+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

Ottawa2015

Apr 2, 2015
My wife applied in April and Ecas has test invite for November.
She is a housewife (never worked in Canada). In addition to the usual documents (passport, landing document, driving license, health card, educational certificates for English), what else do the experts recommend to carry?

We have apartment lease with her name, child care tax statements, tax returns for my wife, our son’s long form birth certificate (son born in Canada). Is it a good idea to carry these documents just in case? What else do the experts recommend? Bank statements, credit card statements? Our son is 3 years old and goes to preschool and if needed, we can get letter from school too. Any suggestions/recommendations will be appreciated. Thank you.

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa2015 said:
She is a housewife (never worked in Canada). In addition to the usual documents (passport, landing document, driving license, health card, educational certificates for English), what else do the experts recommend to carry?

We have apartment lease with her name, child care tax statements, tax returns for my wife, our son’s long form birth certificate (son born in Canada). Is it a good idea to carry these documents just in case? What else do the experts recommend? Bank statements, credit card statements? Our son is 3 years old and goes to preschool and if needed, we can get letter from school too. Any suggestions/recommendations will be appreciated. Thank you.
Hello,

I believe you guys are from Ottawa, what is her timeline?

Thanks

Ottawa2015

Apr 2, 2015
Yes, Ottawa. Application sent 1st week of April AOR last week of April. Processing started mid July and Ecas updated this week for test in first week of November.
Thank you.

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Ottawa2015 said:
Yes, Ottawa. Application sent 1st week of April AOR last week of April. Processing started mid July and Ecas updated this week for test in first week of November.
Thank you.
Are you not on the April spreadsheet? Would be good to update it please.

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Ottawa2015 said:

Hi Ottawa2015. Yes carry those documents to be on the safer side. You never know what they will ask. Make sure you printout and carry the application you sent to Sydney NS as well.

I am yet to get my test invite (GTA applicant grr) but I have read in many places to better be safe and carry the documents. Good luck!

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gave the test on Oct 20...passed.
Now the ecas says "Decision Made".
I am assuming good? Please confirm !

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
sparkle said:
Gave the test on Oct 20...passed.
Now the ecas says "Decision Made".
I am assuming good? Please confirm !
Pretty sure you are assuming good :) Congrats for this good news... I hope my interview will go well on Nov 10th and will soon see my status changing to a Decision Made...

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
fedex682 said:
So GTA applicants from May 2015 are getting test invites haha!

This is getting funny now :p
You and I are in the same boat (No test invite yet) but I like that you say it is funny,

I am annoyed by the way CIC conducts its work, no logical timeline :(

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
ss_2015 said:
You and I are in the same boat (No test invite yet) but I like that you say it is funny,

I am annoyed by the way CIC conducts its work, no logical timeline :(
Oh I am annoyed too lol..It is just that it has gotten to a stage where it is getting funny.

I agree CIC has no logical timeline. If we were in Vancouver we would have all been citizens by now. Oath and everything lol

alissone007

Oct 26, 2015
Hello,

I am from Montreal, and did receive my test invitation for Nov 10 2015...
Now time to start reading and practicing...
Babi22, I see we are having the test on the same date.... how is your preparation going so far... I noticed a lot of dates to remember.

Dorukk

Oct 15, 2015
Hello,
i am from ottawa April applicant. just got my test date today. Nov 4..
now time to study where is the best place to study?

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Dorukk said:
Hello,
i am from ottawa April applicant. just got my test date today. Nov 4..
now time to study where is the best place to study?
What time? One of my friend also has test in nov 04