+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

grad_student

Dec 10, 2013
pisces said:
I am applying from USA and got a request to send my PP (visitor). Would like your opinion as to which location to send. NYC or LA?
Which is faster?

Thanks,
I posted the same question on this forum few days ago, and no one bothered to answer it. I didnt give a fu*k about specifics, and try to follow the online directions rather than believing some anonymous poster. I live closer to east coast, and I sent mine to NY consulate.

It was delivered to consulate on Monday, and today I got the notification that my application has been approved and my application is close now. I am assuming that means I will be receiving my passport in mail soon, although the tracking number on the return envelope has not been activated so far. I am not sure if LA is faster than NYC, but I just wanted to let you know what I know from my first hand expeience.

grad_student

Dec 10, 2013
Can someone please let me know when should I expect my passport with visa stamp in mail. I sent my PP to NYC consulate. The status of my TRV changed to "closed" today, and it says my application has been approved. I would really appreciate the response.

welcomesk

Jan 30, 2014
grad_student said:
Can someone please let me know when should I expect my passport with visa stamp in mail. I sent my PP to NYC consulate. The status of my TRV changed to "closed" today, and it says my application has been approved. I would really appreciate the response.
My pp delivered to NY on Monday 3rd. Application closed on 5th,Wednesday morning. My return USPS tracking just got activated . They shipped my PP today evening( next day after closure of online application). It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow by 3pm.

U should get your PP on Saturday or definitely on Monday.

jellybee

Feb 6, 2014
Hello All.....my timeline
Online application submitted:Jan 31st
PP request: Feb 5th
PP delivered in LA Consulate: Feb 7th(it was delivered Today as per tracking info, confirmed with USPS).

waiting for the reply.....application status still open.
Anybody else on same boat?

cherry130721

Feb 7, 2014
apply with a J1 visa in the US

application submitted: Jan 17th
original passport request: Jan 22nd
Passport sent: Jan 23rd
Passport delivered to LA: Jan 25th (unfortunately it was a Saturday)
waited anxiously for days!!!
Application closed: Feb 6th

USPS tracking number hasn't been activated yet.
hopefully i can receive it before my trip on Feb 15th!!

good luck everyone

cherry130721

Feb 7, 2014
just received the email saying my application has been updated. i guess it is for the application status changed to "close"

LAXGA

Feb 7, 2014
Hello Experts,

Need some suggestions regarding possiblity of my passport return.. My first application (Paper based) for Canada Visiting Visa was rejected due to not mentioning about my ties in Canada and not sending my old passport copy. Since it was denied because of above reasons I have applied - ONLINE with an invitation letter and all sort of documents.

Online application submitetd on: December 19th, 2013
Original Passport Request : January 28th, 2014
Original Passport Sent : January 28th, 2014
Passport received LA : January 30th, 2014

Meantime I have changed plans and set every thing to fly Outside USA on Feb 21st, 2014..Since my departure date is very close I though I don't want to send my passport for visa stamp.. One of my friend suggested me that Passports return time is not that bad and not later than 7 - 10 days.. So I have mailed my passports to LA on Jan 28th, and this is a very costly mistake.. After reading some posting I'm getting nervous and worried whether I would get my passport back in time..

I need some suggestions on best options and chances of getting my passport before Feb 3rd week. I have sent eamil to LA embassy no reply so far..
Really appreciate your time and advice.

Thanks..

cherry130721

Feb 7, 2014
LAXGA said:
Hello Experts,

Need some suggestions regarding possiblity of my passport return.. My first application (Paper based) for Canada Visiting Visa was rejected due to not mentioning about my ties in Canada and not sending my old passport copy. Since it was denied because of above reasons I have applied - ONLINE with an invitation letter and all sort of documents.

Online application submitetd on: December 19th, 2013
Original Passport Request : January 28th, 2014
Original Passport Sent : January 28th, 2014
Passport received LA : January 30th, 2014

Meantime I have changed plans and set every thing to fly Outside USA on Feb 21st, 2014..Since my departure date is very close I though I don't want to send my passport for visa stamp.. One of my friend suggested me that Passports return time is not that bad and not later than 7 - 10 days.. So I have mailed my passports to LA on Jan 28th, and this is a very costly mistake.. After reading some posting I'm getting nervous and worried whether I would get my passport back in time..

I need some suggestions on best options and chances of getting my passport before Feb 3rd week. I have sent eamil to LA embassy no reply so far..
Really appreciate your time and advice.

Thanks..
I totally understand your situation. I was in the same anxiety for days after i sent my passport to LA.
No one can say anything for sure for when you can get your passport back.
It is good for you to write the email but you will never get a response. I wrote several emails and made several phone calls still no response.
What seems better for me now is the application has been closed 13 days after it was delivered on Jan 25th.

I have travel plan on Feb 15th, still waiting for the pp to be sent back..

anyway, best luck.

aryan11

Feb 5, 2014
My flight is on 13th…..applied 1 mo ahead of time…still can't get away with last minute anxiety….i had send Priority Mail return envelope….hope the tracking gets activated today!

cherry130721

Feb 7, 2014
I think it will be ok. still 5 days to go!! I have Express mail envelop.
let us wish for the best together!
I have flight on 15th/