+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved TRV Questions

IR0NMAN

Mar 2, 2018
Category........
FAM
Good day, I have many questions about TRV, I applied my Parents and brother and they got approved.

Questions are
1. I stated on the application that they will stay for 1 month, but can I extend it? They say most of TRV are valid for stay up to 6 months.

2. Should I buy a roundtrip ticket even though I don’t know yet how long the possible length they can stay in canada cause I heard the length of stay here is determined once you landed already.

3. Can my parents and brother have different return dates? My parents wants to go home after a month but I would like my brother to stay for around 6 months.

Thank you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
1. Sure

2. Yes, round-trip is recommended or else the BIR official might try to question them at NAIA, and the airline might also deny them to board without a return ticket.

3. Yes

Best not to have your brother mentioning to the CBSA officer that he intends to stay for 6 months.

IR0NMAN

Mar 2, 2018
Category........
FAM
1. Sure

2. Yes, round-trip is recommended or else the BIR official might try to question them at NAIA, and the airline might also deny them to board without a return ticket.

3. Yes

Best not to have your brother mentioning to the CBSA officer that he intends to stay for 6 months.

Just a clarification for the second question, if I’ll buy a roundtrip ticket, is it safe to bug a 6 month duration ticket?

Thank you

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Just a clarification for the second question, if I’ll buy a roundtrip ticket, is it safe to bug a 6 month duration ticket?

Thank you
I've never experienced that myself, but common sense would tell me no, that's not safe. Do so at your own risk.

Harshulk

Jul 19, 2019

Thank you
I recommend you buy only one month return ticket and buy the which can be extended as I went to USA and I did mistake and the give me limited stay of one month because of that so don’t buy long back buy early and you can extend as USA and Canda got to know all when you bored your flight from where you coming so don’t do that mistake just buy short return and you can get your brother ticket refund after he clear with airport or extended remaining is in your hand that is what I can refer you with my experience to USA

Harshulk

Jul 19, 2019
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If your brother is applying for a student visa his chances are much better applying from home. He needs to prove that he has strong ties and will return home. Having you in Canada is already a negative for his file. Young people staying for 6 months also creates concerns that people are working illegally.