+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

approved trv visa can be stamped in other country

mrs.majid

Dec 5, 2015
Yes, you can submit it to the VAC in the country you're visiting. Or it may be possible to mail your passport directly to the visa office if it is allowed for that country.

Do keep in mind the time required for passport transmission + your actual stay in that country before you submit your passport there
Thanks alot for your kind reply, it would be really greatfull if you can send and official link stating the same information as i get confused after talking to a cic agent, who told me that if i applied from inside canada so they supposed to get my passport in ottawa office for stamp.
And i planned to stay for two months in Pakistan that's why i was thinking of this option. Also, i checked like its not possible to send passport internationally.
I really appreciate your time and effort. Thanks alot.

mrs.majid

Dec 5, 2015
Hinshare ur experience please
I applied for TRV application from inside canada on 15 nov and after passping normal processing time i emailed both on enquiry and CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca(kindly read online how to email them rightly as you have to mention your application number in subject and other information in the body of your email)
So, after sending email i finally got passport request on 30 nov(forgot to mention i flew to pakistan on 21 nov) and sumbited my passport along with the confirmation letter at Lahore VAC and my processed passport has been returned so i am gonna collect it soon. (Plus you may have to pay some fees for courier service to send your passport to IRRC office which VAC office will take care of)
I hope this information helps you. If your destination country is other than Pakistan then kindly check at your local VAC office how much they take time for stamping.

Nov 30, 2018
Thanks for ur reply i applied on 16 nov when the process time was 19 days, so far no reply and on 21 I am traveling to US, if they will stamp it in a week so i will drop my passport there else need to submit it in jeddah at return...
Thanks

ag344q

Jan 25, 2019
Yes, you can. You must contact the relevant India visa office (after you get a passport request) to allow you to submit your passport at the nearest VFS.

It could take 7-10 days (if there are no holidays) to get your passport back.

You will get a refusal letter. You will have to reapply

Medicals are generally not asked for visitors (short length of visit)
I got my visitor record extension completed till march 2020 however my TRV application (filed within Canada) is still under review by CIC and I need to go to India for some urgent work next week. Can I get my TRV stamped in INDIA?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I got my visitor record extension completed till march 2020 however my TRV application (filed within Canada) is still under review by CIC and I need to go to India for some urgent work next week. Can I get my TRV stamped in INDIA?
Your new TRV can be stamped in India. You must email both CPC-Ottawa and your local visa office in India to inform them that you would like to submit your passport for stamping in India

sravaniT

Jan 18, 2019
Your new TRV can be stamped in India. You must email both CPC-Ottawa and your local visa office in India to inform them that you would like to submit your passport for stamping in India
my case is similar to the above one.
so, when I submit my passport for stamping in India, should I also submit additional forms like IMM 5257e, IMM5707 etc..

ms shabbir

Jan 11, 2013
Only your passport + VFS consent form + VFS fees
Just a quick question should my mom also have to fill vfs consent form?? Even though she going to mail the passport through courier to Australian vac while application being submitted from Citizenship country(pakistan)??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just a quick question should my mom also have to fill vfs consent form?? Even though she going to mail the passport through courier to Australian vac while application being submitted from Citizenship country(pakistan)??
Will your mom mail her passport when she is still in Pakistan to the Melbourne VAC?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No,she will once she will get to Adelaide,SA to Melbourne vac office as she will be leaving be mar 3rd to Australia
She needs to submit the VFS consent form.

To clarify:
1. Your mom cannot mail her passport directly to the Sydney visa office. She has the option to mail or submit her passport in-person to the Melbourne VFS/VAC

2. Also, it would be best to call the Melbourne VFS first as there have been changes to the services and fees

ms shabbir

Jan 11, 2013
She needs to submit the VFS consent form.

To clarify:
1. Your mom cannot mail her passport directly to the Sydney visa office. She has the option to mail or submit her passport in-person to the Melbourne VFS/VAC

2. Also, it would be best to call the Melbourne VFS first as there have been changes to the services and fees
Ok great thank you :)

Hadii

Feb 6, 2021
Hi All,

I have applied for work permit/TRV from Singapore and currently I am waiting for my application processing time. I have applied on 1st Dec 2020, it has been 2 months or so. I have completed the Biometrics as well as Medical steps in Singapore.
Now due to some family urgency, I need to visit Pakistan, and probably due to COVID situation I may stuck there for a while. Meanwhile if I get the passport request 1) can I get the visa stamping in Pakistan? 2) Should I update my address as well?

Please advice on this?
Many thanks and appreciate your response.