Waived
Passport Req..
PPR 1 -- 30th Nov 2011 PPR2 -- 19th Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
Hello Members,

Can some one please guide me how can i attach additional documents online, because after uploading all checklist items i dont see any upload section for additional docs. there is 1 upload option but i have to upload 5-6 files how can i do that to support my Parents application

Your guidance will be appreciated

Thanks

bechmaroun

Dec 8, 2015
Hey everyone, I'm also living the Christmas nightmare

Im a Lebanese student in Pittsburgh. I applied online on Nov. 13th for a temporary visa and my flight is booked for the 17th of December. It’s now the 9th of December. Till now, 2 updates messages with no actual updates on the 20th and the 25th of November. My application is complete, I have paid the biometrics, but no updates. I haven’t even received the biometrics letter (that I should do within 30 days of applying!) and my flight is in 8 days ! I literally used every single number or email. Beginning of this week, I called the NY office, they said they couldn’t access my application. I called the number of the CIC from inside the US (had to wait for an hour to get an agent), had to try it twice to convince the agent that my application was not accessible from the US and he could access it. He finally accepted and told me it was sent (he doesn’t know why) to the case processing centre in Ottawa, and advised me to send a fax for urgent matters. I did and I also sent an email. Then I called the CIC again because the system was down, to check on my application. The agent told me my application is surely not in the case processing centre in Ottawa and that this was a “wrong information”. She said I should check with the NY office, and I sent an email to the immigration department there, before receiving an email from the processing centre in Ottawa! Saying they are still reviewing my app despite the fact its past the processing times. I also called the NY visa centre to see what could be faster: giving my biometrics in Pittsburgh and sending my passport, or going in person to NY to do both. Agent didn’t seem to understand my question. And now, the online system is DOWN! AMAZING !!!

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Do you see a folder named other? Over there you can upload your additional files online. But right now you can't even login, my accounts system is Down due to technical issue.

SW1993

Oct 14, 2015
Hi all,

I applied for a TRV on Nov 30th 2015 and they requested me to send my passport on Dec 5th 2015. It says decision has been made. I currently reside in Canada on a PGWP and I applied within Canada.

1. Does this mean my visa has been approved?
2. How long does it take CIC to send my passport back?

Regards

brittanyquesada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
SW1993 said:
Hi all,

I applied for a TRV on Nov 30th 2015 and they requested me to send my passport on Dec 5th 2015. It says decision has been made. I currently reside in Canada on a PGWP and I applied within Canada.

1. Does this mean my visa has been approved?
2. How long does it take CIC to send my passport back?

Regards
Yes it does mean that it is approved, it should say something like they need it to complete the process. so if you dont send your passport within a certain amount of time (like 30 days) then they can refuse you but if you send it before, they will stamp it to finalize the approval..

i'm not sure how long it will take as my husband applied from outside of Canada, but it took 1 week and he had to send it to Guatemala from Costa Rica so i'm sure it would be less?

kathyle95

Nov 27, 2015
Below is my boyfriend's timeline (Vietnamese PP - F1 Student in the US)

Nov 15th: Applied on
Nov 27th: Received PP request
Dec 7th: VAC NY received PP as per USPS tracking
Dec 8th: Application Received by Visa Office - Under Consideration as per VAC tracking id#
Dec 10th: Application Completed - In transit to VAC. Online Application Status Approved. Closed.
Dec 11th: Application Completed - In Transit to Applicant from VAC. USPS return airway bill activated - In Transit
Dec 14th: Received PP with stamped visa (until PP expiry date). ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dec 16, 2015
I was asked to send the passport as part of the visitor visa process. The passport gets lost by USPS express and for three whole months no one knows where the passport is! USPS then finally delivers the passport but NY CIC sends the passport back without any Canadian visa stamped anywhere!

Does this online Canadian visa have a paper visa? If no, how do I find what validity does this approved visa have?

With the passport, we received the CIC letter and cover letter we had originally enclosed but there was no letter from CIC explaining anything if incase the passport did not make it in time (Not our mistake)
I've emailed handful of times to NY CIC but no one cares to reply.

The management at Canadian CIC turns out to be worse than any third world country's visa process!! :mad:

PS: The lost passport was conveyed to CIC and they did reply saying once you receive the new passport you may have the Canadian visa stamped.

rossoneri18

Feb 23, 2015
I couriered my passport last week to CPC Ottawa at the 365 Laurier Avenue West address and it was received at the mail room. I was wondering how long it takes to put the TRV on the passport and send it back? Does anyone have any recent timelines for passport return with TRV from CPC Ottawa?

madzcris08

Sep 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
03-17-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2015 (upfront)
hi would like to ask questions, i got confused when i backread... when cic requested your passport...

does it mean that the exact automated email reply from cic indicates "paspport request" ?

or

the cic automated email will just tell you to that you have a new message in your mycic account.. from there you will see on the message "passport request"?

thanks!

brittanyquesada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
troubledtourist said:
I was asked to send the passport as part of the visitor visa process. The passport gets lost by USPS express and for three whole months no one knows where the passport is! USPS then finally delivers the passport but NY CIC sends the passport back without any Canadian visa stamped anywhere!

Does this online Canadian visa have a paper visa? If no, how do I find what validity does this approved visa have?

With the passport, we received the CIC letter and cover letter we had originally enclosed but there was no letter from CIC explaining anything if incase the passport did not make it in time (Not our mistake)
I've emailed handful of times to NY CIC but no one cares to reply.

The management at Canadian CIC turns out to be worse than any third world country's visa process!! :mad:

PS: The lost passport was conveyed to CIC and they did reply saying once you receive the new passport you may have the Canadian visa stamped.
When you got the request for the passport, it should say something like they need it within a certain time (my husbands said 30 days, both times he recieved a trv) and even though it wasn't your fault, having your passport was the only way that they can complete the process of accepting your application by stamping your passport.. it should say in the letter, if they don't receive your passport within the 30 days it will be rejected. So that is probably what happened. It is not CIC or your fault. You will just have to reapply. and since you've recieved an acceptance letter before, you probably will again

this is from one of the letters my husband got ..
"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements

• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.

• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.

• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.

• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport."

brittanyquesada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
madzcris08 said:
hi would like to ask questions, i got confused when i backread... when cic requested your passport...

does it mean that the exact automated email reply from cic indicates "paspport request" ?

or

the cic automated email will just tell you to that you have a new message in your mycic account.. from there you will see on the message "passport request"?

thanks!
You would get an email saying that you have an update and/or new message in your mycic account. you would log into it.. then you will notice a new message.. that will say if its rejected or accepted... this is a direct quote from the letter in his mycic account he got

"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements

• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.

• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport........"

amine1990

Mar 18, 2013
Hi !!

i got passport request letter :

Passport requirements

Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport

does it mean visa is approved ?

please let me know

thanks

brittanyquesada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
amine1990 said:
Hi !!

i got passport request letter :

Passport requirements

Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport

does it mean visa is approved ?

please let me know

thanks
if you do what they ask in the letter, they can finalize the approval. if you don't do as the ask and do not send it in time, like it says in the letter you got, your application will be refused.