waived
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
Deamuzzi said:
Mine was sent back (approved) to VAC on the 27th and sent back to me yesterday the 28th, in just waiting for the arrival
Me too but since the 25th of April and still waiting... im so annoyed because i thought i was going to get it by today at the latest but still showing same status on the VAC tracker and i had purchased a flight for this week end and now if by today its not received i will have to change the flight date.. but i really hope we get it before the end of the day.

dannyharry

Apr 30, 2016
Thanks to members of this forum. I got very helpful information here.

I got Canadian visitor visa for multiple entry approved. Please find below the timings.

April 12 2016 - Online application submitted
April 12 2016 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
April 12 2016 - Submission Confirmation

April 18 2016 - Original Passport Request
April 18 2016 - Original Passport and prepaid USPS Priority Express Airway mail sent to VAC NYC (Carrier:Fedex Next Day 3pm)
April 18 2016 - Money Order for VAC sent to VAC Lockbox Philadelphia,PA (Carrier:USPS priority 2 day)
April 19 2016 - Fedex showing Passport had been delivered
April 20 2016 - USPS showing money order had been delivered
April 20 2016 - Confirmation email received from VAC for passport receipt. Contains online tracking number. VAC Status: Application Received.
April 21 2016 - VAC status changed to: Passport in transit to Visa Office
April 22 2016 - VAC Status changed to "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"

April 26 2016 - CIC status changed to Closed/Approved.
April 26 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC"
April 27 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC”
April 28 2016 - USPS Received (prepaid USPS Priority Express)
April 30 2016 - USPS Delivered. Received Passport with Multiple Entry Visa

Mar 17, 2016
Help guys, I'm so confused, I've read most of this thread and still no answers.

Everyone is saying they sent the passport to the consulate in the USA but nobody mentions the country they are applying from. Is this only when you are applying from the USA? Does each country process it's own visa's or do they all get mailed to Canada/USA?

We are applying from Vietnam but the website is terrible with no clear information. MyCIC tells us to bring the passport to Ho Chi Minh City and that's it. The VFS website for Vietnam has no details on the process. It is a 5 hour trip for us to Ho Chi Minh plus hotel bookings. We just want to find out the basics because we are going there completely blind. Calling the phone number does not help.. a machine intercepts.

Submit your passport at the visa application centre

You can submit your passport(s) by mail or in person.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:

The passport request letter you received from CIC
Any applicable VAC fees, such as passport transmission fees
Check the website of your closest visa application centre (VAC) for more information:

VFS Global in Vietnam
-Does the visa get put in the passport at the VAC? Or at the embassy?
-If so, how long does it take?
-Or does the visa simply get mailed out by the VAC to another country? Singapore? Canada? USA?

We have no idea what to do and it's not a case of lack of research. The vietnam VFS website is terrible with no clear information. No mention of any USPS prepaid envelope, no mention of mailing anything or what the process is. They only list information to help you if you applied in person at the VAC. We applied online.

Echo189

Apr 28, 2016
two.wheeled@hotmail.com said:
Help guys, I'm so confused, I've read most of this thread and still no answers.

Everyone is saying they sent the passport to the consulate in the USA but nobody mentions the country they are applying from. Is this only when you are applying from the USA? Does each country process it's own visa's or do they all get mailed to Canada/USA?

We are applying from Vietnam but the website is terrible with no clear information. MyCIC tells us to bring the passport to Ho Chi Minh City and that's it. The VFS website for Vietnam has no details on the process. It is a 5 hour trip for us to Ho Chi Minh plus hotel bookings. We just want to find out the basics because we are going there completely blind. Calling the phone number does not help.. a machine intercepts.

-Does the visa get put in the passport at the VAC? Or at the embassy?
-If so, how long does it take?
-Or does the visa simply get mailed out by the VAC to another country? Singapore? Canada? USA?

We have no idea what to do and it's not a case of lack of research. The vietnam VFS website is terrible with no clear information. No mention of any USPS prepaid envelope, no mention of mailing anything or what the process is. They only list information to help you if you applied in person at the VAC. We applied online.
Unfortunately most of the information provided here are for people who applied INSIDE the United States.

