+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

floundering

Aug 6, 2018
Can anyone advise on how long it can take?
The NY Consulate generally takes one or two working days to stamp the visa itself (in my experience and as per the updates they post on Facebook), so once its 'Under Consideration' it shouldn't take very long for the passport to be couriered back to you. You should get it back early next week or possibly even by the end of this week if the VAC is efficient.

lakhams

Aug 7, 2018
Thank you. The status got updated that application is in transit to VAC. I called the VAC center in New York to check if its approved or not and they mentioned I wont know it until it is mailed back to me. I still have to wait :( and wont know if I have got approval or denial

floundering

Aug 6, 2018
I called the VAC center in New York to check if its approved or not and they mentioned I wont know it until it is mailed back to me.
Once the visa is stamped your online account status changes to 'Approved', so be sure to check that. In any case, it is extremely rare for the IRCC to send a passport request and not print the visa, so in all likelihood the VAC should dispatch your passport with the visa by tomorrow. Best wishes.

shahidfaizee

Feb 20, 2018
Did anyone send their passport to CPC-Ottawa instead of sending it to NY or LA VAC? If so how many days do they take in processing the visa stamp?

havery0890

Aug 13, 2018
what is the fee for processing the application (online submission from US - tourist visa). I sent a money order of $37.89 ( one of my friend had applied for the same and send a personal check of $37.89 which they rejected because of personal check, they did reject the money order which i sent) now the status is Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration. Any Insights of what's going on exactly?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I have cruise reservations for August 18th (Alaska cruise with one day halt at British Columbia) and still waiting for approval of my trv request. Online submission with passport submission to VAC New York. Can anyone advise on how long it can take? I am on H1-B status in aUS.

My timeline thus far,
24-Jul-2018: Online Application Submission
24-Jul-2018: Submission Confirmation
26-Jul-2018: Passport Request
28-Jul-2018: Sent the package to NY VAC (USPS Priority Express)
30-Jul-2018: USPS tracking shows package delivered
1-Aug-2018: Tracking number from VAC received by E-mail
3-Aug-2018: Passport in Transit to the Visa Office
6-Aug-2018: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration
Did you get your passport back? How long did it take VAC to send it back to you?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is the fee for processing the application (online submission from US - tourist visa). I sent a money order of $37.89 ( one of my friend had applied for the same and send a personal check of $37.89 which they rejected because of personal check, they did reject the money order which i sent) now the status is Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration. Any Insights of what's going on exactly?
A money order for 32.27 should be fine.
Why did they reject your money order? Did they return it to you?

havery0890

Aug 13, 2018
A money order for 32.27 should be fine.
Why did they reject your money order? Did they return it to you?
They Didn't reject my money order. They reject the personal check of my friend's(since it is a personal check). They accepted my money order. My application is in process ( Sent to Visa office - Under Consideration is latest update).

Reactions: bonitaellada
Aug 23, 2018
Hi,

I am currently on H1B in USA and submitted online application for Canadian TRV.
My application was approved and I got the request letter to send my original passport.

I sent my original passport along with the following documents to VAC at LA:

1. Consent form
2.Cashier's check for $32.27
3.Full contact info
4. Pre-paid return envelope from UPS
5. Request letter asking for my original passport.

I DID NOT send the original cashier's check to the LOCKBOX.
Is that a problem?

VAC LA states the following:

If you are mailing your application, you will be sending TWO SEPARATE PACKAGES. One to the LOCKBOX and one to the Visa Application Centre.

PACKAGE ONE will be sent to the lockbox with your VAC payment (draft, check, etc.). Lockboxes located in Boston and Dallas.

PACKAGE TWO will be sent to the Visa Application Centre with your application, passport, supporting documents, Visa application payment if applicable and copy of the VAC fee payment sent to the lockbox. VACs located in Los Angeles and New York.

This does not apply to me as my application has already been approved and all am doing is sending my passport????

Please help me out in understanding the process and let me know If I should have sent the Cashier's check (towards Passport delivery/e-application service and not for VAC processing fee) to the LOCKBOX.

Thanks,
Sridhar

Ram_83

Sep 19, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am presently on J1 Visa in US, Here is my timeline for applying visitor Visa for Canada for myself, My wife and my daughter.

Aug 27th - Applied Online.
Aug 31st - Approved and request for Passport submission
Sep 13th - Sent Passports directly to CIC Ottawa with Return label and invoice printed. (return Label was scheduled to be picked up on 18th , Yesterday)
Sep 14th - Passports delivered at Ottawa.
Delivered at : 2303 STEVENAGE DR OTTAWA, ON K1A1L1
Signed By :
J.SCHUTTER.

No Update till now. The return label has not yet activated. I have tried to reach CIC but not possible through phone. I have sent the query through e mail and using webfom.

Could anyone please guide on the next steps?

Regards,

Ramit

ITZKRISH

Sep 12, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am presently on J1 Visa in US, Here is my timeline for applying visitor Visa for Canada for myself, My wife and my daughter.

Aug 27th - Applied Online.
Aug 31st - Approved and request for Passport submission
Sep 13th - Sent Passports directly to CIC Ottawa with Return label and invoice printed. (return Label was scheduled to be picked up on 18th , Yesterday)
Sep 14th - Passports delivered at Ottawa.
Delivered at : 2303 STEVENAGE DR OTTAWA, ON K1A1L1
Signed By :
J.SCHUTTER.

No Update till now. The return label has not yet activated. I have tried to reach CIC but not possible through phone. I have sent the query through e mail and using webfom.

Could anyone please guide on the next steps?

Regards,

Ramit
Considering weekend after passport delivered, its been only 3 working days... for VISA stamping and return it might take 5-10 working days...
its too early to raise web form... wait till Monday , Iyou will receive passports soon....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ram_83

Ram_83

Sep 19, 2018
Thanks, That's reassuring. I am concerned since I read many people getting their passports back within 2-3 days hence feeling a bit anxious

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
Applied for TRV for In-laws in early September.
Today we got passport back with visitor visa.

Application date:- 3rd sep 2018
Application type:- Paper application
Application office:- VFS Bangalore
Application approved:- don’t know exact date
Passport recovers:- 25th sep 2018
Visa valued till 2027.