+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<APRIL 2010 Applicants >>>>>>>

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asif ghouri said:
thanx mitali ur quick response. Dear Saki what would u like to say bcz u r going to submit ur documents in near future. i have the best wises for u.
Hi Asif,

Many applicants are facing problem in getting the university envelope even though it is in checklist but if you send it without university envelope you wont be rejected on this basis atleast your degree is attested by HEC and you can mention this in your cover letter that you were unable to get university envelope, or other option is ask university that you have hired a consultant and he will be sending the documents so ask them to send it to your consultant and give the address of any of your friend this might work otherwise dont worry if you cant.

Cheers
Saki

goinggoinggone

Dec 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done in Mar 2010 (score 8.5)
raufatif said:
Dear Saki and mitali and anyone else who can answer this...
Plz help me with police clearance certificates. I lived in USA for 4 yrs and in UK for 1 year. How do i get police clearance certificates? I have seen the FBI website and it says tht u must get the finger prints done form some agency. But currently i am in saudi Arabia and i dnt knw where to contact. I have tried calling American embassy but the silly guy told me to go to ABU DHABI and get them done from ther. Does tht makes any sense?
Anyone can help me?
My situation demanded that I produce 10 police certificates - India - 2, Singapore - 2, US Fed - 2, US CA - 2, US GA - 1, UK - 1. Following was my experience:

Every Police Commissioner (or equivalent) has a CID (or equivalent) department. This dept has several sections - Crime Branch, Special Branch, Finger-Printing Branch, Cyber Crime Branch, Economic Offences WIng ec. These are the names giventothe branches and sections at the Mumbai Police Commisionerate. Your region may have different names but the tasks may be same or similar.

We got ourselves finger-printed by the officers at the Finger Printing branch of the CID section
at the Mumbai Police Commisionerate. They have an official fee but the way things work here, one
has to shell out "chaai-paani", which we had to.

These guys have their own format for taking finger-prints. In our case, their format was accepted
by Singapore, UK an US Fed. Singapore, UK and US Fed promptly sent in the PCCs. UK was the slowest.
Singapore the fastest. US Fed somewhere in-between!!

Their format was REJECTED by US - CA and US - GA. Our application for PCC from these two states
was returned back along with blank FD-258 cards.

We took these blank cards back to the Finger-printing section and got ourselves finger-printed on
the FD-28 cards all over again and sent these to US-CA and US-GA authorities.

I have received the PCC from GA. The PCC ws CA was sent but was lost in transit. They have sent
copies which I may receive by this weekend.

I hope that helps.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi goinggoinggone,

You really have been GOING places!!!

Thanks for the input ...certainly very helpful.

Mitali

rnaaz

Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2010
HI all,

Iam still waiting . And my DD is still outstanding. :'(
As told by saki I am suppose to wait as the CIC is looking at April end applications.And mine recived on april26th
The last time we spoke to CIC was on 22nd july and they said they are processing April23rd applications.
Iam loosing hopes plz advice.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rnaaz said:
HI all,

Iam still waiting . And my DD is still outstanding. :'(
As told by saki I am suppose to wait as the CIC is looking at April end applications.And mine recived on april26th
The last time we spoke to CIC was on 22nd july and they said they are processing April23rd applications.
Iam loosing hopes plz advice.
Hi Rnaaz,

Did you check with your bank recently like today or yesterday about your DD ? see if they have to return your application they would have done so by now as rejection comes quicker than AOR. You will definetly get good news this week dont loose hope.

CheerS
Saki

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goinggoinggone said:
My situation demanded that I produce 10 police certificates - India - 2, Singapore - 2, US Fed - 2, US CA - 2, US GA - 1, UK - 1. Following was my experience:

Every Police Commissioner (or equivalent) has a CID (or equivalent) department. This dept has several sections - Crime Branch, Special Branch, Finger-Printing Branch, Cyber Crime Branch, Economic Offences WIng ec. These are the names giventothe branches and sections at the Mumbai Police Commisionerate. Your region may have different names but the tasks may be same or similar.

We got ourselves finger-printed by the officers at the Finger Printing branch of the CID section
at the Mumbai Police Commisionerate. They have an official fee but the way things work here, one
has to shell out "chaai-paani", which we had to.

