Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2015
LANDED..........
16/01/2015
Hi. I need help. I tried to apply for my parents visitor visa online but there is not enough space to submit all the documents. The size of a Word Doc has to be very little. What can i do? Can i send the rest by email? I would appreciate any advice. Thank you

dcoene

Apr 13, 2015
Timeline:

Applied: March 26, 2015
Passport requested: March 31, 2015
Passport sent: March 31, 2015
Passport received by CPP: April 2, 2015
Application status changed to "approved, closed": April 9, 2015

However my tracking number for the return envelope is not yet activated. Has anyone insights on how long should it take to receive my passport with my TRV?

I'm freaking out as I have a plane ticket for this Thursday (in 3 days)

I tried to contact the CPC, but I just have a number of a call center and they are not helpful at all.

Any insights will be helpful!!

kareem.firoz

May 16, 2014
Hello dcoene,

Have you received your passport (I hope, yes!), and if yes, when? I'm in a similar situation and awaiting.

Visa status updated as approved on April 15th. I called CIC Call center today, and the response received was they might take a week before they send it!

Thanks!

dcoene said:
Timeline:

Applied: March 26, 2015
Passport requested: March 31, 2015
Passport sent: March 31, 2015
Passport received by CPP: April 2, 2015
Application status changed to "approved, closed": April 9, 2015

However my tracking number for the return envelope is not yet activated. Has anyone insights on how long should it take to receive my passport with my TRV?

I'm freaking out as I have a plane ticket for this Thursday (in 3 days)

I tried to contact the CPC, but I just have a number of a call center and they are not helpful at all.

Any insights will be helpful!!

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi dcoene,

I am in a very similar position right now. My application has been closed few days back and haven't received my passport yet. The tracking to return back is not even activated yet. I am a bit worried. It has my passport.

Any help?

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
Hi guys i applied for my parents visiter visa online on 8 april they have got orignal passport request today on 20 april.... They are going to submit the passport at vac vfs on 21 april , i was just curious what is the fees charged by vfs in jalandhar ... Also in how many days possibly i will get my passport back with visa ??

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
svetlana said:
Hi. I need help. I tried to apply for my parents visitor visa online but there is not enough space to submit all the documents. The size of a Word Doc has to be very little. What can i do? Can i send the rest by email? I would appreciate any advice. Thank you
No, you can not. either apply paper application or get help of some techy to help u reduce file size. convert word into pdf and it will come under 4mb.

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
sidaktoronto said:
Hi guys i applied for my parents visiter visa online on 8 april they have got orignal passport request today on 20 april.... They are going to submit the passport at vac vfs on 21 april , i was just curious what is the fees charged by vfs in jalandhar ... Also in how many days possibly i will get my passport back with visa ??
The fee is Rs. 1100 something, not sure of the exact no per person.

amarecharla

Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
svetlana said:
Try to convert them into PDF format and upload.

SAHARGH

Apr 15, 2015
Hi members,
Is there any body here that applied for Entry visa within Canada? I sent my application to Ottawa office but I have not heard any news since March 29th.

creatorzzson

Jan 10, 2015
sidaktoronto said:
Vfa jalandhar took like 12 days for you man great!

My parents applied on March 30 online application havent heard anything from embassy yet. Its getting weird! Anybody from chandigarh consulate here?

hcmistri

Oct 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Pre-Medical
Did you received your passport back ?
I am in the same boat as well they close my application yesterday but my CanadaPost Express Post tracking number is still not activated.

Randy.Orton said:
Hi dcoene,

I am in a very similar position right now. My application has been closed few days back and haven't received my passport yet. The tracking to return back is not even activated yet. I am a bit worried. It has my passport.

Any help?

abddayo

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 28-07-2015 AOR2 08-09-2015
File Transfer...
30-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2016
LANDED..........
19-02-2016
I applied on 6 March 2015 for a TRV (Temporary residence Visa). I have been waiting for 2 months now and the last update I got was from cic on 3 April saying my application has been updated, but I still have no passport request or any other info. I’m at my wits end now waiting. Applied online and should be processed through Pretoria, South Africa. Someone please help :’(

07Toronto07

May 7, 2015
Hi Members,
Did anyone receive the passport back after the TRV stamping from Ottawa? How much time are they taking to Stamp and send the passports back?????
I have applied for TRV online and got a passport request on 4th. passport received by the Ottawa office on 6th may. Just curious if there are cases when people have received the passports back in 10 days....

Thanks

MIRAI

May 7, 2015
abddayo said:
I applied on 6 March 2015 for a TRV (Temporary residence Visa). I have been waiting for 2 months now and the last update I got was from cic on 3 April saying my application has been updated, but I still have no passport request or any other info. I'm at my wits end now waiting. Applied online and should be processed through Pretoria, South Africa. Someone please help :'(
Did you got passport request?

tbtbr

May 9, 2015
Hi,

I just want to share my experience of making Canada visa.
I'm Indonesian and have F1 visa in Dallas area..
I applied through CIC account (gc key) and already got my passport back...

Applied: April 10
Passport Request: April 22
Passport sent (Through USPS): April 23 (to VAC in El Segundo, LA)
Passport delivered: May 1 (USPS got my passport delayed, so I think better to use the priority mail instead of first class mail)
However, after the VAC received my passport at May 1, they sent me an email consists of the tracking id (for vac website) and air waybill number (my return envelope)
Application closed: May 5
Passport sent to Dallas from LA: May 6 (I checked it from USPS tracking air waybill number)
Received my passport back: May 9

Hope this will be useful!