Sept 10, 2016
Hi All,

I wanted to post my time line

Per ECAS:
Received application - April 25, 2013
AOR - April 25, 2013
Started processing - July 19, 2013
Local office - Calgary

I had sent an email via the Case Specific Enquiry - Citizenship and got the following response:
"Good morning,

A review of our electronic citizenship system indicates that your application has been transferred to the Calgary office for processing. All of your clearances have been passed and a testing appointment should be scheduled for you in the next 2 – 6 months.

Please note, that processing times vary from office to office and the current processing time for routine citizenship applications is 25 months."

I suppose that is some good news. It says that they're going to get a testing appointment in 2-6 months. Is the the Citizenship test? When will they do my interview? Anyone from Calgary care to share their experience?

Thanks!
V

jaeco

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
how do you send in email via the Case Specific Enquiry - Citizenship? What is the email address? Thanks

Intel

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2005-09
Med's Request
2009-08
Med's Done....
2009-10
Passport Req..
2010-05
VISA ISSUED...
2010-06
LANDED..........
2010-07
jaeco said:
how do you send in email via the Case Specific Enquiry - Citizenship? What is the email address? Thanks
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Calgarian_SW

Jan 20, 2014
Vizzynuts said:
Hi All,

I wanted to post my time line

Per ECAS:
Received application - April 25, 2013
AOR - April 25, 2013
Started processing - July 19, 2013
Local office - Calgary

I had sent an email via the Case Specific Enquiry - Citizenship and got the following response:
"Good morning,

A review of our electronic citizenship system indicates that your application has been transferred to the Calgary office for processing. All of your clearances have been passed and a testing appointment should be scheduled for you in the next 2 – 6 months.

Please note, that processing times vary from office to office and the current processing time for routine citizenship applications is 25 months."

I suppose that is some good news. It says that they're going to get a testing appointment in 2-6 months. Is the the Citizenship test? When will they do my interview? Anyone from Calgary care to share their experience?

Thanks!
V
Great news Vizzynuts!
I do have similar timeline with you and also live in Calgary
Application Received: Apr 22, 2013
In Process: Jul 8, 2013

Vizzynuts

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 30, 2016 - more wedding pictures and cohab info
AOR Received.
June 17, 2015
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
August 24, 2015
Med's Request
Remed request - August 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Done and sent with application
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 9, 2016
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2016
Calgarian_SW said:
Great news Vizzynuts!
I do have similar timeline with you and also live in Calgary
Application Received: Apr 22, 2013
In Process: Jul 8, 2013
Awesome news! Hopefully we can keep each other posted. It would be nice to have some positive news before April. Its unfortunate that the Calgary office (and indeed most Western provinces' office) are so slow.

Oh well. Good luck to you.

V

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian24 said:
Hello All,

For those who applied in April and got an RQ and a notice to prepare, have you got any test dates?

Thx
Not yet, but I requested an ATIP and my FOSS and RCMP clearances are done...I'll wait two more weeks and request a Case Specific Enquiry

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
FL1040 said:
Not yet, but I requested an ATIP and my FOSS and RCMP clearances are done...I'll wait two more wees and request a Case Specific Enquiry
I requested a CSE no answer yet, I think will call them tomorrow. Getting frustrated when hear the word "Immigration".

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
What is the FOSS?
I believe the FOSS is the verification of all your departures and entries to Canada according to the CSBA, they compare that to the abseneces you reported in the application.

I requested an ATIP from CIC and got it in about three weeks, I requested one from CBSA and I a still waiting for it

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
FL1040 said:
I believe the FOSS is the verification of all your departures and entries to Canada according to the CSBA, they compare that to the abseneces you reported in the application.

I requested an ATIP from CIC and got it in about three weeks, I requested one from CBSA and I a still waiting for it
thanks for the info. CBSA report took 41 days until I received it and was accurate. All entries were correct and they specify the Airport at which you arrived to of each trip. (Calgary, Toronto Vancouver etc.)

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
FL1040 said:

I went to CBSA branch here in St John's and they told me they have only access to my entries and NOT my departures. I doubt the FOSS gets the departure part.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
FL1040 said:

FL1040....I got this answer from a different thread but thought I would copy paste it to share with you all

Basically, citizenship process implies receiving several types of clearances before you can proceed to testing. If one of these clearances expires during any stage up until oath (they're generally valid for 1 year), CIC will have to re-request them even if you've passed them once already.

The clearances are:
1) RCMP-- clearance from police.
2) FOSS-- clearance from repository of people wanted by Immigration (e.g. with deportation order on them).
2) CSIS-- Canadian secret service-- ATIP field will be always left blank regardless of clearance status since it's "classified" info.

What's the specifics of the rest (immigration, request security, criminal) and how they're different from ones above I don't know, but they're along the same lines (maybe some internal CIC clearances).

Clearances are sent by CIC to corresponding agencies in batches, e.g. for 50-100 persons at once. Seems you have RCMP and criminal clearances either not completed yet or already expired after a year and in process of being re-requested now.

RCMP clearance is usually a fast one (maybe days to couple-several weeks) until there a new backlog formed recently.

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
FL1040....I got this answer from a different thread but thought I would copy paste it to share with you all

Basically, citizenship process implies receiving several types of clearances before you can proceed to testing. If one of these clearances expires during any stage up until oath (they're generally valid for 1 year), CIC will have to re-request them even if you've passed them once already.

The clearances are:
1) RCMP-- clearance from police.
2) FOSS-- clearance from repository of people wanted by Immigration (e.g. with deportation order on them).
2) CSIS-- Canadian secret service-- ATIP field will be always left blank regardless of clearance status since it's "classified" info.

What's the specifics of the rest (immigration, request security, criminal) and how they're different from ones above I don't know, but they're along the same lines (maybe some internal CIC clearances).

Clearances are sent by CIC to corresponding agencies in batches, e.g. for 50-100 persons at once. Seems you have RCMP and criminal clearances either not completed yet or already expired after a year and in process of being re-requested now.

RCMP clearance is usually a fast one (maybe days to couple-several weeks) until there a new backlog formed recently.

My ATIP report says the FOSS and RCMP clearances are completed (passed) and valid until October 2014, both were requested in October last year. :)