+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

dexter1975

May 17, 2015
So my friend who applied april, received AOR in May then her papers got in process in July, has just received her invitation for test on Sept 2. Looks like it is indeed faster processing for CIC.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dimply said:
Hi All,

I can see following message, I am wondering still my case is showing just received,
when it will go in process and transfer to Local office Calgary????????

Any idea????????

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 9, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 21, 2015.

Thanks
Syed
My friend, nothing is wrong with your application. But it seems that Calgary office is too slow!

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
dexter1975 said:
So my friend who applied april, received AOR in May then her papers got in process in July, has just received her invitation for test on Sept 2. Looks like it is indeed faster processing for CIC.
Did your friend get her application "transfered to local office " before she got her test invite? Where is she from? Vancouver?

dexter1975

May 17, 2015
I am not sure. She just received a letter of invitation for test to be held on sept 2. I believed she checked her ecas last week but didnt show whether her papers had been transferred to local office or not. It showed only "IN PROCESS". So its like 4 months after AOR, before she received a test invite.

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
dexter1975 said:
I am not sure. She just received a letter of invitation for test to be held on sept 2. I believed she checked her ecas last week but didnt show whether her papers had been transferred to local office or not. It showed only "IN PROCESS". So its like 4 months after AOR, before she received a test invite.
Which location is your friend in, Dexter1975? Is she in Vancouver or GTA? It helps when you specify the location. That way we can make more sense of the test invite.

Vancouver applicants usually have a quicker processing time as compared to other parts of Canada

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
One of my friend called CIC to know if his file is transferred to local office.

The answer was NO; they cant tell until its been longer than normal processing time. :(

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had ordered ATIP on my file over a month ago and finally received the reply from CIC only last week. It's a 25 pages PDF document and it's a bit complex to understand all the notes on my file due to their internal terms and phrases used, not sure if any senior member here on the forum can help understand the same who also have ordered ATIP on their file. All I could understand from the ATIP was 2 things, one is that my criminality background check, the status is "in process" plus file transfer to local office, the status is "in transit".

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not really, however, you may wanna take a look at this thread (started also by zoya_99) which might answer your question and would give you some more insight about the ATIP :-

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-atip-reveal-if-our-file-has-been-transferred-to-local-office-t345006.0.html

Cheers!

Anthony_nyc said:
Hello April and everyone,

Do I need to order an ATIP too? I'm not sure if this ATIP is needed for all of us. Thanks in advance!

bigleafbride

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
23-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Passport Req..
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013
When the file gets transferred to the local office, will it show in our ECAS?
Mine shows in process since July 22nd. It also states that they sent me a letter. I have responded to that letter and has confirmed that they have opened it.

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
ROMA_1 said:
No it doesn't, but at least there are some indications. When our applications are processed like those before fees change and new law implantation, this could indicate no change I'm processing especially other offices than Vancouver and Montreal. By the way I no longer see your timeline in spreadsheet Sunafi, are u still there?
Well I have mixed experience, I applied and my application reached first week of April and was reviewed with good speed.. I had made a mistake so application was retuned and by the time it reached back from me to CIC around 21 April, speed was slow to show receive compare to March & April first week candidates... I guess, pile of files grown up by the time my application reached second time.. my time line is as following

(2nd time) application reached - 21 April
Received status - 25 June
In process - 10 Aug

Seems someone accidentally deleted my info row... and after that I didn`t add it again.. only reading posts....
I am for sure eagerly waiting for application to complete as I didnt add my US born kid in application, and planned to apply asap once our application is completed... having said that, lets give some some space to CIC -
1) as there is going to imbalance between no. of applications and officers available to process.. so you know... keep smiling ;D
2) after all they are govt. office, and in North America too - there is difference in speed in govt office vs public (private) office.. ;) because of difference in work culture ... govt offices has union and tries to go by rule books... public office - more focused on result in lesser time.... everyone Happy Wednesday !!! :D

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
bigleafbride said:
When the file gets transferred to the local office, will it show in our ECAS?
Mine shows in process since July 22nd. It also states that they sent me a letter. I have responded to that letter and has confirmed that they have opened it.
Yes it should show on Ecas (although I read some post saying that it did not for them) but for most people it should show.

July 22nd is not too far. Mine is in process since June 23rd and no transfer to local office yet...

Was it additional documentation they asked you for ? finger prints ?

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
april2015 said:
I had ordered ATIP on my file over a month ago and finally received the reply from CIC only last week. It's a 25 pages PDF document and it's a bit complex to understand all the notes on my file due to their internal terms and phrases used, not sure if any senior member here on the forum can help understand the same who also have ordered ATIP on their file. All I could understand from the ATIP was 2 things, one is that my criminality background check, the status is "in process" plus file transfer to local office, the status is "in transit".
Thanks April so much for sharing this information with us,
we missed your comments and analysis for what is going with application processing.
so, you mean what you understood in your ATIP that
1- Your criminality background check is still "in process" i.e: not finished yet
2- File transfer to local office is "in transit" i.e: did not transferred to local office yet.

so all these steps were and still being done in Sydney, correct me if I misunderstood....
Thanks again