+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

Ram_83

Sep 19, 2018
Latest Status

Aug 27th - Applied Online.
Aug 31st - Approved and request for Passport submission
Sep 13th - Sent Passports directly to CIC Ottawa with Return label and invoice printed. (return Label was scheduled to be picked up on 18th , Yesterday)
Sep 14th - Passports delivered at Ottawa.
Delivered at : 2303 STEVENAGE DR OTTAWA, ON K1A1L1
Signed By :
J.SCHUTTER.
Sep 21 - Received update that Application is approved.

Return tracker not yet activated.

Any one has an idea basis their experience that how much time does it takes to receive the passports back ?

Ram_83

Sep 19, 2018
Update :
I received the response to my e mail today saying that the passports have not yet sent as the outgoing mailing address is not matching the one they have in their records and they have sent an e mail to me apparently asking me to update the mailing address. I have responded to the email with my US Home address which I mentioned in the application and my US Office address that I used for sending the passports back. I did not receive any e mail hence have asked if they could resend the e mail or treat my response as the validation.

Much of the conversation happened during late evening on Friday (today) so Hopefully I will get a favorable response by Monday !

Anyone could guide me if I need to follow some other procedure.

Thanks

[

QUOTE="Ram_83, post: 7259255, member: 796279"]Latest Status

Aug 27th - Applied Online.
Aug 31st - Approved and request for Passport submission
Sep 13th - Sent Passports directly to CIC Ottawa with Return label and invoice printed. (return Label was scheduled to be picked up on 18th , Yesterday)
Sep 14th - Passports delivered at Ottawa.
Delivered at : 2303 STEVENAGE DR OTTAWA, ON K1A1L1
Signed By :
J.SCHUTTER.
Sep 21 - Received update that Application is approved.

Return tracker not yet activated.

Any one has an idea basis their experience that how much time does it takes to receive the passports back ?[/QUOTE]

Edwardc

Oct 24, 2018
Hi everyone, I just want to let you guys know about the processing time , immediately you send your passport it will takes 8 to 10 or 15 days to get your passport back to you .

rogrid

Sep 13, 2018
Indian citizen living in Ireland.
Application country : Ireland
Visa : Tourist
Application sent to : Canadian embassy in London, UK
Application date : 29-Aug-2018 (online application)
Passport request : 15-Oct-2018
Passport submission : 16-Oct-2018 (via post to London, UK)
Passport returned to Ireland via post: (25-Oct-2018)

The application processing time is ridiculously long. Although I missed my original trip because of late processing I am glad to get a 9 year visa. I would strongly advice people applying from Ireland to send their applications at least two months prior to intended travel dates.

Oct 31, 2017
Hi all,
I have sent my passport to NYC center on October 30 and it was received on October 31 for visitor visa. Received an email confirmation that my package was received and signed. The center is closed and not accepting new applications from November 1. I am yet to hear back from them on tracking updates. Can someone help me by sharing the helpline number or enquiry email of the NYC center to keep track of my passport? Pls help!!!
Thanks,
Suja

Last edited:

aganish97

Nov 23, 2018
Online Application Date from Miami, FL - 14th November
Passport Request Date - 20th November
Passport Delivery date by FedEx to Ottawa Location - 22nd November

aganish97

Nov 23, 2018
Hi all,
I have sent my passport to NYC center on October 30 and it was received on October 31 for visitor visa. Received an email confirmation that my package was received and signed. The center is closed and not accepting new applications from November 1. I am yet to hear back from them on tracking updates. Can someone help me by sharing the helpline number or enquiry email of the NYC center to keep track of my passport? Pls help!!!
Thanks,
Suja
You should use the contact us option on the website where you applied for visa and submit a query online, they respond.

cp37

Aug 4, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am new to this thread. I was about to apply online for my mother's TRV. I had filled out forms, validated, created the bar code, printed the forms and then had my mom sign it.

Then I tried uploading the signed forms (in a scanned pdf format). The system did not accept it.

Looks like I just have to fill out the forms,validate, create the bar codes and upload the forms as is without printing, signing and scanning them?

I think while submitting online you have to just provide digital signature by entering your name in a later step?

Am I correct? Looks like you just have to upload the validated forms (with bar codes) and NOT physically sign the forms?

Can anyone please confirm?

aganish97

Nov 23, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am new to this thread. I was about to apply online for my mother's TRV. I had filled out forms, validated, created the bar code, printed the forms and then had my mom sign it.

Then I tried uploading the signed forms (in a scanned pdf format). The system did not accept it.

Looks like I just have to fill out the forms,validate, create the bar codes and upload the forms as is without printing, signing and scanning them?

I think while submitting online you have to just provide digital signature by entering your name in a later step?

Am I correct? Looks like you just have to upload the validated forms (with bar codes) and NOT physically sign the forms?

Hi Guys,

Yes you are correct, the system will not accept physically signed forms. You just have to use Adobe Reader to fill the forms, validate them to generate the barcodes and then save the filled form on your computer and upload that. When you have uploaded all the documents you will get option to proceed to the next step, at that time you will be digitally signing it.

cp37

Aug 4, 2014
Yes you are correct, the system will not accept physically signed forms. You just have to use Adobe Reader to fill the forms, validate them to generate the barcodes and then save the filled form on your computer and upload that. When you have uploaded all the documents you will get option to proceed to the next step, at that time you will be digitally signing it.
Thank you
Thank you.

That being said. Not All forms have bar codes on them. For example:- IMM5645 (Family Information), IMM5476 (Use of Rep) - should these 2 forms also not be signed?

The only 2 forms that have "Validate" Button are IMM5257 & Schedule 1 to IMM5257. In fact only IMM5257 creates bar codes. Schedule 1 has the validate button but doesn't create the bar codes.

I am really confused about what to do about IMM5645 (Family Information), IMM5476 (Use of Rep)?

Can you please advise?

aganish97

Nov 23, 2018
Thank you

Thank you.

That being said. Not All forms have bar codes on them. For example:- IMM5645 (Family Information), IMM5476 (Use of Rep) - should these 2 forms also not be signed?

The only 2 forms that have "Validate" Button are IMM5257 & Schedule 1 to IMM5257. In fact only IMM5257 creates bar codes. Schedule 1 has the validate button but doesn't create the bar codes.

I am really confused about what to do about IMM5645 (Family Information), IMM5476 (Use of Rep)?

Can you please advise?
Those two forms also do not require any physical signature, the validate button is only used to check if all the requires information have been filled, its okay if it does not create barcode. The one digital signature that you will be doing in the next step is applicable to all forms and documents.