+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

rluthra111

May 1, 2008
My brother 41 yr, online visitor visa application get approved and asked to submit original passport with letter at VFS Chandigarh, India.

What is the process now, will he get single entry or multiple entry visa, any one having experience.

Vivaronaldo

Feb 20, 2016
Vivaronaldo said:
My timeline (I live in the US):

Application Submitted: March 1, 2016
Passport Request: March 8, 2016. Sent all the documents required to NY VAC + money order to lockbox in Philadelphia.
Passport Received: March 10, 2016
Email from NYC VAC with Tracking Number: March 14, 2016
Passport in Transit to Visa Office: March 14, 2016
Passport Received by Visa Office - Under Consideration: March 15, 2016
Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC: March 16, 2016

I checked my CIC online and it says Closed and Approved. Expecting to receive my passport sometime end of this week or early next week, once NY VAC mails it back using the returned envelope that I attached.

All the best.
Update

My passport was mailed back by the VAC yesterday on March 17. I have received my passport today with a multiple entry visa valid until March 2019 (one month before my passport expires).

Overall the process took 2.5 weeks as I submitted my documents online on March 1 and got my visa on March 17.

daphnek

Mar 28, 2016
I have run into a similar situation. The confirmation email had a row stating Visa Type : PVT .What does Visa Type: PVT mean? Is it the same as the Working Holiday? Please advise.

dsiva said:
Hi

My passport reached the new York Canada VAC office and I got a confirmation email from VAC with passport receipt and online tracking number.
It had a row stating Visa Type : PVT in the confirmation email.

Is it a general term for a tourist visa type ? As when I googled regarding PVT visa type it says it a Working holiday visa comes under this PVT type with single entry :( but I applied for a tourist visa only.

Can anyone let me know for tourist visa the email confirmation had this PVT as visa type.

Thanks in Advance

pbcanada

Apr 16, 2015
Friends,
Kindly advise,

If for TRV of Canada, someone do not have invitation letter, is hotel booking sufficient ?
How much are the chances of getting visa with hotel booking compared to invitation letter?

Regards,

h1bindia1975

Aug 8, 2015
Application approved (USA) how to expedite the stamp process

Hi

I am an Indian national but quite well travelled. I had submitted my application on 24th of March and it got approved today ( 31st of March).

I need to travel urgently to Canada by 5th/6th of April. Is it possible to personally visit embassy in NY and get the visa stamp in one day or i am being very ambitious?

A quick reply to my question will be appreciated.

Regards
Manu

h1bindia1975

Aug 8, 2015
Request urgent help- VAC Fees

I have submitted my online application which was approved. I just called up and confirmed VAC about fees and they mentioned in need not sent $33.85 to VAC. I wanted to confirm if this is correct. I understand that we need to send two fees to lockbox

1. $33.85 for VAC
2. Visa processing fees -$28.35 for visa processing

Can someone confirm this

Thanks
M

shobhitwin

Apr 1, 2016
Re: Request urgent help- VAC Fees

h1bindia1975 said:
I have submitted my online application which was approved. I just called up and confirmed VAC about fees and they mentioned in need not sent $33.85 to VAC. I wanted to confirm if this is correct. I understand that we need to send two fees to lockbox

1. $33.85 for VAC
2. Visa processing fees -$28.35 for visa processing

Can someone confirm this

Thanks
M
You only need to send $28.35 per person. If there are more than one person just multiply this fee with the number of person and send the single money order to lockbox (not VAC). Send a copy of money order to VAC

Thanks

pharmacistgju

Apr 20, 2008
Hi,

I would like to know after getting stamped on the passport how much time they give you for the departure. I was wondering if there is no such timeline then I can apply for my parents visitor visa now and they can travel anytime later.

Thanks

Raj2014

Sep 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
May 9 2014
Med's Done....
May 23 2014 / IP Sep 2 2015 / DM Sep 18 2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2015 / Already in Canada Since 2010 as Student & Worker ...Now PR
Hello Everyone,

Applied Visitor Visa Online: March 31st 2016

Passport Request: April 2nd 2016

Received instructions to send passport.

We will send it to NYC VAC.

My questions:

We will send Money Order fees to Lockbox in Philadelphia. ($28.35) Is it correct ? do we have to submit any additional document to identify that is is mine ???/

How about Way Bill Number ?? (It is to confusing on VAC web page) (It means send return envelop with the passport ??)

It is too confusing to send fees at different location & send passport to different location.......

Please advice !!

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
today i got the courier for VFS global new delhi.
multiple entry visa approved for my father...
applied on 23 march visa approved within 05 working days.

paper based visa application filed.

Thanks

all praise to Jesus.

Helper2016

Apr 4, 2016
Hello Friends,

Hope below information will help you. Please do not book your flight tickets until your return courier tracking number is activated.Even if it was next day shipping, please expect the delivery in 2 days while return of passport in USPS.

In my case, electronic copy of photograph did not meet one of the specification. Still I guess consulate was able to modify the same photograph to meet the requirement (I guess).I did not submit new photograph or any other document.

Finally Visa was approved. May be with couple of days delay due to photograph editing.

Send the courier and return label with next day delivery. I spent 68$ total for 3 couriers, but it was worth it for peace of mind.

Thanks
Your Friend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visa Office: New York
Submission Method: :Online
Applied For: Visitor Visa
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Timeline
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 16 2016 - Online application submitted
March 16 2016 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
March 16 2016 - Submission Confirmation
March 24 2016 - Original Passport Request
March 24 2016 - Original Passport Sent
March 25 2016, 12:00 pm - USPS shows original passport had been delivered.
March 29 2016, 10:51am - Confirmation mail received from VAC for passport receipt. Contains online tracking number. Status: Application Received.
March 30 2016, 10:00am - VAC Status changed to "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"
April 04 2016, 11:50am - VAC Status is still "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration". CIC status changed to Closed/Approved.
April 05 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC"
April 06 2016, 11:30am - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC"
April 08 2016, 03:00pm - Received passport with multiple entry stamping
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wadujj

Apr 12, 2016
Got it ! Can you also shed some light on the Return label. Is putting an extra USPS Priority envelop with my address in "To" and the required postage enough ? How do i get the tracking number on it ? Usually the person puts a sticker in post office. Can we buy those separately as well ?

Best

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Quick question:

I have opened a MY CiC account with main applicant as My DAD and two additional applications as my Mom and Sister. Can anyone tell me:
1) Can I open a account for my family and pay for visa fees from Canada? I read somewhere that VAC does not acknowledge payment from Canadian banks.

2) Is it ok if Marriage certificate is not uploaded and only passport copy explains the spouse relationship?