What I can tell for sure is:

1a. If you apply online, you need to wait till they send you a letter of request for passport.
2a. Send your payment and your passport to VAC/Payment center.

1b. If you submit paper application, you will also need to send your payment and all documents to VAC.

The delivery method is different for each country, some may accept mail in, some require walk in only. In US, you need to send one envelope with payment to the payment center, and another envelope with your passport (or documents) to the VAC.

Try and read the instructions on the CIC page as well as the VAC website in your country.

Also, USPS stands for United States Postal Service - which of course you won't see in your country.

Updated:
Okay, I read the VAC website from your country, it seems like all Vietnamese applicants require biometrics, which mean mail in is NOT an option. Unfortunately, you will need to show up in person at the embassy.
Note:As of December 11, 2013, Vietnamese citizens between the ages of 14 and 79 must give their biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) when applying for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit.
Important Note: If you need to give your biometrics, the CVAC will collect your biometrics at the same time you submit your application. DO NOT submit your application by mail to this CVAC.

RSR123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hi All,

I Applied for Visiting Visa (TRV) Online. I am from South India side.

Online Application submitted on 13th April
Application confirmation on 13th April
Transmitted on 13th April (Processing time at the moment was 14 days)

Till date I have not received any updates from CIC. Please help me what to do in this situation ??????

Regards
Surya

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Hi all! Thank you for all the good work going around!

I applied online for Visitor Visa Applications of my family - Mom, Dad and Sibling for the purpose of my convocation ceremony at UBC in the month of May 2016. Following are the timelines:

21st April - Submitted the online application.
24th and 25th April were - weekend days.
26th April - Received passport request for all three of them and let me tell you that the passport request letter dated 23rd April, 2016.

27th April - Submitted passports at VFS Mumbai.
30th and 1st of May were - weekend days.
2nd May - CiC online applications portal displayed that all the three applications are approved:)
- Passport left the Delhi Visa Application Centre the same day.

4th May - Password couriered by Blue Dart to my place ( as we had paid extra INR 351/- for home delivery instead of pickup along with INR 580/- per application as processing fees for VFS)

ALL THE THREE OF THEM GOT A MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA FOR 10 YEARS :D

RSR123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
monish88 said:

I applied online for Visitor Visa Applications of my family - Mom, Dad and Sibling for the purpose of my convocation ceremony at UBC in the month of May 2016. Following are the timelines:

26th April - Received passport request for all three of them and let me tell you that the passport request letter dated 23rd April, 2016.

2nd May - CiC online applications portal displayed that all the three applications are approved:)

4th May - Password couriered by Blue Dart to my place ( as we had paid extra INR 351/- for home delivery instead of pickup along with INR 580/- per application as processing fees for VFS)

Did you applied online or Vistor Visa outside Canada option????

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
RSR123 said:
Did you applied online or Vistor Visa outside Canada option????
I think Iam missing something here. It was a family application with Dad as the primary applicant. Online application fees was paid in Indian Currency from India.I am not sure if you got your answer. I guess it was outside Canada application. (However, all the background and application work was done by myself) .Please feel free to ask again.

RSR123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
monish88 said:
I think Iam missing something here. It was a family application with Dad as the primary applicant. Online application fees was paid in Indian Currency from India.I am not sure if you got your answer. I guess it was outside Canada application. (However, all the background and application work was done by myself) .Please feel free to ask again.
ohhh okay I paid through my credit card and I paid $100 CAD

infinity1111

May 6, 2016
It's little bit confusing about the visa processing times and the fee that need to be paid to VAC , Let me clarify.

I applied for a visitor/tourist visa from cic.gc.ca

April 18, 2016 - Application submitted
April 28, 2016 - Passport requested by cic
May 02, 2016 - I called the VAC LA to confirm the documents that needed to be sent and the money order amount. The Documents are
1. Letter from cic
2. Original Passport
3. 2 copies of VAC Consent form
4. Copy of Money order of $30.59

All documents sent by USPS Priority mail with returned envelop.

May 04, 2016 - Passport received by VAC LA and got tracking number, status changed to Passport received, and then to passport sent to Passport office.
May 05, 2016 - Passport received by passport office -Under consideration
May 06, 2016 - Status in cic.gc.ca change to 'Application is approved'.

