+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

Zaker

Dec 13, 2013
Hi Friends,

My wife and I had test and interview on Monday, Sep., 21st.
I had prepared a lot of documents such as tenancy agreement, Boarding pass, etc.
for the interview. After the test, the officers call everyone in the room one by one.
We were the last two! but fortunately, the interview was super easy. The officer verified
my passports, PR, landing paper, and driving license, then ask about my job, if I have children and
why I apply for citizenship 7 years after landing (since I landed in Dec., 2007). I had
1100 days physical presents and was ready for several questions, but nothing more.
After signing a form, he call my wife and verified her passport and Id as well, asked two short
questions, tell her that we will have an invitation for oath in 3 month. The interview took
2 minutes for each of us!

bujji123

Sep 16, 2015
Hi,

I took the test on August 13th in halifax,waiting for oath yet.
Did anybody receive oath invitation for people who finish their test in july-august month?

Thanks.

natasham

Sep 23, 2015
bujji123 said:
Hi,

I took the test on August 13th in halifax,waiting for oath yet.
Did anybody receive oath invitation for people who finish their test in july-august month?

Thanks.
I took my test on July 21 in Halifax, checked my mailbox twice a day... no sign of oath yet.
I saw a guy who took the test on July 14th, already done his ceremony on Monday.
Hopefully we will receive the letter soon.

alikhan44

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natasham said:
I took my test on July 21 in Halifax, checked my mailbox twice a day... no sign of oath yet.
I saw a guy who took the test on July 14th, already done his ceremony on Monday.
Hopefully we will receive the letter soon.
I took it on July 23 in Halifax, and have been checking my mailbox and ecas several times a day :) . When did you apply ? I think my case went super quickly in the beginning and that is why I have been waiting now. I also know a person who took test on July 8 and took oath somewhere around end of August.

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Hello all,

I'm a Montreal, Quebec applicant. My citizenship test and interview are october 1st at 1:30pm. The only stamp on my USA passport pages I have "most recent " was my original entry into canada as a permanent resident march 4th, 2012. I never left canada once, for the time frame duration I claimed on my application. I visited my family much after the application being sent out, with the Canada border only stamping my return back August 9th, 2015. You see this additional problem now? USA didnt stamp my exit on August 6th, 2015. So there is a huge suspicious stamp gap between march 4th, 2012 to August 9th, 2015. I do not have a cbsa report either, I know it's not requested by CIC or completely needed, there are other ways. Will I get RQ or rejected on my interview next week for not having cbsa report? I was told by USA that it's not needed because the USA and Canada share records for Americans. I gathered my taxes for last 3 years, employment records, a welfare statement letter showing support during my layoff unemployment period, working on getting banking statement transaction history, i also have my dental records for cleanings and my braces prodedure from my dentist orthodontist. I don't have any lease agreements, I only paid cash month to month renting a room wherever I lived....any fact advice on my situation, I'm very worried now since I hear more and more about this cbsa report method since many people lack passport stamps. Thanks for reading this.

bujji123

Sep 16, 2015
I called the cic call center in the morning, they told me to get oath after the test it will take up to 6 months, but in my case it may take up to 36months as they asked finger prints for me before the test,so it is non-routine application.
I have an emergency that I need to travel on Nov 2nd, but yet there is no sign of receiving oath and I don't want to postpone my oath and travel as I don't want to carry this tension for more days.
Not sure what to do, just praying god to receive oath as early as possible.

bigleafbride

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
23-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Passport Req..
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013
Serendipity said:
2 people from Toronto - my wife included - with tests coming up at the Scarborough office in the next 10 days. It is amazing how quickly things are moving now!! Not bad. :D
Great news! When did your wife lodge her application?

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Process since June 9 :( No RQ, and no other update on ecas as well. So definitely no progress in my file.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
sparkle said:
In Process since June 9 :( No RQ, and no other update on ecas as well. So definitely no progress in my file.
Did you try to call CIC to find out if they transferred your file to you local office yet?

Seems they are not ipdating the LOT on Ecas anymore...

natasham

Sep 23, 2015
bujji123 said:
I called the cic call center in the morning, they told me to get oath after the test it will take up to 6 months, but in my case it may take up to 36months as they asked finger prints for me before the test,so it is non-routine application.
I have an emergency that I need to travel on Nov 2nd, but yet there is no sign of receiving oath and I don't want to postpone my oath and travel as I don't want to carry this tension for more days.
Not sure what to do, just praying god to receive oath as early as possible.
I just saw the update on CIC website, the next ceremony available in Halifax is on Oct 21th. Looks like they don't want us to vote.

bujji123

Sep 16, 2015
yes, the next ceremony in Halifax was oct 21st. But as I observed some oath ceremonies they are not mentioning in website as September 21st there was a oath ceremony in Halifax, but they have not mentioned in cic site. Let us hope for the best.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Ok, just received my ATIP (after exactly 30 days!)
The good thing is that it confirms that my application has been transferred from Sydney to Montreal.
The bad thing is that it says for location: Montreal Citizenship CEN (I am from Montreal)

What bothers me is that "CEN". I think this is the office where they transfer your application when there is a problem in it... Can anybody confirm this please?