordingly and knew the approximate time for the exam. From AOR to IP to DM, I have the same timeline as most of you. I am from Edmonton, and I landed here with my hubby and daughter 4 years ago. We are a family of three, my daughter is 17 years old who also passed the exam - 20/20 for the three of us last June 21, 2017. And this is my timeline (for the spreadsheet guru who can add me to the list... cheers!)...

Mailed our application packet on April 15, 2017
CIC received my packet on April 21, 2017
Started processing application on May 18, 2017
Sent a notice on June 6, 2017 to take citizenship test on June 21, 2017
Decision Made on June 23, 2017

Now... I haven't seen dates regarding oath taking for April applicants yet. Unless I missed out on the most updated excel spreadsheet (?). In any case, I would like to say cheers to all of us who would have oath taking soon from the April applicants, and that we made it with this controversial bill c6 that has been approved. Meaning, we don't have to worry if the old rule will also be implemented (like taking the test a year after filing for citizenship). Time is gold and the sooner we become citizens, the better, right? This bill c24 is awesome, however expensive it is. We made it, and the timeline is awesome, seeing majority of the timeline is within 4 months, one becomes a Canadian citizen. Looking forward to the closure of April applicants spreadsheet with my eyes on the dates of oath taking for everyone. Will be singing O Canada soon with y'all :)

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
Good News to April 2017 applicants.....
The government is contemplating to complete all April 2017 applications as soon as possible to avoid backlogs and implement the new C6 3/5 rule in fall 2017 as promised by them.

Reactions: MirMS and lakambini

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Good News to April 2017 applicants.....
The government is contemplating to complete all April 2017 applications as soon as possible to avoid backlogs and implement the new C6 3/5 rule in fall 2017 as promised by them.
Do you mind sharing the source of this news please?

Osorkon

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2012
LANDED..........
07-01-2013
Hi Everyone,

We sent you correspondence on June 23, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

This is what I received today by E-check.

Dogdogdog

May 16, 2017
Hi Everyone,

We sent you correspondence on June 23, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

This is what I received today by E-check.
Congra. You got the response from the Vancouver office. When other applications celebrate their oath, our Vancouver applications celebrate for receiving the fingerprint letter.
What is my suggestion is it is possible to give the applications a chance to transfer their application to some offices with less application such as Edmonton. If you choice to transfer, you can get faster, but need to afford the travel fee.

Reactions: Osorkon

Osorkon

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2012
LANDED..........
07-01-2013
Congra. You got the response from the Vancouver office. When other applications celebrate their oath, our Vancouver applications celebrate for receiving the fingerprint letter.
What is my suggestion is it is possible to give the applications a chance to transfer their application to some offices with less application such as Edmonton. If you choice to transfer, you can get faster, but need to afford the travel fee.
Thanks bro. Let's see what the letter about first.