+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in Montreal so the AOR is from the local office or the Sydney office , i though that the AOR is first then they sent the application to the local office , can someone clarify the step of the process , thanks

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
timhortons said:
Thanks Buddy but do they decide the visa office themselves? Coz they have not asked me about which office I want to send my file to.
They decide themselves, based on your address.

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zineb83 said:
I am in Montreal so the AOR is from the local office or the Sydney office , i though that the AOR is first then they sent the application to the local office , can someone clarify the step of the process , thanks
Exactly, AOR is sent from Sydney and later it's transferred to the local office.

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
mmacedo said:
They decide themselves, based on your address.
Great! Thanks :)

luv4ever

Aug 13, 2012
Mailed application - March 12th
Application received - March 16th
Application returned - March 31
Application Resubmitted April 01
Resubmitted Application Received - April 06
AOR - ???

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
geger said:
Thanks a lot
Hi,

My application was delivered today. Now just waiting for AOR

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luveever : could you share with us why it was returned so we can avoid or other in this forum and avoid the same mistake , did you recieved an email that it will be returned ? Did you update the calculator in the application or you kept the same application ... please share with us your experiences if you can , thanks and good luck for the new one .

luv4ever

Aug 13, 2012
zineb83 said:
Luveever : could you share with us why it was returned so we can avoid or other in this forum and avoid the same mistake , did you recieved an email that it will be returned ? Did you update the calculator in the application or you kept the same application ... please share with us your experiences if you can , thanks and good luck for the new one .
submitted IELTS academic instead general or other acceptable proof of language proficiency

needed to explain why my passport was expired without renewal.

did not update my calculator as that was not the problem.

imranrf

Apr 14, 2017
Just recd. AOR after 15 days. I recd. 4 emails (1 for each of us). The last name on mine has wrong spellings and last name for wife is missing, whilst the names for kids are correct. Nothing is available with application number or uci when I try to check the status of application online. Someone plz advise.

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice for AOR , hoping all goes well ma still waiting :(

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imranrf said:
Just recd. AOR after 15 days. I recd. 4 emails (1 for each of us). The last name on mine has wrong spellings and last name for wife is missing, whilst the names for kids are correct. Nothing is available with application number or uci when I try to check the status of application online. Someone plz advise.
Wait until it shows up on the ECas and then call the customer service and ask them to fix the names. I think you can only update the Address online in Ecas, but you can't fix the name.

Brad Smith

Jan 3, 2008
Brad Smith said:
Just a public service announcement for everyone in here from another hopeful April 2017 applicant...

Make sure you have a significant buffer on your physical presence calculation. I prepped my documents months ago. Circled the date on the calendar. And I mailed it off a few hours ago. And then I realized that the calculator hadn't saved one of my trips. Instead of being eligible yesterday, I'm not eligible until tomorrow. If I had a buffer, I could have corrected this with a letter at a later date. Instead, I have to deal with the prospect of having my application rejected.

I'm going to call CIC tomorrow and see what my options are. I assume I'll have to wait until they've received it, given me a case number, etc., and then withdraw the application. I'm hopeful that I can then file a correct application in April with all of you.

But please, PLEASE, don't make my mistake. Have a buffer. Triple check the forms. Have friends check it, too. Can't be too careful.
I received my AOR from my original application today. No idea if my withdrawal letter arriving a day after will save me from having to pay again. Not sure what to do at the moment. Just waiting...

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So how did you recieved the AOR if the calculator is incorrect , I though that they return it to you so you can re submitted once again and why you should lose the payment it is done you can forward to them with the same receipts or just write a letter expalin your mistake , maybe a senior in this forum can help you , good luck me I am still waiting for AOR ?! At least you have one step done good lucks

jilwjung

Apr 12, 2017
Hello everyone

I will mail my application within a next week too
Anyway, I have some question about income tax information category
- do you choose "yes" for all "required to file" and "taxes filed" question ?

Thank you in advance

Osorkon

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2012
LANDED..........
07-01-2013
jilwjung said:
Hello everyone

I will mail my application within a next week too
Anyway, I have some question about income tax information category
- do you choose "yes" for all "required to file" and "taxes filed" question ?

Thank you in advance
Yes you must check the required years and taxes filed as well.