16 Sept. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Sept. 2015
LANDED..........
01 Oct. 2015 PR Card Received-13Jan.2016
jEmilio said:
Applied: May 17th
Passport Request: May 25th

If I got my passport requested does that mean my visa is approved?
probably yes.....if they refused ...they just sent a refusal letter by e-mail...!!
my timline is:-
Applied online: 19may 2015
Passport Request on : 27may 2015
Passport Sent on : 28may 2015
Visa Office: CPP-Ottawa, ON

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
Unbelievable , Pretoria Office is the most inefficient... When are you supposed to travel?. Its been just over 3 weeks for me and still nothing, I am sending a fax tomorrow... So much for 19 days processing time, this sucks... :-[

MIRAI

May 7, 2015
Teeeeeeee said:
Unbelievable , Pretoria Office is the most inefficient... When are you supposed to travel?. Its been just over 3 weeks for me and still nothing, I am sending a fax tomorrow... So much for 19 days processing time, this sucks... :-[
Did you apply by paper or online?
I applied online in U.S and I don't know why it takes too much time. Or they forget my application?
My trip starts on Jun 26 . How about you?

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
MIRAI said:
Did you apply by paper or online?
I applied online in U.S and I don't know why it takes too much time. Or they forget my application?
My trip starts on Jun 26 . How about you?
I applied online as well but i am in Botswana. send a specific web request form as well as a fax both written urgent. My trip starts on the 2nd of July. Do you know i already got my Schengen visa to travel to Germany and Italy, it only took 3 days. And yet Canada i applied over 3 weeks ago.. so sad... I have seen many instances like this with the Canadian Visa office Pretoria and people end up cancelling their trips, they give you the visa when your travel dates have passed. Personally i think its a rip off because you dont get the application fee back and no services have been rendered!!! There have no sense of urgency and its frustrating.... :mad: :( ::)

Brunswick

Jan 25, 2015
Please I have a question as regards visitor visa.....I did an upfront medical exams before submitting application online but after a month of submission , am told to do Medicals .....is that a mix up or something. I have contacted the Panel physician where the Medicals was conducted and am told they had posted the results to the cic portal about 3 weeks ago. Kindly advise.... Any email or number to contact....I applied from Nigeria. Thanks all

R1982

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP-30Apr.14
Doc's Request.
18Oct.2014
Nomination.....
11NOV.2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
Med's Request
30April2015
Med's Done....
06May2015
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
16 Sept. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Sept. 2015
LANDED..........
01 Oct. 2015 PR Card Received-13Jan.2016
jEmilio said:
Got my passport back today June 3rd
my timline is:-
Applied online: 19may 2015
Passport Request on : 27may 2015
Passport Sent on : 28may 2015
Passport reached : 01jun.2015
Stats Online : Approved
Passport Return : Activated return Envelope on : 03 JUNE 2015
Got Passport on : 04 June 2015
Visa Office: CPP-Ottawa, ON

Krinaaa

Jun 19, 2013
hello everybody im applying for my parents tourist visa online, i know it says optional documents, i dont know if it should be better to add the "explanation letter" everybody here did? what do you write in there (examples)? could it be like kind of itinerary explaining how or why will be the trip ?

tveeter

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Hello All,

I would like to apply for a visitor visa for my Mother for more than 6 months. She is in India and visa office is New delhi.

I see two options
- Apply Online
- Apply Paper.

I did the eligibility check and I got a reference number. I logged into mycic website, created gc key, and imported the application using the reference number.

Now it is showing me list of documents to be uploaded. I have all the documents ready to upload. Before I upload and submit the application I was wondering what happens next?

- How long it normally takes to get a decision? Is online faster or paper application through VFS is faster?
- If the visa is approved, where will I submit the passport?

Please can anyone advise?

lonsaa

Jun 15, 2015
Hi guys,

I have just submitted my application for TRV renewal within Canada. However, I have one concern, my wife has to go back to our home country next week. So if CIC ask for the both our passport, what should I do? Can I send mine to Ottawa and request my wife's visa to be processed at VAC in our country? Will this significantly delay the visa stamping coz I will need to process my visa soon as well since I need to go back in a month of so. :'(

nair001

Jun 17, 2015
So here is my timeline, still not complete and awaiting further updates.

Visa Office: New York
Submission Method: :Online
Applied For: Visitor Visa
-------------------------------------------------------
Timeline
-
June 01 2015 - Online application submitted
June 02 2015 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
June 02 2015 - Submission Confirmation
June 12 2015 - Original Passport Request
June 15 2015 - Original Passport Sent
June 16 2015 - USPS shows original passport had been delivered.
-
End of Update
--------------------------------------------------------

lonsaa

Jun 15, 2015
lonsaa said:
Hi guys,

I have just submitted my application for TRV renewal within Canada. However, I have one concern, my wife has to go back to our home country next week. So if CIC ask for the both our passport, what should I do? Can I send mine to Ottawa and request my wife's visa to be processed at VAC in our country? Will this significantly delay the visa stamping coz I will need to process my visa soon as well since I need to go back in a month of so. :'(
Hi Guys,

OK. Today I have just received the message requesting my original passport. However, my wife's application has not been processed though I submitted both our TRV renewal together. So does this mean I need to submit my passport separately? I sent email yesterday requesting either my wife's application or both our applications to be processed at VAC in our homecountry. Is this good news or what? Or are they investigating my wife's application further? I hope my wife's application was not rejected!

nair001

Jun 17, 2015
nair001 said:
So here is my timeline, still not complete and awaiting further updates.

Visa Office: New York
Submission Method: :Online
Applied For: Visitor Visa
-------------------------------------------------------
Timeline
-
June 01 2015 - Online application submitted
June 02 2015 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
June 02 2015 - Submission Confirmation
June 12 2015 - Original Passport Request
June 15 2015 - Original Passport Sent
June 16 2015, 12 pm - USPS shows original passport had been delivered.
-
End of Update
--------------------------------------------------------
June 17 2015, 4:30 pm - Confirmation mail received from VAC for passport receipt. Contains online tracking number. Status: Application Received.
June 17 2015, 9:45 pm - Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration
June 18 11:00 pm - VAC Status is still the same. CIC status changed to Approved.