+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Applicants

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zearus said:
anyone know how many guest i can take to attend my oath ceremony ? is there a limit... i want my wife + my parents to attent ... can i take them all ? or just my wife
I don't think there's a limit :) For sure you can take your parents and friends. :D

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Why don't you wait until you have gotten the citizenship, then change your name? It's an unnecessary delay now.
Well if you live in Vancouver around, then your office will be Vancouver. Langley could be Surrey though. I'm in West Van, definitely Vancouver.
Vancouver is so fast now. About the name change. I didn't want to have a delay, so I'm going to do that after the oath. :)

Flying high

May 27, 2014
I got my oath ceremony this morning and am so proud to become Canadian citizen. My immigration journey ended up today.
This forum helped me a lot and i want to thank every one. Wish you all a speedy process.

Below is my timeline.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 3, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 27, 2014.

We sent you a notice on September 15, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 6, 2014 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flying high said:
I got my oath ceremony this morning and am so proud to become Canadian citizen. My immigration journey ended up today.
This forum helped me a lot and i want to thank every one. Wish you all a speedy process.

Below is my timeline.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 3, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on September 15, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 6, 2014 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
Congratulations, Flying high! :D

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Flying high said:

Below is my timeline.

Big Congratulation Flying High.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation Flying high! Best of luck with your journey as a Canadian citizen...

Flying high said:

Below is my timeline.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi, BLT & aed,
No I already changed my name and now it is also appear on their e-cas system. So I am not late, now I am only waiting for their test letter.

BLT you are right Surrey is a bit cheaper than vancouver but too much crime. Alberta is doing well, some of my friends and my spouse's friends went to Alberta and they don't have any complaints regarding jobs, savings, house affordability, etc........ Except snow ha ha ha

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Mark_Anna said:
Hi, BLT & aed,
No I already changed my name and now it is also appear on their e-cas system. So I am not late, now I am only waiting for their test letter.

BLT you are right Surrey is a bit cheaper than vancouver but too much crime. Alberta is doing well, some of my friends and my spouse's friends went to Alberta and they don't have any complaints regarding jobs, savings, house affordability, etc........ Except snow ha ha ha
Like I said, Vancouver is only good if you have lots of money. I heard wages in AB is higher and cost of living is lower. For instance, housing is half price of Vancouver.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Yes BLT,

When you are new in this country, when they will not recognize your foreign credential, when you have to support your family (Wife-kids) than Alberta kind of place is good. I saw many people well set here in Vancouver because they came 25/50 years ago but those who are recent immigrants should try Alberta.

My many friends went to Alberta but because of natural beauty, no 1 position, good weather I stayed in Vancouver but now I realize you have to be a multi millionaire in this expensive city.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
When you are new in this country, when they will not recognize your foreign credential, when you have to support your family (Wife-kids) than Alberta kind of place is good.
That's just it. Maybe you need to think about the job market too. What opportunities each province will give you and your family. Do you want to work for the big oil industry? Then you will feel at home in Alberta. :) But, if you're thinking bio-pharma, financial and IT-tech sectors, then your answer is GTA, or Quebec for the former. What about schools, universities etc? I think there are more factors to consider than the salary & cost of living. Definitely, I would go small. Choose a smaller city and commute to work. It would allow you to save a lot on housing. Good luck.

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marren said:
Hi ,
any news from those applying from Montreal ?
Thanks
I haven't heard anything.. this is my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 3, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on June 3, 2014.

When I called CIC to check on my change of address at the end of August, the agent told me that my file has been transferred to Montreal..

What is your timeline ?

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to update..

I just wrote the test (19/20) and had my interview. The test was a bit trickier than I thought, particularly True/False questions; I thought all would be multiple choices but about half of them were T/F. Anyway, the test took about 14 mins and then I waited for about an hour or so to be called for the interview. The interview was straightforward and took about 5-10 mins. All the interviewers were young, polite, and friendly. I had my work records, education records, CBSA report, tax notices, etc. However, to my surprise, the interviewer did not even ask to see or verify them. I was not lucky enough to be given the oath letter at the interview, but was told it would be mailed to me within a month.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
BobyM said:
Just to update..

I just wrote the test (19/20) and had my interview. The test was a bit trickier than I thought, particularly True/False questions; I thought all would be multiple choices but about half of them were T/F. Anyway, the test took about 14 mins and then I waited for about an hour or so to be called for the interview. The interview was straightforward and took about 5-10 mins. All the interviewers were young, polite, and friendly. I had my work records, education records, CBSA report, tax notices, etc. However, to my surprise, the interviewer did not even ask to see or verify them. I was not lucky enough to be given the oath letter at the interview, but was told it would be mailed to me within a month.
Congrats Boby M. Hopefully you will get your oath invites soon. What is your local office?

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. It's Mississauga.

poushi24 said:
Congrats Boby M. Hopefully you will get your oath invites soon. What is your local office?