+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Applicants

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eswiz said:
Not many. Just about my trips abroad (which I only had one) and what family members I have here. She wanted to see my passport including any expired ones. It was all over very quickly. She asked why I hadn't been back to England and if I was planning to go. I explained to her that I had been planning a visit, but because I am a teacher the strike put and end to that and I couldn't afford it.

I was so worried about passing the test that I was so relieved when she told me I had passed and I didn't worry too much about anything else after that.
Congras.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. Yes please let me know how the interview goes. Hope you have a smooth and easy one.

Flying high said:
Hi BobyM,

Actually am just gonna bring with me my passport that i entered canada in 2010 as permanent resident. I don't think we need to take all the passports that we have gotten so far.
For instance i first came to canada in 2008 and i have lost that passport.
So don't need to worry about that.

I will let you know how the interview goes.

Enjoy your week end!
Cheers.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SoonToBeCanadian said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 24, 2014.

I believe my file is gonna be processed in Scarborough office... btw any news from that office? Haven't seen anyone here from that office who has received a test letter :(
Our timeline is quite similar. Here's mine:

Application type: family (couple)
Received: April 25, 2014
In Process: June 27, 2014
AOR: July/August 2014
Received line disappeared: September 23, 2014

I have no clue about my local office though.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eswiz said:
Passed my test today.

Now I have to wait for the oath. 8)
Congratulations, Eswiz! Also, good luck to Zearus and BobyM on your test!

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Friends,

By living in both cities Toronto & Vancouver one by one I found that both cities are expensive now in everything. Beside that now too much competition in job market due to fragile economy and high number of immigration. You guys have any idea that which other small cities are better in Canada to start a new family life.

Thanks

My time line is as under: Now I am waiting for my test letter

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Friends,

By living in both cities Toronto & Vancouver one by one I found that both cities are expensive now in everything. Beside that now too much competition in job market due to fragile economy and high number of immigration. You guys have any idea that which other small cities are better in Canada to start a new family life.

Thanks

My time line is as under: Now I am waiting for my test letter

Citizenship

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Hi Mark_Anna. We have the same processing start date. :) May I ask what was this additional info that CIC req'd? I hope you weren't RQ'd.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi aed,

Because my old name was complicated in spelling, I made it short & sweet that's why need to provide them "Name change" certificate with 2 provincial photo id with new name. Because of those extra formalities my file was late. Hopefully now very soon I will get test letter. Right now I am residing in Vancouver.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hi aed,

Because my old name was complicated in spelling, I made it short & sweet that's why need to provide them "Name change" certificate with 2 provincial photo id with new name. Because of those extra formalities my file was late. Hopefully now very soon I will get test letter. Right now I am residing in Vancouver.
So all is well then. :)

ETA: I haven't called CIC about my local office yet. All this time waiting on the line... Meh... I live 80 km northwest from Toronto, so for now I'm trying to guess. I'm picturing Mississauga office in my head. Anybody from this region? :)

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SoonToBeCanadian said:
So still no nes from Scarborough office... :'(
Has your received line disappeared yet? Did you talk to CIC about your local office? :)

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi friends,

Except Metropolitan area of Canada (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary) which other small size cities or towns are good to start a new life with family. I heard Alberta is good for job, savings & expense.

Any suggestion !?

Thanks

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Mark_Anna said:
Hi friends,

Except Metropolitan area of Canada (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary) which other small size cities or towns are good to start a new life with family. I heard Alberta is good for job, savings & expense.

Any suggestion !?

Thanks
If you have money (net worth AT LEAST over 10 million), Vancouver is the best place to be. If you want to work or start business, Toronto is the best place. Don't live in small cities, things are actually more expensive, services are slow and bad, less infrastructures, schools are non famous, and buying power is very low.
I heard wages in AB is higher, things are cheaper, but COMPARED TO VANCOUVER. Keep in mind that in AB, most of the times it is snowing in summer, let alone the winter.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Don't live in small cities, things are actually more expensive, services are slow and bad, less infrastructures, schools are non famous, and buying power is very low.
I heard wages in AB is higher, things are cheaper, but COMPARED TO VANCOUVER. Keep in mind that in AB, most of the times it is snowing in summer, let alone the winter.
It really depends what "small" city we are talking about. Personally I think for a family with kids, smaller town is better, but it's just my opinion. I moved out of Toronto and live now in a small town, but with a good infrastructure and services (con - high taxes). So no, not all small cities/towns are the same. Other thing is, you might have to commute to work. Alberta is not so cheap. I have friends living there. Yes, salaries are higher on average, but the cost of living is much higher than in Ontario as well. And BLT is right, all this shoveling!