+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved visa but medical expired

abhishekinbox

Jul 5, 2021
@Abhishek1991 and @phaijalkhan - guys what's the latest on this ? My wife's closed work permit was approved in Jan 21, but she has not been able to travel yet. She is slated to travel in July.

She received an email from IRCC on 19th May that her medicals have expired and may need to get new ones. When we contacted the physician - we were told that we need a new IME and IMM 1017E form. We have written to IRCC multiple times, but unable to get new IME and form. How did you go about this situation ? Did your physician also asked for a new IME and 1017 form ?
Hi, It was a the same situation with me, however the physician started the Upfront Medical Exam (June 2021) and I gave that, however not sure how the new upfront Medical will be re-associated with the existing work permit that has the expired Medical.

Any update will be highly appreciated.

abhishekinbox

Jul 5, 2021
This is because Upfront medicals are shut in India. Hence we will have to wait for the IME request form. @Abhishek1991 was able to do it because he did upfront when it was open.

My original query still remains. Can we get passport stamped with an expired medical? They will not refuse it right? Also @Abhishek1991 did you have to raise a webform after giving medicals for them to update it? or it happened automatically within a month. Did you also receive a letter saying you can travel now that the medical is updated?
Pasport stamping will be done it has nothing to do with the medical, however counterfoil will be invalid and you can't travel to Canada until you give the re-medical either through upfront medical or the issued IME number, CIC didn't issue IME numbers, so your best bet is to give the upfront medical which are open in India since 25/June/2021.
Fill out a webform and attach the medical sheet as proof that you gave the upfront medical and associate it with the Worker Permit ID.

Also if you go for re-medical they will ask for Vaccination information, it's not mandatory to be vaccinated but full vaccinated travellers are exempt from mandatory hotel stay and quarantine upon arival.

Also make sure you get vaccinated by a vaccine that is on the approval list from Canadian authorities (Covisheild)

selyagirl

Aug 16, 2023
Any updates on this?my son got his LOI the visa is valid until nov 22, 2025 but his medical validity is only until Aug 15,2023? Can he travel Canada using this LOI ?or we need to wait for a new one?