+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2014 OUTLAND APPLICANTS

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
JessNess said:
Got my COPR in the mail today via Canada Post... it came in a brown government envelope :) Going to land tomorrow :)

I am cheering for everyone in April to get theirs too ASAP!
Congratulations!!! That is awesome! :)

dcgroo

Apr 6, 2014
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
LANDED..........
25-08-2014
Congratulations to all that have got good news and thank you to all the people behind the scenes, that we will never meet, that played such a huge roll in our lives. Your efforts are appreciated and thank you for welcoming us to your country.

Those that will be doing their landings soon could you please share your experiences and advice to make it go smoother for all of us?

Thanks in advance!

jay7777

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
File Transfer...
06-06-2014
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 8/1/14
Got my COPR today sent to my address in the US today. Now I need to figure out how to get that because I am in Canada.

maulikinjal

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2014
AOR Received.
SA Recieved: August 19th 2014
Med's Request
IN PROCESS: January 2nd 2015
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2014
Interview........
DM: February 17th, 2015
Passport Req..
February 13th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 23rd,2015
jay7777 said:
Got my COPR today sent to my address in the US today. Now I need to figure out how to get that because I am in Canada.
just wondering all the cpc Ottawa applicants are recieving copr so fast, my concern is did u had an option to choose between cpc mississauga and cpc Ottawa? is it an outland application that you guys have applied? people from states who applies actually have a longer period of wait.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
maulikinjal said:
just wondering all the cpc Ottawa applicants are recieving copr so fast, my concern is did u had an option to choose between cpc mississauga and cpc Ottawa? is it an outland application that you guys have applied? people from states who applies actually have a longer period of wait.
these are all outland applications. all outland applications start at mississauga for sponsor eligibility. CIC then transfers the file to the visa office once the sponsor is approved, just like how your file is sent to your visa office. for US applicants the visa office is Ottawa, there is no "choice". Only files with issues/concerns get kicked back to the US for processing, which will cause a lengthy delay in processing. There are still some outland applicants with files in ottawa from 2013 still getting processed. No one knows why those files are getting processed slowly while newer applications get processed quickly. I'm sure it has to do with some internal guidelines we are not privy to.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Cheeseburger said:
I am curious. I had a trip to Canada planned for the beginning of September. Say, for example, I am required to land by December of 2014, if I go to visit in September, MUST I officially land or can I just go as a visitor and then return in December to officially land?
Cheeseburger. I think you'd have to land, but I am not sure. If you do land, you are required to live with your sponsor for 2 years (if you have the condition 51).. but I am not 100% sure. Sorry!

maulikinjal

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2014
AOR Received.
SA Recieved: August 19th 2014
Med's Request
IN PROCESS: January 2nd 2015
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2014
Interview........
DM: February 17th, 2015
Passport Req..
February 13th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 23rd,2015
rhcohen2014 said:
these are all outland applications. all outland applications start at mississauga for sponsor eligibility. CIC then transfers the file to the visa office once the sponsor is approved, just like how your file is sent to your visa office. for US applicants the visa office is Ottawa, there is no "choice". Only files with issues/concerns get kicked back to the US for processing, which will cause a lengthy delay in processing. There are still some outland applicants with files in ottawa from 2013 still getting processed. No one knows why those files are getting processed slowly while newer applications get processed quickly. I'm sure it has to do with some internal guidelines we are not privy to.
oh cool.. that make sense. thanks and congratulations on recieving your copr.

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
hello everyone
i have applied for my spouse visa in march 2014 ( in canada) and after getting the sponsor eligibilty mail , my file is transferred to new delhi office in april 02,2014 and on april 10, 2014 i am getting the mail from delhi office for the submission of landing fee slip copy and police verification record if u stayed outside india..after that i am not getting anything from delhi office and my application status is application recieved ( when we r checking through online on cic website). so my question is that is there anyone in the same slot.or anyone getting passport request .like i am not getting any passsport request etc from delhi office...
so please share u r story if u r applied in march also....it will great help..
Thank you

Zokomon

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-06-2014
Med's Done....
15-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2014
LANDED..........
13-01-2015 :)))
deep33 said:
hello everyone
i have applied for my spouse visa in march 2014 ( in canada) and after getting the sponsor eligibilty mail , my file is transferred to new delhi office in april 02,2014 and on april 10, 2014 i am getting the mail from delhi office for the submission of landing fee slip copy and police verification record if u stayed outside india..after that i am not getting anything from delhi office and my application status is application recieved ( when we r checking through online on cic website). so my question is that is there anyone in the same slot.or anyone getting passport request .like i am not getting any passsport request etc from delhi office...
so please share u r story if u r applied in march also....it will great help..
Thank you
We all are in the same boat buddy. None of the 2014 applicants (with the exception of a few) have received their PPR's. Apparently NDVO is still working on Nov/Dec'13 files. So it might take another month or so before they get to 2014 files. Since you are a March applicant, I'll suggest you to follow the March'14 forum to have an better idea about the processing timeframe... Good luck!

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
jay7777 said:
What about somebody sending it to you by courier....
then the only thing that you need to do is to take a trip to the border
leave Canada and comeback right away... and do your landing....

Congratulations....

8)

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Zokomon said:
We all are in the same boat buddy. None of the 2014 applicants (with the exception of a few) have received their PPR's. Apparently NDVO is still working on Nov/Dec'13 files. So it might take another month or so before they get to 2014 files. Since you are a March applicant, I'll suggest you to follow the March'14 forum to have an better idea about the processing timeframe... Good luck!
Thanx buddy for reply and suggestion... :)

alibali25

Apr 24, 2014
Holy Moley Guacamole.
My husband is visiting me now and his mother just sent us a message to tell us that there is an envelope for him from CIC waiting in the U.S.
I checked online and it says "decision made"
It can't be true, can it!? COPR!??

My worst fear is that it is a straight up rejection, but I feel that isn't possible either!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
alibali25 said:
Holy Moley Guacamole.
My husband is visiting me now and his mother just sent us a message to tell us that there is an envelope for him from CIC waiting in the U.S.
I checked online and it says "decision made"
It can't be true, can it!? COPR!??

My worst fear is that it is a straight up rejection, but I feel that isn't possible either!
it's definitly not a rejection. it certainly is the COPR! CIC can't reject the application without asking for additional info and/or scheduling an interview. The applicant has the right to answer any concerns of the visa officer. You are on-par with Ottawa trends. March, April and MAy US applicants are currently receiving approvals! Congrats!

alibali25

Apr 24, 2014
WOW. I am honestly in shock! :eek:
MIL just opened it for us and sure enough COPR.
I am not sure whether I should cry, jump up and down, pop champagne or all of the above at the same time!
I was NOT expecting it to be this easy! Sure our case is straightforward but I thought we wouldn't hear anything until at least October.
Life is beautiful sometimes :D

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
alibali25 said:
WOW. I am honestly in shock! :eek:
MIL just opened it for us and sure enough COPR.
I am not sure whether I should cry, jump up and down, pop champagne or all of the above at the same time!
I was NOT expecting it to be this easy! Sure our case is straightforward but I thought we wouldn't hear anything until at least October.
Life is beautiful sometimes :D
Congratulations!!!! So happy for you! I wish the same for our case :) We are not even "in process" yet… aargghhhh