+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

Babyanmol

Jan 19, 2016
Hello friends
I have aquestion. My friends oath is in 7 days. If she can go and make a request to last name change on certificate before oath or she should have to apply a new one. Please let me m know. Thanks

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
april2015 said:
Congrats Babi22, Amine and all the rest on your oath / oath invites. Received my oath invite today in the mail for the ceremony in Mississauga on January 29th, yyaayyyyyy :) citizenship journey almost over. E-Cas however has no further updates other than Decision Made. Anyways, I'm so looking forward to attending this great ceremony of oath with my children and becoming Canadians finally! :)
Congrats!
Let us know when ur ecas updated. I'm waiting for oath letter or ecas update . but nothing yet.

brzykanadan

Feb 19, 2015
Hey guys. Oath letter today for us dated Jan 16 for oath Feb 1 in Van. Test done Oct 19. Very happy. I wish you all speedy oath letters. It feels so good soon to be a full Canadian

eaglesky

Mar 10, 2015
Finally, I get oath letter today and my ceremony is on Feb 5th. :D :D

Timeline -
App Sent: 04/21/2015
App Recd: 04/23/2015
AOR in website: 05/19/2015
eCAS Activated: 05/22/2015
Processing Started: 07/15/2015
Test Invitation: 8 Sep 2015
Test Date: 5 Oct 2015
DM : 22 Oct 2015
Oath Date : 5 Feb 2016

Total days: 288

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I still have not rec'd my test invite :(

Not sure what to do..any recommendations or should i just wait it out?

My office is Yellowknife. I don't even know if the file has been transferred to that office yet.

Le Tachaque

Jan 15, 2016
Sunny88 said:
I still have not rec'd my test invite :(

Not sure what to do..any recommendations or should i just wait it out?

My office is Yellowknife. I don't even know if the file has been transferred to that office yet.
I was pretty much on the same boat until a couple of days ago, and I recently got an e-mail asking me if I want to opt in to take my citizenship test in Vancouver, which is the closest city to me with a local CIC office. I haven't heard back from them any further with the actual test invite, but I see this as a very important update. Chances are they wouldn't contact me unless they really plan on inviting me to the test based on my response.

The e-mail also said opting in to take the test in Vancouver instead of waiting for the regional itinerant service could potentially qualify me to take the oath at the local ceremony in March. And if I take that test and pass it, and given that there is nothing on my application that they find particularly fishy, taking the oath in March seems like a likely outcome considering it falls within the proposed timeline too.

And the part that concerns you is that, extrapolating from this point, my guess is that they are waiting for the next exam and oath dates in Yellowknife to be determined to update your file. I just checked and couldn't find any upcoming ceremonies there. Also the regional itinerant services page was inaccessible, which made me think they are updating it with new entries. So this is all looking promising, they are probably updating the regional itinerant services first, and then the local ceremonies, and I don't think I'm talking science fiction here when I say there is at least a 51% chance that both of us will be entering the month of May as Canadian citizens. Come to think of it, they seem to know it for a fact that they're coming to my town in March, but it wasn't on the RIS page when I last checked. When they also know the dates they'll be offering a test and an oath ceremony in Yellowknife, they'll be ready to update you.

All that said, it doesn't hurt to call the 1-800 number and ask if your file has been transferred. I have a feeling the LOT line has been omitted from all application updates permanently, and your file has probably been transferred by this time. I think they're also able to tell you on the phone if it's transferred. I called them to update my file with my new employment information, and the woman on the phone said she couldn't update my file but she could give me the contact information to send the updates. The information she gave me pertains to the Vancouver office, not Sydney NS. I thereby concluded it was transferred. You could at least try that trick, if not ask directly whether or not your file has been transferred.

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your response.

Actually I was in a work call while my cell phone rang. I checked my message and it was citizenship office calling to book my test/oath appointment. They said they have several options for me. I called back and left the guy a message. I'll try him again tmrw and will update you on what options are available.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny88 said:
Thank you so much for your response.

Actually I was in a work call while my cell phone rang. I checked my message and it was citizenship office calling to book my test/oath appointment. They said they have several options for me. I called back and left the guy a message. I'll try him again tmrw and will update you on what options are available.
Was it for test or oath? Which office?

And how come they are asking your availability. It sounds strange to me !

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone.
Just received the test invitations in the mail today. We, as family, are scheduled for Feb 3rd at the Mississauga office. Wish you all the best.

Anevatia

Jun 23, 2015
Toronto (GTA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi...

Just got my oath ceremony letter... oath date 5th feb at markham ontario. .. took test in scarborough location.

Things are moving and very happy. Good luck to all... still waiting on my wifes oath date... she gave the test before me

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I live in a fairly remote area so the I an only write my test in Yellowknife. The guy phoned me this morning again and asked if I'd be willing to go to Edmonton instead and if I do i will be able to write my test and if i pass it along with all the paper work being good they will be able to do an oath for me the same day. I said yes. It will cost me a lot but I don't mind and want to just be done with it :)

He said he will put my file in and i will receive a letter soon in the mail.

tiarachel85 said:
Was it for test or oath? Which office?

And how come they are asking your availability. It sounds strange to me !

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny88 said:
Hi, I live in a fairly remote area so the I an only write my test in Yellowknife. The guy phoned me this morning again and asked if I'd be willing to go to Edmonton instead and if I do i will be able to write my test and if i pass it along with all the paper work being good they will be able to do an oath for me the same day. I said yes. It will cost me a lot but I don't mind and want to just be done with it :)

He said he will put my file in and i will receive a letter soon in the mail.
Okay I got ya. Thanks a lot

Good luck to you :)

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Any updates from the Ottawa folks??

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks buddy! I checked ECAS today also, still shows DM and the last info back in November saying that we sent you a test invite so I guess ECAS isn't updated that regularly. I even called the call centre around 2 weeks ago asking if there was an update but as usual the answer was to wait, however, got the letter in mail the next week. Hope you get yours too soon, looks like Mississauga office has now become Vancouver as Vancouver used to be the fastest in the beginning :) and unfortunately, Vancouver has slowed down like Mississauga. Are you in Mississauga too?

zafari said:
Congrats!
Let us know when ur ecas updated. I'm waiting for oath letter or ecas update . but nothing yet.