+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

rahulchem19

Nov 10, 2014
Hi Dikkiparmar,

Thank you very much that is what I did.

Here is what you have to do after the online application:

Pay 35.59 per applicant via money order/draft and send the payment to Philadelphia office (mentioned in the instructions) also mail them a copy of the letter from the consulate asking you to send your passport. This letter has you UIC and application ID helps them connect the payment to your application.

Then send your passport with copy of that letter and a VAC consent form (1 per applicant) and a copy of the money order/draft and a return envelope (track able) to US CVAC in NY.

All the best.

nashusa

Nov 12, 2014
rahulchem19 said:
Hi All,

I applied for Canadian TRV on November 4th through their online application process.

Received a letter to submit the passport which had a link for where to send the passport www(dot)cic(dot)gc(dot)ca/submit

since I have chosen NY this is what the instructions are:

You must submit your passport at the visa application centre (VAC) in New York

Canadian Visa Application Centre – New York
290 Madison Ave, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017
USA

This can be done by mail or in person.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:

The passport request letter you received from CIC
Any applicable VAC fees, such as passport transmission fees
Full contact information, including a phone number and your full return address
The VAC consent form (PDF, 18 KB)
A pre-paid return courier envelope, if applicable
Check the website of the New York VAC for all requirements and more information.

I paid $ 200 when I applied online ($100 x 2 me and my wife), Now I am not sure how much do I need to pay more to VAC.

As per the instructions above when I checked New York VAC website it seems like I have to pay $43.04 per applicant for VAC to process the Visa.
it seems ok up until this point.

The instructions further indicate additional service fees (see below):

Additional Service Fees
The payment of additional services from the VAC can be paid by bank draft.
The bank draft, cashier's cheque, certified cheque, or money order directed to CSC Consular Services Inc. must be sent to the following lockbox and you must send a copy of the payment along with your application to the VAC.
Payments for Visa Application Centre in New York:
CSC Consular Services Inc
Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500
Philadelphia, PA 19178-3352
Payments for Visa Application Centre in Los Angeles:
CSC Consular Services Inc
P.O. Box 410039
Salt Lake City, Utah 84141-0039
Passport delivery / e-Application *
$35.59
Photographs
$10.04 – 2 photos
Photocopy / Printing (each page)
$0.29 per photocopy / page
IMM5257, IMM1294, IMM1295 Forms fill-out (Self-service)
$7.17 per applicant
IMM5257, IMM1294, IMM1295 Forms fill-out (Full-service)
$28.69 per applicant
* If you receive a request letter from CIC to submit your passport to the Visa Office, or if you applied online with an e-App, you can use the VAC to securely send your passport.
Step 1: Bring your passport to the VAC and pay the appropriate fees. Please include the letter from CIC requesting your passport, the VAC Consent form and your contact information. You can either bring your passport in-person to the VAC or send it by courier.
Step 2: Decide how you will want your passport returned to you. You can choose to pick-up your passport in person or have your passport delivered to you at home. If you choose to have it delivered you will need to include a pre-paid Air Waybill when you submit your passport to the VAC.
Step 3: Track your passport. The VAC will send your passport to the Visa Office and give you a tracking number so you can track where your passport is.

Now I am not sure if I have to pay this $35.59 in addition to the $43.04 ?

Please help.

Thank you.
Rahul, I have applied on Nov 4th end of day thru NY VCA online. I haven't heard anything back. Can you please provide the exact timeline of your process.

Much Appreciated.

Thanks
Nash

alirz23

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Hi everyone,

I applied for TRV on 2nd October it has been over a month, I have not heard anything from the consulate been waiting patiently, but now I am loosing patience as I am traveling in December.

This process is really irritating I tried calling them they have a IVR in place telling you go screw yourself.

nashusa

Nov 12, 2014
alirz23 said:
Hi everyone,

I applied for TRV on 2nd October it has been over a month, I have not heard anything from the consulate been waiting patiently, but now I am loosing patience as I am traveling in December.

