+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Applicants

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fortq said:
I apply in 9 April in Sydney, NS from Saskatchewan and in June 9 they start the application. I didnt have any updates.
Call CIC and ask them where your file is (already a local office or still NS). If it has been transferred to the local office, ask when. You can also ask if they have completed the background checks yet (if your file's still in NS). Good luck! :)

Oct 2, 2014
Hi...
I did the test today and it went well and as for the interview it was pretty easy for me
since I've never been out of the country so the judge just skimmed through my passport.
They invited me to take the oath on Dec 15 but since it was a bit troublesome for me they suggested
me to take the January ceremony.
Scarborough office.

Good luck to all of you!!!

WindsorOn

Dec 1, 2014
Just got the test invitation today for December 22, 2014
Here are my date:

Application received: April 25,2014
In process: July 2, 2014
Test: December 22, 2014

Windsor office...

rajesh_sharma

Jan 20, 2013
aed said:
Hi Rajesh. It really depends on the local office. There are really fast ones, like Mississauga, and slow ones. My timeline was quite similar to yours (check my signature) and I got the test invite 2-3 weeks ago. So, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure you will receive your invite soon. You can always call CIC line and ask if your file was transferred to the local office. They will know for sure. :)
Thanks for the reply. I want to also mention that my sponsorship of my wife was rejected due to marital misrepresentation. Do you guys think that this situation will effect my citizenship? Let me know thanks.

muhannad189

Oct 27, 2014
Just received my test date in the mail yesterday! :D It's on December 11, 2014 all the way in Scarborough. However, I have a final exam on that same day. I was wondering how long the process of taking the test and verifying the documents usually takes? I was asked to show up at 8:15am and for the purposes of my final exam, I must leave the building by 12:30pm.

Can anyone shed some light on how long the process takes from the time you arrive?

Here's my updated status:
Application received: April 22, 2014
Processing started: June 24, 2014
Received line disappeared: I believe some time in September
Test Date: December 11, 2014

I live in Toronto.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muhannad189 said:
Just received my test date in the mail yesterday! :D It's on December 11, 2014 all the way in Scarborough. However, I have a final exam on that same day. I was wondering how long the process of taking the test and verifying the documents usually takes? I was asked to show up at 8:15am and for the purposes of my final exam, I must leave the building by 12:30pm.

Can anyone shed some light on how long the process takes from the time you arrive?

I live in Toronto.
guess u will be receiving oath right after test

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
muhannad189 said:

I live in Toronto.

Congrats!!..
Most people finish the exam part in 10-15 minutes. Expect a half hour minimum to two hours maximum for the interview part depending on the schedule for test invites and case complexities. You will be good for the test but if invited for same day oath (Scarborough office is known for same day oath now) you may not be able to exit by 12.30pm. There is nothing to worry, but be prepared for this and politely explain and ask for the next available date. Keep your exam schedule with you as an evidence if in case needed.

Wish you all the best!

muhannad189

Oct 27, 2014
Donvalley said:
Congrats!!..
Most people finish the exam part in 10-15 minutes. Expect a half hour minimum to two hours maximum for the interview part depending on the schedule for test invites and case complexities. You will be good for the test but if invited for same day oath (Scarborough office is known for same day oath now) you may not be able to exit by 12.30pm. There is nothing to worry, but be prepared for this and politely explain and ask for the next available date. Keep your exam schedule with you as an evidence if in case needed.

Wish you all the best!
Thanks for the details, Donvalley. If I happen to complete everything else but can't wait for the oath, will I have a chance to do the oath on another day? Is there typically paperwork involved with postponing the oath?

Thanks again!

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We got our oath letters today! December 18! Kitchener! :D

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems like even small offices are speeding up! :)

marren

Oct 15, 2014
Hi all, any news april applicant to Montreal
My time line as follow
application recieved 28 april
under processing 26 june

thanks

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marren said:
Hi all, any news april applicant to Montreal
My time line as follow
application recieved 28 april
under processing 26 june

thanks
Well, the good news is that when you get your test date, you will have the oath on the same day as that's the way things happen at the Montreal office now. Or so I heard. :)

vizkiz

May 8, 2006
hello All

I first came to CANADA 2008 May.

Went to USA in 2009 for job on H1B. working in USA for 1.5 years. then came back to Canada in 2011 March.

since then working in Canada until 2014 April.

In April 2014, applied for Citizenship.
Got test notice in Sept 2014.
Became Citizen om Dec 2014.

Hope this helps for other in understanding the timelines.

thanks
Ravi

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vizkiz said:
hello All

I first came to CANADA 2008 May.

Went to USA in 2009 for job on H1B. working in USA for 1.5 years. then came back to Canada in 2011 March.

since then working in Canada until 2014 April.

In April 2014, applied for Citizenship.
Got test notice in Sept 2014.
Became Citizen om Dec 2014.

Hope this helps for other in understanding the timelines.

thanks
Ravi
Congrats! :)