+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved visa but medical expired

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
So my spouse work visa is approved but medical expired. Will her passport be stamped without it?

Unfortunately upfront medical is shut in India.

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
So my spouse work visa is approved but medical expired. Will her passport be stamped without it?

If visa is already approved, medical not required again. The medical which is done is for viza and not used for travel.

You now need to only bother about other travel formalities like RTCPR test For covid and other formalities. Hope this information helps.

Please note that if IRCC wanted medical again, they would have asked for it. Hence relax and submit your passport for stamping as per instructions

Abhishek1991

Sep 7, 2020

I am not so sure. I got my visa stamped in December and got a email from IRCC in April (Medicals done march 2020) saying that the medicals is expired and I cannot travel to Canada. I did my medicals and it got approved after a month.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Without renewed medicals we can't travel to Canada. That is for sure. My question is whether they will refuse to stamp the passport without it. From what I've seen, they won't hopefully. But I think I'll need to get the medicals done before travelling or the border officer will refuse to give me a proper visa. They can give me a temp visa for like a month till I finish my medicals and reapply. This can be a beaucratic nightmare.

If visa is already approved, medical not required again. The medical which is done is for viza and not used for travel.

You now need to only bother about other travel formalities like RTCPR test For covid and other formalities. Hope this information helps.

Please note that if IRCC wanted medical again, they would have asked for it. Hence relax and submit your passport for stamping as per instructions

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
You can tweet tagging IRCC and hopefully they will reply within 1 week..
I called them and they said I'll have to do the medicals. Stamping shouldn't be a problem but my counterfoil will be deactivated till I get my medicals renewed.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
What is the timeline of her SOWP?? U both applied togther??
I am actually in canada. My wife is in India. We didn't apply together. I got my visa in Jan, thats when she applied. She got it approved in April on the day I flew to Canada.

gbindra

Jun 10, 2021
@Abhishek1991 and @phaijalkhan - guys what's the latest on this ? My wife's closed work permit was approved in Jan 21, but she has not been able to travel yet. She is slated to travel in July.

She received an email from IRCC on 19th May that her medicals have expired and may need to get new ones. When we contacted the physician - we were told that we need a new IME and IMM 1017E form. We have written to IRCC multiple times, but unable to get new IME and form. How did you go about this situation ? Did your physician also asked for a new IME and 1017 form ?

Reactions: abhishekinbox

Abhishek1991

Sep 7, 2020
@Abhishek1991 and @phaijalkhan - guys what's the latest on this ? My wife's closed work permit was approved in Jan 21, but she has not been able to travel yet. She is slated to travel in July.

She received an email from IRCC on 19th May that her medicals have expired and may need to get new ones. When we contacted the physician - we were told that we need a new IME and IMM 1017E form. We have written to IRCC multiple times, but unable to get new IME and form. How did you go about this situation ? Did your physician also asked for a new IME and 1017 form ?
I don’t remember anything about IME form. I had contacted Apollo hospitals in Chennai, and they only asked for my passport number, and asked me to bring previous medical history. I am not sure if I filled up an IME form in the hospital. the procedures were almost the same as my first medical test.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023

This is because Upfront medicals are shut in India. Hence we will have to wait for the IME request form. @Abhishek1991 was able to do it because he did upfront when it was open.

My original query still remains. Can we get passport stamped with an expired medical? They will not refuse it right? Also @Abhishek1991 did you have to raise a webform after giving medicals for them to update it? or it happened automatically within a month. Did you also receive a letter saying you can travel now that the medical is updated?

Last edited:

Abhishek1991

Sep 7, 2020
This is because Upfront medicals are shut in India. Hence we will have to wait for the IME request form. @Abhishek1991 was able to do it because he did upfront when it was open.

My original query still remains. Can we get passport stamped with an expired medical? They will not refuse it right? Also @Abhishek1991 did you have to raise a webform after giving medicals for them to update it? or it happened automatically within a month. Did you also receive a letter saying you can travel now that the medical is updated?
I raised a webform after 1 week of giving my medicals and sought their acknowledgement. Yes, I received a letter after 1 month saying that I can travel now as I have a valid medical examination result in my file.

I am not sure about getting passport stamped with expired medical, better to connect to IRCC for this.

023aswin

Dec 23, 2019
I raised a webform after 1 week of giving my medicals and sought their acknowledgement. Yes, I received a letter after 1 month saying that I can travel now as I have a valid medical examination result in my file.

I am not sure about getting passport stamped with expired medical, better to connect to IRCC for this.
Hi, how does it take to get your medical updated in the portal ?

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023

Hey @Abhishek1991 so i have been checking on twitter and there are many who did not get their medicals updated even after raising multiple web forms since 2-3 months now. Since you are the only person i am aware who was able to get it done in a month, I wanted to understand what you did right. I have my medical exam tomorrow.
Did you raise a generic webform or a webform directed specifically to your visa processing office. Like in my case NDVO? Is that it?

Its just a guess but maybe they updated yours after your webform because your passport is stamped already? Most of these people including dont have their passports stamped due to the lockdown. Hoping once our passports are stamped things would move faster.

Last edited:

abhishekinbox

Jul 5, 2021
I am not so sure. I got my visa stamped in December and got a email from IRCC in April (Medicals done march 2020) saying that the medicals is expired and I cannot travel to Canada. I did my medicals and it got approved after a month.
I received a similar email in May 2021 and gave upfront medical again in June 2021, How will the new upfront medical will be associated with my existing WP that is due to expire in Dec 2021, Did you get any IME number for Medical? or you also gave the Upfront Medical and the DR sent the e-medical to the CIC for processing?

Your response will be highly appreciated