These guys have their own format for taking finger-prints. In our case, their format was accepted
by Singapore, UK an US Fed. Singapore, UK and US Fed promptly sent in the PCCs. UK was the slowest.
Singapore the fastest. US Fed somewhere in-between!!

Their format was REJECTED by US - CA and US - GA. Our application for PCC from these two states
was returned back along with blank FD-258 cards.

We took these blank cards back to the Finger-printing section and got ourselves finger-printed on
the FD-28 cards all over again and sent these to US-CA and US-GA authorities.

I have received the PCC from GA. The PCC ws CA was sent but was lost in transit. They have sent
copies which I may receive by this weekend.

I hope that helps.
It is very interesting to see long list of PCC. But I am just wondering that why are you getting 2 PCCs from most of the countries like India - 2, Singapore - 2, US Fed - 2....

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tukku78 said:
i have a quick question.do we have to get degree verification which says bachelor is equivalent to us bachelor?i have copy of verification since i am on h1 in usa.can anyone verify?
This is indeed an interesting question. UK HSMP requires this degree Equivalency verificivation but didnt hear about Canada or Australia for this thing. Guys any thoughts or any previous experience of such thing??

goinggoinggone

Dec 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
IELTS Request
navali said:
It is very interesting to see long list of PCC. But I am just wondering that why are you getting 2 PCCs from most of the countries like India - 2, Singapore - 2, US Fed - 2....
Hi Navali,

Its very simple, 1 for my wife and 1 for myself :D

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
landed 24-May2015, Decision made 22-2-2019. Next Oath
Dear all, I want to know about the procedure for Police varification? and do I need to get PVC for my wife too bcs I am also claiming her degree points?

goinggoinggone

Dec 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
IELTS Request
murtazaabbasi said:
Dear all, I want to know about the procedure for Police varification? and do I need to get PVC for my wife too bcs I am also claiming her degree points?
Hello murtazaabbasi,

The general procedure for almost all countries is the same. There might be some differences here and there. If you can bemore country-specific, may be I can throw some more light on your issue(s).

You need to get your spouse's PCC only if your spouse has lived abroad in another country for a period of 6 continuous months or more after having attained the age of 18.

Hope that helps.

tukku78

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Guys can anyone help me with my question?
"do we have to get degree verification which says bachelor is equivalent to us bachelor?i have copy of verification since i am on h1 in usa.can anyone verify?Also is it required for spouse as well who is the secondary applicant?"

goinggoinggone

Dec 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
IELTS Request
tukku78 said:
Guys can anyone help me with my question?
"do we have to get degree verification which says bachelor is equivalent to us bachelor?i have copy of verification since i am on h1 in usa.can anyone verify?Also is it required for spouse as well who is the secondary applicant?"
Not sure if the first question is well-understood. You ask if you have to get the degree verified. Then you say that you already have a copy of verification. Not sure what is the issue.

About the other issue: If you have claimed points for your spouse's education, then you will need your spouse's education transcripts.
Not sure what "verification of degree" means. Since you have already got yours verified, please share it others so that we all can benefit.

tukku78

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
goinggoinggone said:
Not sure if the first question is well-understood. You ask if you have to get the degree verified. Then you say that you already have a copy of verification. Not sure what is the issue.

About the other issue: If you have claimed points for your spouse's education, then you will need your spouse's education transcripts.
Not sure what "verification of degree" means. Since you have already got yours verified, please share it others so that we all can benefit.
Thanks for your response.I apologize for the confusion.My question is:
I did my Bachelor of Engineering from India.I currently work in USA on H1b.On H1b it is mandatory to get your bachelor verified which means "India Bachelor=USA Bachelor".There are agencies who do this verification.I however do not have this verification for my spouse.His bachelor is from India as well.I wanted to know if this verification is required for co-applicant/spouse as well?

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tukku78 said:
Thanks for your response.I apologize for the confusion.My question is:
I did my Bachelor of Engineering from India.I currently work in USA on H1b.On H1b it is mandatory to get your bachelor verified which means "India Bachelor=USA Bachelor".There are agencies who do this verification.I however do not have this verification for my spouse.His bachelor is from India as well.I wanted to know if this verification is required for co-applicant/spouse as well?
It is actually not verification. It is called "Equivalence " which is very common for UK HSMP where different authorized agencies give equivalence certificate that ur degree attained in ur home country is equivalent to foreign degree.

I think it is not required for Canada immigration purpose.