+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

Angad S

Nov 8, 2017
I applied TRV for my wife in India, through a lawyer and I was told that the processing time is 35 days. it has now been much over that and we have had no updates since we applied. Is this normal, should i be worried?

TRV applied - Sept 25th
No updates after that. The lawyer has asked for a follow-up but there has been no response on that either. I am really frustrated. Is there anything that I could do to find out the status of my wife's application.

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Passport Request - Oct 20th
Asked for change of Visa Office from Ottawa to NY
New Passport Request - Oct 26th
Passport Submitted at VAC by hand - Nov 2nd (received tracking number immediately with the submission receipt)
Current status (Nov 8th) - Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration

I'll be updating everyone as soon as I receive any updates. Request everyone to please do the same.

chandupatla

Nov 6, 2017
My postal tracking got activated last night and I will be receiving passports back in a day or 2
Awesome! if its overnight shipping then you should get it today. also, you can do Informed delivery in USPS to let you know if they are arriving today or tomorrow

EhhCanada

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Awesome! if its overnight shipping then you should get it today. also, you can do Informed delivery in USPS to let you know if they are arriving today or tomorrow
its a priority I don't see any estimated delivery date on any additional info on informed delivery yet, so I have to change my travel plan accordingly.

elpepe

Nov 9, 2017
Hello Guys, just wanted to say that this has been a good source of information. I am in a very similar application than many of you are. I am traveling to Japan through Canada next nov 22, but since I am from Latin America I need a visa to change flights in Canada.
The NYC vac received my passport on Monday Nov 6 (I applied online and they needed my passport to complete the process) I am a little worried if I will be able to receive my passport by the time that I have to travel, specially because I have commitments that I cannot re-schedule (I am getting married over there and we cannot reschedule the wedding)
What has been your experience? as of today for me the tracking system says "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"

I know the website suggests 10 to 15 working days to complete the process, but this is way too much for my time frame, if you can share your experiences I would be grateful thanks a lot!
(will let you know if I receive any updates of course)
I am very stressed and in desperate mode because of this

EhhCanada

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello Guys, just wanted to say that this has been a good source of information. I am in a very similar application than many of you are. I am traveling to Japan through Canada next nov 22, but since I am from Latin America I need a visa to change flights in Canada.
The NYC vac received my passport on Monday Nov 6 (I applied online and they needed my passport to complete the process) I am a little worried if I will be able to receive my passport by the time that I have to travel, specially because I have commitments that I cannot re-schedule (I am getting married over there and we cannot reschedule the wedding)
What has been your experience? as of today for me the tracking system says "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"

I know the website suggests 10 to 15 working days to complete the process, but this is way too much for my time frame, if you can share your experiences I would be grateful thanks a lot!
(will let you know if I receive any updates of course)
I am very stressed and in desperate mode because of this
Firstly Congratulations!!

For me excluding the postal times the time that my passports were with VAC is from 10/27 to 11/08 which is 12 days.

I guess your passport will be shipped back to you by mid next week referring to my time frame and you will be good.

Reactions: elpepe

elpepe

Nov 9, 2017
Firstly Congratulations!!

For me excluding the postal times the time that my passports were with VAC is from 10/27 to 11/08 which is 12 days.

I guess your passport will be shipped back to you by mid next week referring to my time frame and you will be good.
Thanks for the congratS! wish I could be in a better mental place to enjoy this and not worry about this visa....
Thanks for your input too, let's keep fingers crossed!!!. An additional question, if possible to answer, what continent do you come from? (just trying to figure out if they take more time for citizens from specific countries) Thanks in advance

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 (L9 - R8.5 - S7.5 - W7)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
PPR Date: Oct 17
Passport Sent Date: Oct 19
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Oct 20
Passport Received by Office: Oct 20
MyCIC Approved Date: Nov 3
Return Tracker Activated Date: Nov 8, 2017, 18:35 Ottawa time
PP received: Nov 9, 2017

Applied for TRV within Canada, online. Processing Office: Ottawa.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Nov 10, 2017
Application Submitted online: September 27, 2017 10:43:00 a.m
Request for Passport Received: October 31, 2017 05:20:00 a.m
Passport Received at VAC NYC: 02-November-2017 12:20 PM
Current Status: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration
Anyone with a similar timeline?
I will be traveling to Mumbai via Canada on 27th November 2017.
Could any of you provide an estimate as to how many days it might take for me to receive my passport back?

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Here's our latest updates, hope this helps!

24 Oct 2017 - Passport Request
30 Oct 2017 - USPS confirmed package delivered to NY VAC
1 Nov 2017 - VAC sent tracking ID and changed status to Application Received by the VAC and then In Transit to Visa office
2 Nov 2017 - Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration
9 Nov 2017 - GCKey Application Approved
10 Nov 2017 - Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC

If the VAC sends the package out on Monday we should get it by Tuesday via USPS priority mail express :)

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Have same status in VAC, but MyCIC account finally got updated with approval, counterfoil status and expiry date of PRTD.

Passport Request - Oct 20th
Asked for change of Visa Office from Ottawa to NY
New Passport Request - Oct 26th
Passport Submitted at VAC by hand - Nov 2nd (received tracking number immediately with the submission receipt)
Nov 3rd - Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration
Nov 10th - MyCIC account updated with approval.

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
Could any of you provide an estimate as to how many days it might take for me to receive my passport back?
It is taking about 3 weeks minimum now. I'd suggest you call or email CIC at least 7-8 days before your flight.

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
Sorry, I did not see that you are applying from the U.S. The timeline I mentioned was for in-Canada applicants. Your timelines may be different.