+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

mnecgo

Jul 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winner said:
Hey folks,
Got test invite for sep 28 thru post today,checked my ecas and it is updated too.
My local office is edmonton. :)
Congrats ! All the best

bujji123

Sep 16, 2015
Hi,

Here is my timeline from Halifax.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 18, 2014.
3.We started processing your application on December 23, 2014.
4.We sent you correspondence on June 1, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.(finger prints)
5.Your file was transferred to the Fredericton office on June 22, 2015. The Fredericton office will contact you.
6.We sent you a notice on July 30, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 13, 2015 at 8:31 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

now waiting for oath....not sure how long more to wait....

Thanks

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bujji123 said:
Hi,

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 18, 2014.
4.We sent you correspondence on June 1, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.(finger prints)
5.Your file was transferred to the Fredericton office on June 22, 2015. The Fredericton office will contact you.
6.We sent you a notice on July 30, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 13, 2015 at 8:31 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Thanks
Congrats !!

Fredricton looks after Halifax applicants?

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Dear forum,

I got the following update via CIC website login...

"""We sent you a notice on September 17, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 1, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.""""

This is wonderful news naturally, and I'm grateful for the progess, but I have a big question. Is there a high chance they can issue an RQ to me? I keep hearing about this dreaded RQ everyone is afraid of. I'm an American citizen, if that explains anything. I haven't left Canada once during the residency time I accounted for the residency calculator on my application process.

Also, can a moderator please update my test invitation info onto the sheet? I'm locked out from it for some reason. Thanks for reading my post. :)

alikhan44

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bujji123 said:
Hi,

Thanks
Hi,

What does your ecas say ? Is it 'Decision Made' . I have also been waiting for oath since July 23. (Halifax)

bujji123

Sep 16, 2015
yes August 13th I wrote the test and the status in ecas changed to Decision Made on August 15th.Now waiting for oath.
I called MP office, they confirmed by calling cic that Decision made in my case is grant of citizenship and for getting oath it will be within 6months, as there no judges available in Halifax :(.
Thanks.

alikhan44

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bujji123 said:
yes August 13th I wrote the test and the status in ecas changed to Decision Made on August 15th.Now waiting for oath.
I called MP office, they confirmed by calling cic that Decision made in my case is grant of citizenship and for getting oath it will be within 6months, as there no judges available in Halifax :(.
Thanks.
How come there are no judges when there are 2 or 3 citizenship ceremonies every month :(

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
is it still possible to get an RQ if we already receive our citizenship test invite date? Less likely or more likely? Confused. Thanks in advance.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Anthony_nyc said:
is it still possible to get an RQ if we already receive our citizenship test invite date? Less likely or more likely? Confused. Thanks in advance.
Yes, i could happen during the test if the cic agent is not confident with the information you gave him or has doubts about your application. They can give it to you in test day or right after...

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Anthony_nyc said:
Did you receive your invit? Congrats.

bujji123

Sep 16, 2015
Hi Alikhan,

you are right, there are 2-3 ceremonies happening every month. But the receptionist in the MP office told me that judges are not available in NS as other provinces,so it will be late to get oath letter. She said it may take up to 6months. Even I am waiting eagerly to take my oath, as I have an emergency that I need to travel in Nov.
Let me know if you receive any updates.

Thanks.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Here is my wife's timeline:

City: Toronto (Scarborough)

- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 11, 2015.
- We started processing your application on July 10, 2015.
- We sent you a notice on September 6, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 29, 2015 at 1:30 PM.

Amazing!! :)

Good luck to all!!