+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just finished the test and interview, got 20/20 for me and my wife, test was easy. Officer verified the ID documents, passport stamps and said everything is ok and we should get oath invitation in one month normally and said it could take up to 5 months.
My E-cas status changed to ' Decision Made' this morning.

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
Hi guys,

I have questions regarding finger prints. Is CIC asking everyone for FP as I am not seeing everyone mentioning about the dates of FP other than Saskatoon applicants?
And does FP have to be done from the residing city only? I am travelling to Toronto for 2 months from september to november. If I get FP request in that time period, can i get FP done from Toronto?

TIA

rick2000

Aug 15, 2017
Hi guys,

I have questions regarding finger prints. Is CIC asking everyone for FP as I am not seeing everyone mentioning about the dates of FP other than Saskatoon applicants?
And does FP have to be done from the residing city only? I am travelling to Toronto for 2 months from september to november. If I get FP request in that time period, can i get FP done from Toronto?

TIA
Not everyone gets FP request from CIC , they send FP request to some applicants if they need to do it for clear background check ( if your name and DOB became identical with someone) For your case, don't assume that you will receive FP request , I have seen very few applicants get FP request .

Hope this helps you .

Reactions: kg_bang

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
Not everyone gets FP request from CIC , they send FP request to some applicants if they need to do it for clear background check ( if your name and DOB became identical with someone) For your case, don't assume that you will receive FP request , I have seen very few applicants get FP request .

Hope this helps you .
Oh yes! that gave me some relief. Thanks rick2000.

Audrey2013

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
The test is fine as long as your read and familiarise yourself with the material in the Discover Canada book a number of times. I also did many of the free online tests a number of times and found them helpful as well - both in subject and test format. I found the exam, overall, easy (I got 20/20.. and was done in about 5 mins). The interview, for me, was also less than 5 minutes. They quickly checked my passport stamps and asked 1 question about employment. That was it. For me. The gentlemen next to me however, was in the interview for at lest 20mins before I was called, and was still there after I left. So different for everyone depending on your travel history, language abilities, etc etc.

My exam was set for 10am. They started letting people into the room at 9.45am and the test began at around 10.15am. I arrived at around 9am so that I was not rushed, could find parking, have a coffee etc. I was done everything and on my way back to work by 11am.

At my test, we were allowed to exit the exam room as soon as we were done, and they started calling people pretty immediately after people started exiting the exam. They called for interviews in the order that you submitted your exam paper, so being one of the first to finish was a bonus in how quickly it all went. Although, I have heard that at some centres, they wait until everyone is finished the exam before they start doing the interviews (in some instances, people were not allowed to leave the exam room until the time limit was up) and I have also heard that they sometimes call the interviews alphabetically and not in order of finishing.

So like anything in the this process.... No rhyme. Now reason. And a whole lot of who knows?! ;)
Would you mind to share what online practice test did you used?
Im preparing for my test on Sept.6 in Edmonton.
Thanks!

Reactions: layla_

KT_2017

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
The test is fine as long as your read and familiarise yourself with the material in the Discover Canada book a number of times. I also did many of the free online tests a number of times and found them helpful as well - both in subject and test format. I found the exam, overall, easy (I got 20/20.. and was done in about 5 mins). The interview, for me, was also less than 5 minutes. They quickly checked my passport stamps and asked 1 question about employment. That was it. For me. The gentlemen next to me however, was in the interview for at lest 20mins before I was called, and was still there after I left. So different for everyone depending on your travel history, language abilities, etc etc.

My exam was set for 10am. They started letting people into the room at 9.45am and the test began at around 10.15am. I arrived at around 9am so that I was not rushed, could find parking, have a coffee etc. I was done everything and on my way back to work by 11am.

At my test, we were allowed to exit the exam room as soon as we were done, and they started calling people pretty immediately after people started exiting the exam. They called for interviews in the order that you submitted your exam paper, so being one of the first to finish was a bonus in how quickly it all went. Although, I have heard that at some centres, they wait until everyone is finished the exam before they start doing the interviews (in some instances, people were not allowed to leave the exam room until the time limit was up) and I have also heard that they sometimes call the interviews alphabetically and not in order of finishing.

So like anything in the this process.... No rhyme. Now reason. And a whole lot of who knows?! ;)
I had the exact same format. Was done in 5 minutes and they called for interview in the same order tht we finished the test. Interview also done in less thn 5 mins. Thanks again for ur info. I ended up getting 20/20. Now just waiting for next steps. Q. Do they update ecas with when they send out oath letter after dm? I'm still waiting for a dm though.

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I had the exact same format. Was done in 5 minutes and they called for interview in the same order tht we finished the test. Interview also done in less thn 5 mins. Thanks again for ur info. I ended up getting 20/20. Now just waiting for next steps. Q. Do they update ecas with when they send out oath letter after dm? I'm still waiting for a dm though.
Your welcome!

I expect at some point yes. I have been DM since July 27th. This was updated on the first page of ecas (were your name and address show), but the next page of ecas still only shows step #4 (We sent you a letter to sit the test blah, blah...). I would guess that when they actually send the oath invitation the next line (#5 in my case) would also get updated.... but I'm not sure.

I have heard that some people have received the Oath invitation without the update showing on ecas.