+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Applicants

Usyaid

Jun 12, 2014
informatics said:
Well as per your previous posts , it appears that your appliaction got into process sometimes in July . As you have received finger print request from Calgary looks like it has been transferred to your local office (in around 2 months after getting in process) . Besides, as you have received finger print request which shows that some officer has actually opened your file and is currently working in it . As Calgary is considered as one of the slowest offices in Canada , so in my view its a good sign (I really hope that finger print request wont delay your case more than few weeks or so) .Seems like the new decision making model is working for new appliacnts like us :)
Thanks for your reply . I am not very sure how long its take to test invitation.

nadetyqc

Feb 13, 2010
CIC really confuses me. My timeline is:
- CIC in NS got my application on April 4
- I got my booklet quite early, dated end of May, but in mailbox June/July
- my "in process" and disappearance of "received line" took place first on August 1x. much later than of the others
- same day the office in NS sent me RQ request! (to be sent to Mississauga). Deadline ~October
- AND on September 19 Mississauga office sent me a test letter to appear before the deadline of my RQ submission! (early October). At that time my RQ was still on my desk!

So my question why RQ and why they don't wait until they receive my package with all the supporting info? They don't need it in the end? It was so much work... I'm wondering when I could have my ceremony... will it be late because they need time to look into the RQ or quite soon after the test? This was a single application and RQ could have been triggered by IDs (passport) issued within 3 months of the application submission.

NTA

Sep 25, 2014
Hello nadetyqc,
I believe you still have to file your RQ, because they are two different procedures.
when you are invited to interview and test that does not waive the required RQ. Furthermore, many applicants had a RQ after interview, so don't rely on the interview as you have been asked to file RQ.

Best,

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nadetyqc said:
CIC really confuses me. My timeline is:
- CIC in NS got my application on April 4
- I got my booklet quite early, dated end of May, but in mailbox June/July
- my "in process" and disappearance of "received line" took place first on August 1x. much later than of the others
- same day the office in NS sent me RQ request! (to be sent to Mississauga). Deadline ~October
- AND on September 19 Mississauga office sent me a test letter to appear before the deadline of my RQ submission! (early October). At that time my RQ was still on my desk!

So my question why RQ and why they don't wait until they receive my package with all the supporting info? They don't need it in the end? It was so much work... I'm wondering when I could have my ceremony... will it be late because they need time to look into the RQ or quite soon after the test? This was a single application and RQ could have been triggered by IDs (passport) issued within 3 months of the application submission.
Hi A part from your passport being issued less than 3 months ago, can you think about any other reason why you got RQ. Unemployed for a long time, long vacation. Self employed......

k2009

Aug 29, 2014
Now cic changes to new procedure.

Cic will send the notice to take the test before review RQ documents, if requested.

CIC doesnot want to waste time to review abandoned(no show on test date) applicants'document or review those who do not pass the test.

nadetyqc

Feb 13, 2010
Thank you all for your input. I agree with k2009, this must be a new approach they take to potentially speed up non-routine applications.
Besides the newly issued IDs, I can only think of my status... I was a student for some time doing research. In this case my transcript didn't show any courses taken, just registration. It is not something that I saw on CIC's list of risk factors, but could be the reason.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
nadetyqc said:
Thank you all for your input. I agree with k2009, this must be a new approach they take to potentially speed up non-routine applications.
Besides the newly issued IDs, I can only think of my status... I was a student for some time doing research. In this case my transcript didn't show any courses taken, just registration. It is not something that I saw on CIC's list of risk factors, but could be the reason.
Was your passport issued during the period when you were just registered but were not taking any course ?

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news April applicants, especially from Mississauga and Scarborough offices?

Flying high

May 27, 2014
BobyM said:
Any news April applicants, especially from Mississauga and Scarborough offices?
I got my test letter last week to be held at Mississauga. See below my timeline.Hang in there it will be your turn soon.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 3, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 27, 2014.

We sent you a notice on September 15, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 6, 2014 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flying high said:
I got my test letter last week to be held at Mississauga. See below my timeline.Hang in there it will be your turn soon.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 3, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on September 15, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 6, 2014 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
most likely getting oath right after passing test. Sauga is holding ceremonies everyday, 5 days a week!

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great! Congrats Flying high! Hope the test goes smoothly and you get the oath letter right away.

Just wondering if your "Received line" disappeared before your invitation and whether the letter was received in the mail first or the ecas was updated first?

Thanks.

Flying high said:

Flying high

May 27, 2014
BobyM said:
Great! Congrats Flying high! Hope the test goes smoothly and you get the oath letter right away.

Just wondering if your "Received line" disappeared before your invitation and whether the letter was received in the mail first or the ecas was updated first?

Thanks.
Thanks BobyM. My received line disappeared on August 13 and the letter was sent before ecas got updated. I received the letter sept 17 and ecas updated sept 19. So i think you should expect letter by next week since we almost got the same timeline.

Cheers.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope so. Thank you.

Flying high said:
Thanks BobyM. My received line disappeared on August 13 and the letter was sent before ecas got updated. I received the letter sept 17 and ecas updated sept 19. So i think you should expect letter by next week since we almost got the same timeline.

Cheers.