Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
COPR arrived 5th Dec & will do landing on 8th Dec.
Steph C said:
Can you flagpole and get them to stamp it again?
Apparently the dates have to match exactly so that the COPR stamp and your passport stamp are the same? I can't help but feel like I have been given the run around!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Canuckwannabe said:
Apparently the dates have to match exactly so that the COPR stamp and your passport stamp are the same? I can't help but feel like I have been given the run around!
Go back to Service Canada and hope that lady has her day off?

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
COPR arrived 5th Dec & will do landing on 8th Dec.
Steph C said:
Go back to Service Canada and hope that lady has her day off?
Haha! Yep, either that or avoid her at all costs!!

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Could someone tell me what does SSA immigration section does? Thanks in advance

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Fencesitter said:
Landing went extremely smooth! Immigration officers were great. The only negative was the rep from C.A.N.N. I told him I have already researched everything and can handle all the important stuff for my wife (SIN, banking, child tax credit, etc). We were all extremely tired after a 14 hour journey, so we didn't want to waste time with things we already knew about. He was quite annoyed with that...saying..."So you know what to do...for example?"...I wanted to slap him, but I was too tired to be bothered arguing with him.

Anyways, all was good and it only took a few minutes. The immigration officer was impressed with the excel sheets I prepared for the B4...he said we probably got the visa very quickly based on how well the B4 forms were completed...I told him 3 months for the visa...he laughed and said he thought so...

My parents also finally got to meet my son...very touching moment in the hotel lobby.

Now all we need to do is return to China for about 6 months to wrap everything up, get the PR card, and fly home in the summer.

It's been a great experience and we are both very satisfied with the whole process.

Good luck to those who are still waiting...

Next is citizenship...

FS
FS, I have been wondering about your wife's landing! I am really happy to hear it went smoothly. I bet your parents were so emotional to meet your son. Have a great time!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Sweden said:
Update - got my PR card today! :) all bright new and shiny... wishing everybody who is waiting the same luck!
Sweden
Congratulations!!!!

I'm still waiting to land. Over here in NL and there really are no borders here to flagpole. We're moving to ON next week. On our way there, there are lots of places to Flagpole. Should be doing it on Thursday or Friday next week if the weather is kind to us!

:)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
bonitanita said:
Congratulations!!!!

I'm still waiting to land. Over here in NL and there really are no borders here to flagpole. We're moving to ON next week. On our way there, there are lots of places to Flagpole. Should be doing it on Thursday or Friday next week if the weather is kind to us!

:)
Almost done! it's finally the end of the process for you! good luck on flagpole - but more so - on the move! where in ON will you be going to?

ivelinan

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Plateau Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr-24-2012
File Transfer...
Aug-03-2012
Med's Done....
May-13-2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
Feb-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb-18-2013
LANDED..........
Feb-18-2013
:p FINALLY THE PPR ARRIVED TODAY !!!!! :p :p :p :p

As I was sitting on the comp dealing with my emails, the CIC message popped up so innocently that I could not register what I'm seeing for a second... but then it hit me and I screamed so suddenly my dog freaked out and ran out of the room whimping... lol, poor beast :p

They asked for a scan of the US passport and the Certificat de Selection de Quebec. I attached and emailed them back so fast that the agent replied (also immediately) saying "That is all we need for now, thank you. And impressive response time by the way." ROFL ...... They have made overachievers out of us 8) Should I expect an employment offer from them soon? hahahaha

But it was so cool though, emailing back and forth directly with the man behind the curtain (This is the guy who is deciding my fate. I know his agent number from my previously requested report). It almost felt like we're buddies and everything is good with the world.

Now for another few weeks of waiting.... I'm actually going to start job hunting to get ahead of the game. I still can't believe it...

BTW, does anyone know if there is an office in the city of Montreal that serves as a "point of entry" or do I absolutely have to go out of Canada and re-enter again (once I get the COPR)?

proco

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-April-2012
Doc's Request.
09-October-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
20-July-2012
Med's Done....
16-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Twice! 05-November-2012 & 19-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-March-2013
LANDED..........
30-March-2013
ivelinan said:
:p FINALLY THE PPR ARRIVED TODAY !!!!! :p :p :p :p

As I was sitting on the comp dealing with my emails, the CIC message popped up so innocently that I could not register what I'm seeing for a second... but then it hit me and I screamed so suddenly my dog freaked out and ran out of the room whimping... lol, poor beast :p

They asked for a scan of the US passport and the Certificat de Selection de Quebec. I attached and emailed them back so fast that the agent replied (also immediately) saying "That is all we need for now, thank you. And impressive response time by the way." ROFL ...... They have made overachievers out of us 8) Should I expect an employment offer from them soon? hahahaha

But it was so cool though, emailing back and forth directly with the man behind the curtain (This is the guy who is deciding my fate. I know his agent number from my previously requested report). It almost felt like we're buddies and everything is good with the world.

