+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Sunny88 said:
Thank you for your response coolguysam. I tried every way i can think of to check the status on ecas but it is not active for me.

I just called the cic office and the lady said sorry i can't help you until 24 months have passed. I tried requesting her to check but she refused.

I'll try again in a few days and hopefully someone else will answer.
Do you have long name/ legal name change done? Have you tried entering your name in different ways to see if that helps.

Usually you should use your client id# which is 8 digit numeric format printed at front of PR card (xxxx-xxxx). Please use that and then use your family name or last name or surname and if you don't have a surname, put your given name in "Surname/Family Name:" field. Enter your date of birth and select your country of birth.

Try these and see if it works. By the way what did the AOR email state?

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG thank you so much. I was trying with my old name as that is the one on my AOR. Now i tried with my new name and used a hypen and it worked.

Thank you. My file is in process... ;D

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 20, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 2, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on July 14, 2015.

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admin-can you please change my status to processing on July 14th.

Thank you,
Sunny 88

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Sunny88 said:
OMG thank you so much. I was trying with my old name as that is the one on my AOR. Now i tried with my new name and used a hypen and it worked.

Thank you. My file is in process... ;D

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 20, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 2, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on July 14, 2015.
See, i told you it would be a name issue. Good luck!

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wrote the test this morning, left first and 20/20.

Mailed - 13 April 2015
AOR - 15 April 2015
IP - 15 April
Transferred - 23 June 2015

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question about this fast track.. I did see some ppl with relatively faster processing. How can one apply under fast track and who is qualify for that?

I'm a bit confused since I thought we are all fast track compared to sometime last year... Correct me if I'm wrong. Any idea?

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I made a request for urgent processing, but seeing the timelines of most new applicants I would say it did not matter all that much.

To request urgent processing, you must have one of the reasons that are listed on the website. I do not know if something changed after the new rules came in force, but I needed it for a job.

Plokok

May 14, 2015
FSWCEC said:
I have a question about this fast track.. I did see some ppl with relatively faster processing. How can one apply under fast track and who is qualify for that?

I'm a bit confused since I thought we are all fast track compared to sometime last year... Correct me if I'm wrong. Any idea?
I'm talking about this fast-track for Canadian Armed Forces not the new Citizenship procedure which is supposedly faster than the old one. Sorry for the confusion.

Plokok

May 14, 2015
Slovan said:
I made a request for urgent processing, but seeing the timelines of most new applicants I would say it did not matter all that much.

To request urgent processing, you must have one of the reasons that are listed on the website. I do not know if something changed after the new rules came in force, but I needed it for a job.
I won't say that. Most of us are still in "In Process" or "Aor Received" step while you are already waiting for Oath taking date. So I'd say it is working for you.

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There were regular candidates (or they did not volunteer this information) who applied in March and are citizens already. This may have to do with the local/secondary office, but my application according to the latest date was only transferred to MTL on 25 June. There was a note before 'Transferred 7 May 2015', then it disappeared and got updated with a new date later on.

So they only speeding up was at the opening the package and AORing step, as I see it.

bigleafbride

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
23-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Passport Req..
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013
I just realized I missed to include the two day trip to the US that I made. I came back the same day on both days thus it totally slipped my mind.

Do you think that will be an issue?