+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved PR Soft landing: Boarding denied by airlines (in USA) as travel was not cleared by the Canadian officials

aheerakar

Jun 14, 2020
Hello Team,

Me and my family Planned a soft landing as we have approved Canadian CoPR's valid till 07/14/2020. Our travel was planned from the United States to Canada on 06/13/2020 to complete the landing process as canadian government is allowing PR applicants who were approved before March 2020. We got our approval in Jan, 2020.

During the check in process at the airport, the airlines agent was trying to get travel clearance from the Canadian officials (This was the explanation given by the agent) . As per the agent, the Canadian officials cleared travel for my kid & me but din't clear the primary applicant that is my wife. The agent tried multiple times and at a point they also denied to clear me for travel.

When asked, the agent said that the officials on the Canadian end mentioned that my wife is a resident of the US (Which is not true we both are on H1, our kid is a citizen of the US). Finally, they said our PR has been revoked and we need to get with IRCC via webform. It is really frustrating. One week back, my wife got the status change email from IRCC and when logged into the account, it was observed that "APPROVED" status was changed to "IN PROGRESS" status. We did some research and read posts that it is a technical glitch and somebody had the same status change and it was corrected in few days automatically.

It is really confusing and irritating that after approval and after getting visas stamped, the travel was not cleared and hearing all strange answers.

Finally we were not cleared to travel to Canada though our PR was approved in JAN 2020 and Canadian visas Valid till 07/15/20120.

We called canadian border security to understand the scenario. However, they said it is not in their hands and IRCC can help which is open only on weekdays(8AM - 4PM). We are going to call IRCC on Monday(06/15/2020) and also filled webform by attaching our CoPR and stamped visa. Please let me know what can be done in this scenario

sincere thanks
ABi

fzindani

Star Member
May 5, 2015
canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
16-11-2018
Nomination.....
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-03-2019
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-09-2019
Med's Done....
06-16-2019
Hello Team,

Me and my family Planned a soft landing as we have approved Canadian CoPR's valid till 07/14/2020. Our travel was planned from the United States to Canada on 06/13/2020 to complete the landing process as canadian government is allowing PR applicants who were approved before March 2020. We got our approval in Jan, 2020.

During the check in process at the airport, the airlines agent was trying to get travel clearance from the Canadian officials (This was the explanation given by the agent) . As per the agent, the Canadian officials cleared travel for my kid & me but din't clear the primary applicant that is my wife. The agent tried multiple times and at a point they also denied to clear me for travel.

When asked, the agent said that the officials on the Canadian end mentioned that my wife is a resident of the US (Which is not true we both are on H1, our kid is a citizen of the US). Finally, they said our PR has been revoked and we need to get with IRCC via webform. It is really frustrating. One week back, my wife got the status change email from IRCC and when logged into the account, it was observed that "APPROVED" status was changed to "IN PROGRESS" status. We did some research and read posts that it is a technical glitch and somebody had the same status change and it was corrected in few days automatically.

It is really confusing and irritating that after approval and after getting visas stamped, the travel was not cleared and hearing all strange answers.

Finally we were not cleared to travel to Canada though our PR was approved in JAN 2020 and Canadian visas Valid till 07/15/20120.

We called canadian border security to understand the scenario. However, they said it is not in their hands and IRCC can help which is open only on weekdays(8AM - 4PM). We are going to call IRCC on Monday(06/15/2020) and also filled webform by attaching our CoPR and stamped visa. Please let me know what can be done in this scenario

sincere thanks
ABi
I am sorry to hear that u had to go with all this chaos. But why would they refuse to let you board if u are citizen of states. I do understand u arent not but why are they stopping states people for landing? My husband is travelling from india at the end of june he has his copr for before 18th march which exempts him but i am the primary applicant in canada and hasnt done my landing yet. Wonder if they would let him fly before i get my landing done

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello Team,

sincere thanks
ABi
Its so sad to hear its such a frustrating time please update us if you any further information on this

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
I am sorry to hear that u had to go with all this chaos. But why would they refuse to let you board if u are citizen of states. I do understand u arent not but why are they stopping states people for landing? My husband is travelling from india at the end of june he has his copr for before 18th march which exempts him but i am the primary applicant in canada and hasnt done my landing yet. Wonder if they would let him fly before i get my landing done
You mind if i ask when is your COPR expiring and which is your local visa office.?

As per rule dependant cant travel before principal applicant got their Landing done.!!

aheerakar

Jun 14, 2020
Guys, Any information on this is appreciated. Anybody experienced this scenario? Anyone's status changed to "In Progress" after having stamped Visa and CoPR?

aheerakar

Jun 14, 2020
Finally, I am able to contact the IRCC agent. She mentioned that because I submitted the web form last month checking for possibility of extension of dates due to COVID, they cancelled my existing CoPR. She asked me to fill another web form stating that I can travel now and request for the reissue of CoPR.

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Finally, I am able to contact the IRCC agent. She mentioned that because I submitted the web form last month checking for possibility of extension of dates due to COVID, they cancelled my existing CoPR. She asked me to fill another web form stating that I can travel now and request for the reissue of CoPR.
Well its strange if you have valid COPR they shouldnt done this way but now hope for the best that you will get your COPR quickly.. pleasr update once you will get it so that we also know how much time it occur to re-issue COPR.

aheerakar

Jun 14, 2020
Well its strange if you have valid COPR they shouldnt done this way but now hope for the best that you will get your COPR quickly.. pleasr update once you will get it so that we also know how much time it occur to re-issue COPR.
Sure, I will.
If anyone has queried about the possible extension of CoPR expiry but planning to travel, please let them know that you are willing to travel through the webform.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Everything I have read recently, due to Covid-19 indicates that if persons with a valid COPR notified CIC of an inability to travel/land due to restrictions that their COPR is effectively 'put on hold' until travel bans are lifted. At that point in time, CIC reactivates, or issue a new COPR thereby negating that need for newly minted PR's to have to reapply and go through the entire process again.

aheerakar

Jun 14, 2020
I got this reply today from ircc. I kept three different requests. First web request was as soon as i was not able to check in at the airport and this is the reply for the first one.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

My second request was attaching my documents and My third request was to reissue my CoPR suggested by one of the IRCC agents on the call. I consider my third request as the main one as i already got to know what happened with my application and asked for the Reissue. Not sure if they considered 2nd and 3rd requests as the reply is like this for both of them.

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on June 19, 2020, took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request.

aheerakar

Jun 14, 2020
I got this response from IRCC agent.

Dear client,

Due to COVID 19, COPRS were extended and will be assessed when all restrictions are lifted and when CPC-O will be processing passports.

You may continue to correspond with this email regarding your application.

Not sure what it means. Can someone help. Does this mean we can travel now?

aheerakar

Jun 14, 2020
I asked if we can travel or not. Got this reply.

Dear client,

No your CoPRs have been cancelled as of today, you will not be able to travel with these documents. When your approval is re-instated you will have to send your passports for processing to received new valid documents. Only then will you be able to travel.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would get GCMS notes as well if I were you. Just to make sure there is nothing else there. And technically you will be only finally approved as PR once the immigration officer and you will sign your COPR during the landing process. So technically they can revoke it at any time.