+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

Ivavujisic

Dec 6, 2017
Hey guys, passport was received by Immigration on the 28th Nov but still no response. I was wondering if you have to get a message on your cic account saying your passport has been received or that’s only for PR?
I’m traveling on the 22nd of december and i need that passport before then. It use to take 7 business days to get it but reading all these comments i have no idea what to think. And i’ve been trying to reach immigration over the phone but no luck. If anyone has any intell, please let me know. And good luck to all!! Hopefully soon we’ll all have PR and this will be one less thing to worry about.

Dec 5, 2017
Hey guys, passport was received by Immigration on the 28th Nov but still no response. I was wondering if you have to get a message on your cic account saying your passport has been received or that’s only for PR?
I’m traveling on the 22nd of december and i need that passport before then. It use to take 7 business days to get it but reading all these comments i have no idea what to think. And i’ve been trying to reach immigration over the phone but no luck. If anyone has any intell, please let me know. And good luck to all!! Hopefully soon we’ll all have PR and this will be one less thing to worry about.
Where did you submit it - which city?
What was the date of submission to vfs?

karthikgdv@gmail.com

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Applied: November 16th
Submission Confirmation: November 16th
Passport Request: November 28th
Passport sent to CPP Ottawa: November 28th
Passport delivered at CPP Ottawa: November 30th (Based on Canada post tracking)
Status showing in online: Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application.

Passport received by CPP Ottawa:
Tracker activated:

When can I expect my passport? approximate dates? Can I travel to USA without my passport(India)?

aaronsal21

Nov 24, 2017
Applied: October 18th
Passport Request: November 2nd
Passport received at CPP Ottawa: November 6th
Status changed to approved: November 24th
Tracker activated: N/A

This is my timeline. When i called them yesterday they said my passport is in the mailing room and i should probably get it next week.

Tracker activated: December 4th (6:30 pm)
Passport Received: December 6th (5:00 pm)

FedD

Nov 20, 2016
Tracker activated: December 4th (6:30 pm)
Passport Received: December 6th (5:00 pm)
Hello
Where did you call?

rhukil

Jul 8, 2016
Hi @Bryanna ,,

I just got my visa approval letter from cic today, they've asked me to send my passport along with the letter received. I don't understand where I need to send my passport. I live in Ontario and the website says I can have to send it to the US to get it stamped but the addresses provided are for Ottawa. This is so confusing. I've attached the link for reference. But do you know where I have to send my passport? I applied online.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#C

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna ,,

I just got my visa approval letter from cic today, they've asked me to send my passport along with the letter received. I don't understand where I need to send my passport. I live in Ontario and the website says I can have to send it to the US to get it stamped but the addresses provided are for Ottawa. This is so confusing. I've attached the link for reference. But do you know where I have to send my passport? I applied online.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#C
If you have a valid study permit or WP then mail your passport to CPC-O for TRV stamping

Ohng

Oct 18, 2017
Online Transit Visa
Final Timeline:
Thu, 26 Oct 2017 - Submitted an Online Application (in the evening)
Mon, 30 Oct 2017 - Got the Passport Request
Thu, 9 Nov 2017 - Sent the Passport by priority registered mail via Deutsche Post to Vienna Visa Office
Mon, 13 Nov 2017 - Received by Vienna Visa Office
Tue, 14 Nov 2017 - Passport sent back by registered mail
Wed, 15 Nov 2017 - CIC Status updated and Counterfoil Visa issued
Mon, 4 Dec 2017 - Passport returned to sender (Vienna) due to insufficient address. I think it was the error by the Deutsche Post since I always receive the mail in this address
Wed, 6 Dec 2017 - Passport sent again by Vienna Visa Office
Fri, 8 Dec 2017 - Got the pick up card
Sat, 9 Dec 2017 - Got my passport back in time for the upcoming vacation on 16 Dec 2017

The Vienna Visa Office did Visa Stamp and send the mail very very fast.

NJIDEKS

Dec 11, 2017
My timeline
Application Submitted Online - November 13th
Status Changed to “Approved” - November 24th
Passport Request - November 24th
Passport Sent - November 25th
Passport Received by CPP - November 28th
Tracker Activated - Not yet

Just worry about if it is possible to get my passport back by December 22nd....
everything is exactly the same for me. Including the passport received date and I also plan on travelling on the 23rd, i am freaking out at this point. Please let me know if you get yours!

Cicidaya

Dec 8, 2017
Timeline:
Application: Nov 9
Passport request: Nov 20
Passport received by CIC-Ottawa: Nov 24
Status changed: Dec 11 (JUST NOW!!!!!)
Canada post tracking: N/A

Flight-------December 16th!!!!!!!!!!! It's a game of heartbeat.

Anyone with the same timeline have received their passport?

jaaa

Dec 11, 2017
Timeline
Application: Nov 15
Passport Request : Nov 23
Passport Received by CIC Ottawa: Nov 27
Status Changed to Approved: Dec 9th
Canada post tracking: N/A

Flight is December 19th!!!!!

I called the IRCC and they said that my passport is still on the queue for my visa to be printed and that during this time it usually takes 4 weeks from the day they received your passport to be mailed back to you. I've been trying not to panic and hoping for the best, well i advice everyone that haven't gotten their passport back to at least consider changing their flight or consider changing their flight as a back up plan.

Panicking won't really help us atm

Vijay2003

Nov 30, 2017
Here is my timeline.
Application Submitted: 9th Nov 2017
Status changed to approved: November 22nd
Passport Request: 22nd Nov 2017
passport sent on 24th Nov 2017
passport received by CPC Ottwaa on 27th Nov 2017
passport return ?
Before Dec 22nd is it possible?

Princi13

Dec 5, 2017
Do you guys think Visa’s office will be closed last week of December?
I have applied on NOVEMBER 16th , i have sent passport which delivered there by Dec 4th still waiting for the updates. And i am travelling 20th of January. Really this is so annoying.

Vijay2003

Nov 30, 2017
My timeline
Application Submitted Online - November 13th
Status Changed to “Approved” - November 24th
Passport Request - November 24th
Passport Sent - November 25th
Passport Received by CPP - November 28th
Tracker Activated - Not yet

Just worry about if it is possible to get my passport back by December 22nd....
You will get Tracker activate today :)