This process is really irritating I tried calling them they have a IVR in place telling you go screw yourself.
There should be an email inquiry link.. use that. Your application is out of processing window.. wait did you apply from US? its 38 Days window.

rahulchem19

Nov 10, 2014
Hi Nash,

I applied on November 4th and received an email from them to submit my passport and other paper work on the 6th. Now the message that they sent me was not delivered via email to the account that I had mentioned in my application but the message was actually in my application dashboard https:(double backslash)onlineservices-servicesenligne(dot)cic(dot)gc(dot)ca/mycic/dashboard.
I was hoping to receive an email from them in my inbox which I didn't. So the message that they send you is in the dashboard of the application profile that you created for online submission.

I mailed my passport, money order to the respective addresses on the 10th and have not yet heard back from them.

I will keep you posted if anything gets updated.

All the best.

alirz23

Star Member
May 20, 2012
@nashua

Still no answer from CIC really starting to irritate me now, I applied in Pretoria, South Africa average time on the website for Pretoria is 14 days.

regards

nashusa

Nov 12, 2014
alirz23 said:
@ nashua

Still no answer from CIC really starting to irritate me now, I applied in Pretoria, South Africa average time on the website for Pretoria is 14 days.

regards
Same here man, a friend of mine applied on 7th nov and got passport request on 13th, I know i did a mistake in providing the proof of funds, I have given my pay stubs instead of a Bank Statement. Thats the only difference. Im not in rush so, took it easy.

Update us when you hear from them.. Did you try sending an email?

alirz23

Star Member
May 20, 2012
finally they sent me message asking for original passport, I had to email them I emailed them 2 days ago.

thanks everyone and good luck

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
My timeline:
3 November - applied for TRV
6 November - passport requested
17 November - brought passport in VAC in LA in person
18 November - passport received by Visa Office
19 November - visa stamped, passport sent back to VAC
20 November - got my TRV until 2023! Happy!!

wintervacay

Nov 21, 2014
I applied for TRV online on Nov 16th, I got email from CIC that a decision has been made as early as Nov 18th. I sent the necessary stuff (my Passport, Request letter that CIC sent, Consent form, Personal Info and proof of payment) to VAC in NYC. I sent my payment to lock box in Philly. Now I was so super confused with the info on VAC website, I sent $43.04 VAC service charge whereas I had to pay $35.59. Anybody knows what are consequences of this? While I am not interested in getting the difference($7.45) money back, I do not want to repeat the whole process with the right fees. Not to mention, I am worried that my passport will be lost in the confusion. Has anybody else paid wrong fees like me. Share your experience. Please help!

nashusa

Nov 12, 2014
wintervacay said:
I applied for TRV online on Nov 16th, I got email from CIC that a decision has been made as early as Nov 18th. I sent the necessary stuff (my Passport, Request letter that CIC sent, Consent form, Personal Info and proof of payment) to VAC in NYC. I sent my payment to lock box in Philly. Now I was so super confused with the info on VAC website, I sent $43.04 VAC service charge whereas I had to pay $35.59. Anybody knows what are consequences of this? While I am not interested in getting the difference($7.45) money back, I do not want to repeat the whole process with the right fees. Not to mention, I am worried that my passport will be lost in the confusion. Has anybody else paid wrong fees like me. Share your experience. Please help!
I don't think that will be an issue. Was your passport delivered and did you send a pre paid airwaybill to return your passport? Try looking it up.

MJ009

Sep 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicaation
Med's Request
12- Nov- 2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014, Also paid upfront RPRF on 14-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
22-Dec-2014
Inpasarable said:
My timeline:
3 November - applied for TRV
6 November - passport requested
17 November - brought passport in VAC in LA in person
18 November - passport received by Visa Office
19 November - visa stamped, passport sent back to VAC
20 November - got my TRV until 2023! Happy!!
Congrats..