Now for another few weeks of waiting.... I'm actually going to start job hunting to get ahead of the game. I still can't believe it...

BTW, does anyone know if there is an office in the city of Montreal that serves as a "point of entry" or do I absolutely have to go out of Canada and re-enter again (once I get the COPR)?
Congrats!

I am in MTL as was wondering the same thing. The closest land border is Champlain, NY I believe but am curious if you could just go to the offices at the airport.

I hope your PR comes quicker than its been taking for me. My PPR came in early November also asking for my certificat de Selection de Quebec and stating no interview required and I've still heard nothing. Honestly I thought I was the last American waiting from April. Maybe it's something to do with Quebec that might be holding up the process. Good luck to you!

satya_6680

Feb 5, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2008
Doc's Request.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
30-12-2012
Med's Request
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
04-12-2012
Passport Req..
29-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
landed soon...
proco said:
Congrats!

I am in MTL as was wondering the same thing. The closest land border is Champlain, NY I believe but am curious if you could just go to the offices at the airport.

I hope your PR comes quicker than its been taking for me. My PPR came in early November also asking for my certificat de Selection de Quebec and stating no interview required and I've still heard nothing. Honestly I thought I was the last American waiting from April. Maybe it's something to do with Quebec that might be holding up the process. Good luck to you!
Congrts frds...

CdnRNUSN

Star Member
Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9 2013
AOR Received.
July 20 2012
File Transfer...
July 31 2012
Med's Done....
March 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 9 2013
Hummmmm.....any advice? Or do i just need to chillll....

PPR jan 9 and scanned the next day. Checked ecas last week and it changed to decision made (not exactly sure when it did change though) Does anyone know how long it takes to actually get something in the mail?

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
I would go back and try again. If they still refuse you a SIN card, I guess you'll have to wait. You should be receiving your card by the end of the month.

Canuckwannabe said:
Hello everyone!

I havent been online a while but I was hoping someone may be able to offer some advice! I landed on Dec 8th and after Christmas I went to Service Canada to get my SIN number (I have already had a SIN number issued since 2009 with working visas, so have tax returns etc) the lady at the office said she had to refuse me a SIN number due to the fact that when the border officer processed my landing he forgot to stamp my passport. He stamped the COPR but apparently this is not enough? So I have called ever number I could think of and I keep getting told that no one has heard of this issue, and so they dont know what to suggest besides waiting for my PR card at which time service canada said they will issue the SIN number! This is so frustrating as I really need to earn some cash, and I am also still climbing the walls at home! lol.

So I was wondering if anyone else has come across similar problems? Have people received their PR cards and is the online time guide realistic or not. I am not getting any answers from service canada, cic or canada border services, so I am hoping someone here may be able to offer some advice or reassurance!

Happy New Year to everyone!! :D

ivelinan

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Plateau Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr-24-2012
File Transfer...
Aug-03-2012
Med's Done....
May-13-2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
Feb-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb-18-2013
LANDED..........
Feb-18-2013
proco said:
Congrats!

Yes i've noticed your long wait.. it's so weird. We were late for 2 reasons, my hubs had issues with renewing his PR card. It took a year where it should have taken a couple of months, but him not having a valid pr card paused our process. And then number 2, we had sent them a CD with pics which they returned without taking the pics out so they said they had no proof of relationship. Overall i estimate those 2 issues set us back about 3 months.

But what could be holding up the issue of a CORP for a visa exempt peson i cannot imagine. Did they not ask you for a copy of your passport? Maybe you can send them that anyway to the same email...

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
It took about 2 weeks from our decision made to COPR in the mail :)

CdnRNUSN said:
Hummmmm.....any advice? Or do i just need to chillll....

PPR jan 9 and scanned the next day. Checked ecas last week and it changed to decision made (not exactly sure when it did change though) Does anyone know how long it takes to actually get something in the mail?

proco

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-April-2012
Doc's Request.
09-October-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
20-July-2012
Med's Done....
16-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Twice! 05-November-2012 & 19-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-March-2013
LANDED..........
30-March-2013
ivelinan said:
Yes i've noticed your long wait.. it's so weird. We were late for 2 reasons, my hubs had issues with renewing his PR card. It took a year where it should have taken a couple of months, but him not having a valid pr card paused our process. And then number 2, we had sent them a CD with pics which they returned without taking the pics out so they said they had no proof of relationship. Overall i estimate those 2 issues set us back about 3 months.

But what could be holding up the issue of a CORP for a visa exempt peson i cannot imagine. Did they not ask you for a copy of your passport? Maybe you can send them that anyway to the same email...
I actually got my request for my CSQ in early October and then my PPR in early November. So I did send them an email with a scan of my passport. The only other thing I had going on was in August I applied for a tempory resident visa (visitors record) and actually received it in early December when I was expecting my COPR. I've emailed them twice now with no reply. I think my next move is to get my notes. Do you know how to go about that? I hear it only costs $5 as well?