+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2009 Manila Outlanders

jambaloni

Star Member
Dec 23, 2008
Updated

April 3rd, 2009 - Application Fedexed to CPC Mississauga
April 7th, 2009 - Application Received by CPC Mississauga
April 28th, 2009 - “Decision Made” and file sent to Manila according to e-CAS.
April 29th, 2009 - First able to logon to e-CAS.
May 1st, 2009 - Received sponsorship approval letter.
May 14th, 2009 - Manila began processing the application according to e-CAS.
May 18th, 2009 - e-CAS changed from "Not Available" to "In Process".
May 25th, 2009 - AOR letter received with request for wife and daughters passports.
May 26th, 2009 - Passports sent via LBC to Manila.
May 27th, 2009 - Passports received by Manila.

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
Re: Any April Outlanders waiting on CPC-Mississauga?

the gov. is famous for taking thier sweet time,I'd wait a bit as they usually take some time to notify people of application statuses-good luck

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Mine sent March 31, 2009 & received April 1, 2009.
Process time is 35 days.

jambaloni

Star Member
Dec 23, 2008

They are processing applications up to March 20th. They say 35 days but rarely does it actually take that long.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

All depends on each application and the way they are presented.
Don't forget there was Easter Holidays that you have to take into account.
First step pretty much most aapplicants are approved.
The 2nd part is the most critical that everyone is this forum seems to worry about.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008

jambaloni said:
They are processing applications up to March 20th. They say 35 days but rarely does it actually take that long.
Hi Jambaloni,

They usually take about two weeks to process Step 1 in the Family Class application - barring any blatant obvious issues or items missing. I think they tell individuals 30 -3x days is due to volume, and to circumvent lots of applicants calling say the day after their application has been received, to inquire on its status.

Assuming you have all of your paperwork in place as requested, I think 2 weeks is a safe bet. If you are a recent immigrant yourself ...your file will be tracked under YOUR existing client id [8 digit number] and you can actually track your file that way on e-cas, or via the telephone automated service (actually the latter is the fastest way to find out, and is updated first).

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

jambaloni I've placed a call to CPC-Mississauga and they confirmed that they are still working on application received last week of March 2009.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008

MARLENA said:
jambaloni I've placed a call to CPC-Mississauga and they confirmed that they are still working on application received last week of March 2009.
I put my application in on the Last week of March 2009, and I got my response in the early second week of April, 2009. Again, if you have a client id from your existing immigration file [landed immigrant or citizenship] you should be able to gain information on your file through the telephone automated system, within two weeks time.

All CIC officials will not generally check the status of an application, until the website posted time has elapsed, and will even tell you so on the phone....This was discussed in the March Thread as well; however, if you have a client id you will get information much quicker. Marlena, you probably have a client id from your own citizenship case, and could probably check your file using that by calling 1-888-242-2100, and going through the automated system, as you are in Canada.

Cheers :D

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Actually I'm going by receipt number. Perhaps I should use my Citizenship# or my husband Id # since he already came as a visitor.
But thanks Rasha for the info.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008

MARLENA said:
Actually I'm going by receipt number. Perhaps I should use my Citizenship# or my husband Id # since he already came as a visitor.
But thanks Rasha for the info.
Receipt number will take forever... when searching for the step one, look under the Sponsor's id, not your husband's - as his part [step 2] is not yet in process. And yes your citizenship # (or Permanent Residence id#) is a client id number, and you can search with that.

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008

I sent my application to CPC-M on April 7th.
Received April 15th.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Julchen they received your application but have you received your status online.

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008

Hi Marlena,

No that was just the confirmation from Canada Post - I sent it via Express Post - but I guess because of the Easter break it still took a while.

I assume it will now take quite a while until we hear something official. Probably not before the sponsorship approval? I heard it takes for ever for them to have the sponsor part added to Ecas? We'll see. After CPC-M the entire application is supposed to go to Buffalo.

Thanks,
Julie

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008

Well I sent mine in middle of march and it showed up on ECAS 2 weeks later to the day and I called them to ask them if I was approved and they said I was and gave me my client ID # and as RASHA has stated with this client ID# you can do the automated part and it tells you when your file was transferred to the local office :) Receipt number is just for the beginning after this you should log in with client ID#'s or your file # which we will get when you receive AOR.. The website is a general idea of their processing times.. not word in stone.. if you are really concerned after a few weeks call.. btw.. when I had submitted our file it said on the website processing was 32 days and most of us around this time took 2 - 3 weeks for approval

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Julchen did you receive anything??
Mine was updated today and it was approved :0).
Good luck.