Waiting for my passport to arrive anytime next week.

parthnayak5487

Mar 29, 2016
monish88 said:

What was the age of your sibling?

And they got 10 yeas multiple entry visa so i want to ask there visa was expire date was beyond passport expiring date??

Thank you in advance

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Hi all,

I applied online and sent my passport to the New York VAC.

May 2- Visa was approved and application closed
May 3- Application in transit to me, No updates on the self addressed UPS envelope I enclosed

May 10- No tracking updates yet!
No whereabouts of my passport. UPS hasn't picked it up and the VAC call center doesn't seem to know what's going on. According to their system it was dispatched on May 4.

I'm worried that it's been misplaced and I'm going to NY in person tomorrow!

infinity1111

May 6, 2016
infinity1111 said:
It's little bit confusing about the visa processing times and the fee that need to be paid to VAC , Let me clarify.

I applied for a visitor/tourist visa from cic.gc.ca

April 18, 2016 - Application submitted
April 28, 2016 - Passport requested by cic
May 02, 2016 - I called the VAC LA to confirm the documents that needed to be sent and the money order amount. The Documents are
1. Letter from cic
2. Original Passport
3. 2 copies of VAC Consent form
4. Copy of Money order of $30.59

All documents sent by USPS Priority mail with returned envelop.

May 04, 2016 - Passport received by VAC LA and got tracking number, status changed to Passport received, and then to passport sent to Passport office.
May 05, 2016 - Passport received by passport office -Under consideration
May 06, 2016 - Status in cic.gc.ca change to 'Application is approved'.

Waiting for my passport to arrive anytime next week.
May 09, 2016 - Status in VAC "Application Complete, Passport in transit to VAC"
May 10, 2016 - Status " Passport in transit to Applicant from VAC"

The USPS priority mail Label is not activated yet.

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Okay, so I might have panicked a little bit but on my fourth or fifth call to the VAC, I managed to reach a supervisor who said there was an administrative "delay". They created a report for me and inquired with the VAC.

Soon after, my UPS tracking shows the package has been picked up.

Figures. ::)

tanzee said:
Hi all,

I applied online and sent my passport to the New York VAC.

May 2- Visa was approved and application closed
May 3- Application in transit to me, No updates on the self addressed UPS envelope I enclosed

May 10- No tracking updates yet!
No whereabouts of my passport. UPS hasn't picked it up and the VAC call center doesn't seem to know what's going on. According to their system it was dispatched on May 4.

I'm worried that it's been misplaced and I'm going to NY in person tomorrow!

parthnayak5487

Mar 29, 2016
Hello,

If you applied online and got a message with a letter on My CIC account requesting you to submit your passport then you need to submit the following 6 documents. You can send it to the New York or Los Angeles address. The New York office accepts passports after you have received a letter requesting you to submit your passports. However, the New York office does not accept a paper visitor visa application. The rumor that the New York office is closed is false.

Also please understand that the requirements might change over years, so call (646) 741 0130 to confirm documents and addresses before mailing out your passports.

Address to send the following documents along with the original passport:
Visa Application Centre (SP)
290 Madison Ave, 2nd fl.
(41st Street & 40th Street)
New York, New York 10017
U.S.A.
Documents
1) One copy of the letter requesting you to submit your passport
2) Two copies of the Consent Form
3) Orignal valid passport
4) Photo Copies of Cashier Check for the amount of USD 28.35 (USD) for online applications. If you submitted a paper application then it is USD 33.45
5) Letter confirming your contact information
6) Return Envelope from USPS only

Address to send the VAC Service Fee for passport submission:
CSC Consular Services, Inc
Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500
Philadelphia, PA 19178-3352
Documents
1) Original Cashier's Check, Money Order or Bank Draft for the amount of USD 28.35 only if you submitted an online application.

If you live close to Los Angeles then here are the addresses to send your documents

Address to send the 6 documents
Visa Application Centre
2120 E. Grand Avenue, Suite 108A
El Segundo, CA, 90245
U.S.A.

Address to send the VAC Fee for Passport Submission
CSC Consular Services Inc
P.O. Box 410039
Salt Lake City, Utah 84141-0039

Please call the respective offices before you send your documents to confirm the documents and addresses.

Hope it helps