+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
My Passport was reached on 15-June-15. But Till now I haven't got any Tracking no. I have sent the passport to NY office.

Any Idea by when will I receive the tracking no. ??

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks,

I have got the online CIC message for passport request for my parent's online application.
However my parents couldn't travel to chennai and one of my uncle is willing to help submit the passport on their behalf.He is my mom's brother so surely will be safe to hand it over to my uncle.

I am thinking of asking my parents to provide authorization letter for my uncle to submit the passport on my parent's behalf.
Is there any available authorization letter on VFS that needs to be submitted? I can't find one. If there's any standard format can you please refer me to one.Basically looking for what details to include in this letter.If someone can please help here it would be great.

Plus thinking of the fees for passport submission for online application is it 579 + return courier of 342.
Is the Application Handling of 724 to be added as well? Just wanted to make sure we give instructions to my uncle.

As a Checklist for passport submission through a representative:
1)Original passport
2) Letter from CIC requesting passport
3) Authorization letter signed by applicant
4) 579 + 342 fees.
5) VFS consent letter with page 3 signed with the representative name

Will this suffice?

Thanks

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teeeeeeee said:
You dont need authorization letter when submitting only when collecting the passport is when they require it. :D
I think every country does it differently depending on the VFS rules in that country offices.
From VFS india website,

Once you receive notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you can submit the passport and that passport request letter:

In person/ through an authorized representative at the CVAC

I am referring to the representative to submit the passport.

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
oh sorry for that, thought it was same everywhere. Pretoria doesn't require authorization when submitting passports after request. I know cause my brother sent his classmate to submit for him and it was no problem at all. Only for collection did the require authorization letter. :)

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teeeeeeee said:
oh sorry for that, thought it was same everywhere. Pretoria doesn't require authorization when submitting passports after request. I know cause my brother sent his classmate to submit for him and it was no problem at all. Only for collection did the require authorization letter. :)
That would have been easier, unfortunately its not that way in VFS india :)

nair001

Jun 17, 2015
Visa Office: New York
Submission Method: :Online
Applied For: Visitor Visa
-------------------------------------------------------
Timeline
-
June 01 2015 - Online application submitted
June 02 2015 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
June 02 2015 - Submission Confirmation
June 12 2015 - Original Passport Request
June 15 2015 - Original Passport Sent
June 16 2015, 12:00 pm - USPS shows original passport had been delivered.
June 17 2015, 04:30 pm - Confirmation mail received from VAC for passport receipt. Contains online tracking number. Status: Application Received.
June 17 2015, 09:45 pm - VAC Status changed to "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"
June 18 2015, 11:00 pm - VAC Status is still "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration". CIC status changed to Closed/Approved.
June 22 2015, 01:23 pm - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC"
June 23 2015, 03:44 pm - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC"
June 24 2015, 06:21 am - USPS shows the parcel is in transit.
-
End of Update

nair001

Jun 17, 2015
nair001 said:
Visa Office: New York
Submission Method: :Online
Applied For: Visitor Visa
-------------------------------------------------------
Timeline
-
June 01 2015 - Online application submitted
June 02 2015 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
June 02 2015 - Submission Confirmation
June 12 2015 - Original Passport Request
June 15 2015 - Original Passport Sent
June 16 2015, 12:00 pm - USPS shows original passport had been delivered.
June 17 2015, 04:30 pm - Confirmation mail received from VAC for passport receipt. Contains online tracking number. Status: Application Received.
June 17 2015, 09:45 pm - VAC Status changed to "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"
June 18 2015, 11:00 pm - VAC Status is still "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration". CIC status changed to Closed/Approved.
June 22 2015, 01:23 pm - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC"
June 23 2015, 03:44 pm - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC"
June 24 2015, 06:21 am - USPS shows the parcel is in transit.
June 25 2015, 01:30 pm - Passport received. 10 year multiple entry visa stamped with no photo. Shows that it was processed at CPC-Ottawa.

carteriv

Jun 23, 2015
hi
i applied for my trv and also done the biometrics(22nd june) as instructed but my status on cic website still shows " we need applicants biometrics"
processing time for my country is 5 working days. i am confused because i have called and also sent an email yet no useful response. any ideas on what's going on! please help!!!!!

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
My case looks to be very strange and tensed so far.

Applied for PR Travel Document (Not a Visitor Visa) in New York
My App was submitted to Consulate on 22nd June
CSC recieved the app on 25th June
Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC today 06/26

But out of all this usually Travel document takes minimum 7 - 41 days but this is super sonic fast and I am worried because my Money Order is not cashed called CSC customer service I guess call goes to some Mexico\Philippines and all they tell me is we dont know what application has approval or denial but either way they said they should have cashed the Money Order they too are surprised.

Has anyone faced this issue got approval but money order got cashed later on...Please update me kinda tensed....

lonsaa

Jun 15, 2015
Submit application on June 12th. Passport requested in June 17th and sent passport on the same day. CPC-Ottawa received passport the next day. Application approved on June 25th. Received back passport on June 26th.

1000Islands

Jul 6, 2015
My Father-in-law and Mother-in-law applied for visitors visa to Canada. They are visiting from India. The status on myCIC website is showing that the application has been approved for both of them and application status is “Closed”.

We have been waiting for their passport so that we can visit Canada. They need to leave for India first week of August and has limited time available to visit Canada. Please let me know when will they receive their passport.

Online Visa applied: June 8th,
Passport Requested: June 25th
Passport Sent to NY office: June 26th
Bank-Draft sent to Philadelphia: June 26th
Passport Delivered: June 29th
Status changed: July 2nd, Status: Closed, Visa has been approved.
Return UPS label is still not activated. Need to leave for canada this Friday July 10th.

Please Help!!!

dsiva

Jul 9, 2015
Hi

My passport reached the new York Canada VAC office and I got a confirmation email from VAC with passport receipt and online tracking number.
It had a row stating Visa Type : PVT in the confirmation email.

Is it a general term for a tourist visa type ? As when I googled regarding PVT visa type it says it a Working holiday visa comes under this PVT type with single entry :( but I applied for a tourist visa only.

Can anyone let me know for tourist visa the email confirmation had this PVT as visa type.

Thanks in Advance

sanybhai

Feb 21, 2014
Please help with your advice

Hi Guys **Please Help with you advice**

My wife is currently in USA with a tourist visa. She is originally from Bangladesh. I am residing in Canada with a work permit.
Our immigration is on the process. I am planning to apply for her tourist visa from USA.
My concern is should I apply through paper or online? I know the paper application goes to NYC
Consulate and the online application goes to Ottawa-cpc. I am not worried about the processing time but wondering where she would have better chance of approval?
Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

rajathens

Jul 14, 2015
Hi

We applied on 2nd June via CIC website and though got few mails about "your application has been updated" and when checked in CIC, there was nothing.

How do you know which visa office is processing your application ? This is what it shows for our all 3 applications.

Application/profile status: Open
Review of medical results: Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information: Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached: Not Started

I got mails from CIC on 2nd June, 3rd, 8th and 13th about application being updated but there was nothing. Did i miss something ? I login to CIC website and then check status.

Please guide.

Best/Raj